Old 07-02-2018, 10:05 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-02-2018, 11:56 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Someone going to get their beanbag ripped off paying $500k for a 2RS. And rightly so.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:42 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Someone going to get their beanbag ripped off paying $500k for a 2RS. And rightly so.
I would bet that those spending $500k+ could care less about depreciation. Some of us are down that much in one day when the stock market takes a dump.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

This site is basically a marketing data / email address collection platform.

OP, if you indeed have "proprietary information" please send me the information you claim to have for the car in my avatar. I'd be happy to validate your assumptions and post back here if accurate.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:30 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
There are plenty of folks who $500,000 is like $500, what some people spend on a nice dinner.
Life is short. If you have the $$, buy what you can and want.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:57 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by FLGT
There are plenty of folks who $500,000 is like $500, what some people spend on a nice dinner.
Life is short. If you have the $$, buy what you can and want.
Yup, those folks are in a completely different tax bracket than a working stiff like me. It's funny how the same thing keeps happening with these new GT cars....big ADM and then back down to reality within a 1-2 years. I'm just glad my "want" factor for the GT2RS is very low as I'm just not a turbo guy anymore.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:16 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Your response reminds me of the processed meat popularized by a Bavarian gentleman named Oscar F Mayer: BA’ LONE’ KNEE.

Either you have proprietary information or you don’t. Proprietary means exclusive, legal right to the information, and this is what you are leading potential buyers to believe on your website. You cannot claim to have proprietary access and then just default to: “every car out there someone knows about. Like a local dealer or independent repair shop.”

Your website claims to have proprietary access to the owners of every car in your database. When someone does a search for a Porsche 918 within your “proprietary database," the search results shows 300 available. This is simply the number of new 918’s sold in the US in total, and you absolutely do not have proprietary access to those owners, nor the cars. Same goes for all the models you “specialize” in.

https://**********/vehiclesearch/
Just to set the record straight our database is our exclusive legal property consisting of the combination of vehicle identities, profiles and owner information. The information as a collective does not exist anywhere else. So I think you misunderstand what we mean, and it is proprietary data. However you want to twist your logic is fine ... and if you haven't submitted a search on our site then you don't even begin to know what data we do or don't have.

I encourage everyone to try the search app in the link provided by the ChicagoWhale.

As to whether we have any one particular vehicle's owners information I cannot tell you for certain, we certainly don't track RL handles, and there are 20,000 vehicles in our database. PM me if it's really that important for you to know ...
Old 07-03-2018, 01:27 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Tell your buddy I have a PTS 2RS coming if he wants to part with a day's pay
lucky you - what color?
Old 07-03-2018, 01:43 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I think Pors9 and Andial were separated at birth...
Old 07-03-2018, 10:00 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^ ROTFLMAO

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 07-03-2018, 11:23 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
Just to set the record straight our database is our exclusive legal property consisting of the combination of vehicle identities, profiles and owner information. The information as a collective does not exist anywhere else. So I think you misunderstand what we mean, and it is proprietary data. However you want to twist your logic is fine ... and if you haven't submitted a search on our site then you don't even begin to know what data we do or don't have.

I encourage everyone to try the search app in the link provided by the ChicagoWhale.

As to whether we have any one particular vehicle's owners information I cannot tell you for certain, we certainly don't track RL handles, and there are 20,000 vehicles in our database. PM me if it's really that important for you to know ...
I don’t understand, do you access DMV records? https://**********/faqs/
Old 07-03-2018, 02:06 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

A). You claim to have "proprietary access to the owners of all cars in [our] database."

B). A search of 918’s in your database results in 300 - in other words, every single 918 sold in the United States. Other searches of various GT cars yields similar results of every car of that particular model sold in the US.

C) Your webpage informs clients they can use your services to “locate those targets” (verbatim from your webpage)

I think most Rennlist readers who own various GT cars would be deeply troubled by your claim that you have proprietary access to them, and that you consider them targets if you have a client who wants their car.

Direct quote from your webpage:

Our proprietary access to the owners attached to the vehicles in our database allows members to identify vehicles of interest and engage with us to contact the owners for a possible purchase. Buyers use the Search App to pare their target list…. and then use our service to locate those targets.

Could you clarify this please?

Thank you.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:20 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I think Pors9 and Andial were separated at birth...
That is funny stuff. Maybe we should have them race at a local track. Oh i forgot Andial doesn't drive...
Old 07-03-2018, 02:22 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
A). You claim to have "proprietary access to the owners of all cars in [our] database."

B). A search of 918’s in your database results in 300 - in other words, every single 918 sold in the United States. Other searches of various GT cars yields similar results of every car of that particular model sold in the US.

C) Your webpage informs clients they can use your services to “locate those targets” (verbatim from your webpage)

I think most Rennlist readers who own various GT cars would be deeply troubled by your claim that you have proprietary access to them, and that you consider them targets if you have a client who wants their car.

Direct quote from your webpage:

Our proprietary access to the owners attached to the vehicles in our database allows members to identify vehicles of interest and engage with us to contact the owners for a possible purchase. Buyers use the Search App to pare their target list…. and then use our service to locate those targets.

Could you clarify this please?

Thank you.
Target vehicles .. but all vehicles have owners. I think you make a good point that the language on the website should be clearer that the vehicles are the 'targets' not people per se. We will note that for the next site revision.

I don't know if people are troubled by us knowing their vehicles and identities or not - we make it very clear that we do not share VINs or owner identities as part of our process (or otherwise) - otherwise all I can tell you is welcome to the 21st century and if you don't like how the world works ... talk to your congressperson.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:52 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yup, those folks are in a completely different tax bracket than a working stiff like me. It's funny how the same thing keeps happening with these new GT cars....big ADM and then back down to reality within a 1-2 years. I'm just glad my "want" factor for the GT2RS is very low as I'm just not a turbo guy anymore.
My thoughts exactly....and the "want" for a GT3.2RS isn't real high either....I would love one but very happy with the .1 and for the amount I drive it not worth the likely $50K+ it would take to "upgrade"....

Quick Reply: GT2RS For Sale, locally in Scottsdale