Sponsored by:

GT2RS For Sale, locally in Scottsdale

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 05:55 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
That is not what I said .. read the post. I said I have not seen actual ADM more than $100k. That means a new car - not a second hand car. So real ADM to the original buyer. Second hand cars don't have ADM .. they have a price - which can be measured in terms as over MSRP if you like but its misnomer to call it ADM.

Anyone paying $225k over either doesnt care that they are are way over market or has the concept of bragging rights all *** backwards.
Yep nailed it. These flippers can claim to be ASKING whatever they want. $150k over is now not the going rate. Call around, stealers in SoCal are not even asking over $150k ADMs. My buddy just got one at Newport that is the worst and he paid $100k over.

Its the brokers and flippers that are asking these prices that come in here and artificially inflate the SELLING prices to make people think they are getting a good deal at $225k over. I am sure there are a few examples of some stupid money but for the educated over &150k is not the going rate.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:15 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I know one that sold very recently for $175k over

yep

for real
Old 06-30-2018, 08:36 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

i do a lot of owner to owner purchase and sales as well.
i dont take commission
but mostly i just buy them for myself and will pass to friend if they want me to look for cars for them.

Originally Posted by goin2drt

Yep nailed it. These flippers can claim to be ASKING whatever they want. $150k over is now not the going rate. Call around, stealers in SoCal are not even asking over $150k ADMs. My buddy just got one at Newport that is the worst and he paid $100k over.

Its the brokers and flippers that are asking these prices that come in here and artificially inflate the SELLING prices to make people think they are getting a good deal at $225k over. I am sure there are a few examples of some stupid money but for the educated over &150k is not the going rate.
pls pm me for $100adm cars. we are looking for PTS with WP with magnesium wheel deliverable immediately.

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
They can’t be bought for 100 over. If you have one at that I’ll stroke a check today for it. I know of 6 that have sold for 175-225 over over the last few weeks. How do I know? I was a part of four of those sold. I also have two available right now as well. Real cars. On the ground. Ready to go. One is the the car my buddy Dave posted in post #1 here. He came by and saw it.
you know i know
i'll send pic in a bit

]

If that is true they are BS ing you. They don't have buyers at $200k over - the most I have seen is $100k ADM and that car is having a hard time being resold. They will be able to order more and once the ships start hitting our shores and rolling out the cars en mass the bottom will start to fall out just like the 911R did once they could be sold - but in this case it will be worse because there is no limit on production. Anecdotally we are already seeing pressure on 918 pricing as the VIP holds are expiring. Just check the public dealer ads that have been stalled in repetitive ad purgatory for months all hoping for last year's pricing.

Right now there is a bit of a blip because many of the cars that have landed are VIP who will not sell. Wait until Nov/Dec and there will be plenty to buy ... I can already see the ads with fantasy markups ... but then reality will set in the flippers will all rush for the exits.
yes of course the price will drop. but there are many ppl who must have it TODAY. and when i said today i dont mean tmo.

How do you know what anyone actually paid? This thread is full of unsubstantiated price claims. "Many people are saying ..." reminds me of someone.
b/c I JUST PAID IT LAST MONDAY.

Send them my way ... all of those waiting in the wings for 2RS ... I can get them the cars.
we want a few more. what price, option and delivery date? we also want 991.2GT3RS, 991.2GT3 touring

No one is paying that for them. WP depending on miles is $125k to $150k over. Anyone paying more than that is in a real hurry to experience some substantial price depreciation by year's end.
our group bought bought two, and unfortunately a lot than you suggested. yes they will depreciate. but they dont really care. i cringe at the losses they see. for get depreciation. his titling fee a year can buy big mansions in atherton. i only wish my wallet is that fat.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Sad thing is it is not a $520K car ($345 MSRP plus your $175K). I would take 2 3RS's all day long and make one a track car and one a fun car and still have $80K left over. Only my opinion of course after driving one. This car will settle back down to reality quicker than the R did, no doubt in my mind.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:44 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ no doubt about that.
but i am sure you understand there's "worth" and there's "market"
just like the POS house i live in, my offer was 40% over the asking and i was not the high bidder ha.
when it drops to msrp, i might be able to scrape enough coins to get one.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:51 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

500 range it better have a bespoke interior, not Cayman interior. That's pista pricing.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:55 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ pls lmk if u can pass me a 500 pista ;-)
pista aperta could be interesting as well
Old 06-30-2018, 09:12 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ pls lmk if u can pass me a 500 pista ;-)
pista aperta could be interesting as well
In the air now, but tonight I'll pm you the info. Have had a few offered at that. Aperta, haha, gl.

Last edited by nxfedlt1; 07-01-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:27 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
I know one that sold very recently for $175k over

yep

for real
Yes, I know of one that resold for $180K over.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:59 AM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt

Yep!
Old 07-01-2018, 01:14 AM
pors9
Banned

Dude really .. you buy them and pass them off to friends at $500k .. great friend you are. And the mansion owners in Atherton are either VIP's already or they don't need you to order a custom build from a dealer ... need I say more? Some of the biggest and most conservative collectors/buyers I know live in Atherton .. and for sure they are not fools who rush in where others fear to tread. So maybe you think you know them ... but I don't think you really do.

