Currently sold out ; but, more coming 2019

These things go quickly.

Good luck.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:10 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim137a

Here’s my solution -go where I please and bring my P Car with me.

https://newatlas.com/variomobil-sign...torhome/51209/
I think you win.. and Montana no tax.. genius you are. I'm going to go look up how much one of those mobile home+garage goes for now.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:55 AM
bliq00
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG
In all reality, with cost of shipping car AND having best chance of catching GREAT weather during the winter months you're looking at FL or AZ in my opinion.

I think AZ may be the best option and good car scene too. Phoenix has a lot to do in a concentrated area overall. FL is huge and I hear the driving roads aren't great.

CA will cost more to ship car to and fly too as well. Traffic sucks in many areas too.

Don't think you're looking to track from previous comments.

Worth shipping a car to drive 3-4 times a winter?? Another consideration. You're talking approx $1,200 each way enclosed.
you know, the thing with CA is that you don't actually have to live in SF or LA to enjoy the state, which is huge. I live about 40 miles east where schools are great, low crime, blah blah blah and if I need to go to SF, it's just a 45 min drive (not that I really go into SF much). You can get most of the benefits of living in SF or LA without the drawbacks if you don't actually have to go into the city by living in the burbs. Cheaper/larger housing, better schools, less crime, etc is why i live and work in the east bay area. Some people have to head into the city to work but a lot of posters here seem to be free of the rat race (lucky you) so if you like the state but hate the city, check out towns maybe 30 minutes or so outside the city. I guess you can't escape taxes or politics if that bugs you, but the crime, schools, and real estate is pretty easy to get around. well maybe not real estate so much.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by bliq00
you know, the thing with CA is that you don't actually have to live in SF or LA to enjoy the state, which is huge. I live about 40 miles east where schools are great, low crime, blah blah blah and if I need to go to SF, it's just a 45 min drive (not that I really go into SF much). You can get most of the benefits of living in SF or LA without the drawbacks if you don't actually have to go into the city by living in the burbs. Cheaper/larger housing, better schools, less crime, etc is why i live and work in the east bay area. Some people have to head into the city to work but a lot of posters here seem to be free of the rat race (lucky you) so if you like the state but hate the city, check out towns maybe 30 minutes or so outside the city. I guess you can't escape taxes or politics if that bugs you, but the crime, schools, and real estate is pretty easy to get around. well maybe not real estate so much.
I grew up 15 min outside of Manhattan in NJ( Right over GWB) and now live 15 min outside of Chicago. That is where I prefer to live- not in the City but a 30 min drive when I want to enjoy it.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:35 AM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Scottsdale.

You can store your car here: www.drivers.club
Old 04-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Atlanta. RA and AMP right in the backyard. Sebring a day away. When it's time to bring it home there's that little Smokies event which you might enjoy in April.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

What we are all realizing in our years is that our cars and ourselves need a satellite office. Life is too short to be in one place all year round.

FWIW Florida has no roads and it’s just FLAT.

Austin is very cool ( I’m looking at a