I mean no disrespect ... but this is an ignorant comment in several respects and belies the fact that it makes you appear to be trading in cars for a profit without stepping up to be a paid sponsor ... ' pls pm me for $100adm cars. we are looking for PTS with WP with magnesium wheel deliverable immediately.'

And finally ... what's with RLer's that don't read the posts accurately ... re. the $100k ADM comment?

QUOTE=mooty;15113905]i do a lot of owner to owner purchase and sales as well.
i dont take commission
but mostly i just buy them for myself and will pass to friend if they want me to look for cars for them.

pls pm me for $100adm cars. we are looking for PTS with WP with magnesium wheel deliverable immediately.

you know i know
i'll send pic in a bit

yes of course the price will drop. but there are many ppl who must have it TODAY. and when i said today i dont mean tmo.

we want a few more. what price, option and delivery date? we also want 991.2GT3RS, 991.2GT3 touring

our group bought bought two, and unfortunately a lot than you suggested. yes they will depreciate. but they dont really care. i cringe at the losses they see. for get depreciation. his titling fee a year can buy big mansions in atherton. i only wish my wallet is that fat.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-01-2018, 01:23 AM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

btw you sound like 16 year old punk not someone who was 'part of' - whatever that means - $1m in retail sales in the past few weeks ... just saying you might want to step up on your demeanor
wow. I was going to check out your site and offerings before reading this immature post. No thanks now. Ironic that you are calling someone a 16 year old punk - when thats exactly what you sound like.. and especially saying that about a reliable, contributing rennlister
Old 07-01-2018, 01:27 AM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

You had better get off the sauce tonight...and off rennlist til you sober up. Not boding well for your..ehhh...business

Dude really .. you buy them and pass them off to friends at $500k .. great friend you are. And the mansion owners in Atherton are either VIP's already or they don't need you to order a custom build from a dealer ... need I say more? Some of the biggest and most conservative collectors/buyers I know live in Atherton .. and for sure they are not fools who rush in where others fear to tread. So maybe you think you know them ... but I don't think you really do.

I mean no disrespect ... but this is an ignorant comment in several respects and belies the fact that it makes you appear to be trading in cars for a profit without stepping up to be a paid sponsor ... ' pls pm me for $100adm cars. we are looking for PTS with WP with magnesium wheel deliverable immediately.'

And finally ... what's with RLer's that don't read the posts accurately ... re. the $100k ADM comment?

QUOTE=mooty;15113905]i do a lot of owner to owner purchase and sales as well.
i dont take commission

you know i know
i'll send pic in a bit

our group bought bought two, and unfortunately a lot than you suggested. yes they will depreciate. but they dont really care. i cringe at the losses they see. for get depreciation. his titling fee a year can buy big mansions in atherton. i only wish my wallet is that fat.
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-01-2018, 01:36 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ pors9
sorry, i wasn't clear
the cars i passed to friends range from 997 to 991 GT3 and GT3RS. mostly at MSRP
the crazy ADM cars are cars various drivers in our group choose to buy. i dont pass cars with adm to anyone
i am not a sponsor b/c i dont sell cars for the sake of selling cars
i never said i sell or buy from collectors
most of the cars our group drive are just that, drivers. EX: in 4 weeks two CGT we have one logged 1800 miles one 2100 miles with chips all over. a 4.0 with 15xxx miles
they are not assets or can be resold. they are beat to hell.
not all car guys are collectors, flippers or 918 VIP
if you have GT2RS 100-125k over, we are more than happy to pay the premium. in fact not just me (the end user) but literally every reseller in usa will cut u a check right away.
i never said you dont have cars at the price you suggested. i am simply saying i cannot find them at that price. if you have them, there are many buyers for them. there's no need to argue what is THE price.
if u want to sell them at 100-125 etc, that's great. and i hope u sell all the ones you have.
i happen to find the car i want at a price higher than yours. so be it.
and you do not know anything about me.
how i used my cars.
i buy, drive the **** out of it, over maintained and over detailed then sell for something else.
what my friends buy and how they use their money is they do, i dont tell them what to do.
and yes i sell a lot of cars. but i have never sold a car at more than i paid.

and frankly there are just a handful of ppl who touch more GT2/3RS in USA than i. just b/c i dont talk doesnt mean i dont know ;-)
those are the only platform i like. i dont know anything about any other models.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:52 AM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by 911therapy
You had better get off the sauce tonight...and off rennlist til you sober up. Not boding well for your..ehhh...business

[/QUOTE]

Well good thing I'm not relying on you for any business then - but thanks for your counsel. Sauce? LMK when your post count gets over 128 and then maybe I'll give up drinking altogether. I'll say this for you ... at least unlike @RyanDDWPartners ... who not only brags about his Porsche sales accolades and thereby surreptitiously promotes his independent dealer employer ... but then isn't a paid sponsor ... and even worse is too cheap to even be a paid member ... you are.

Quick Reply: GT2RS For Sale, locally in Scottsdale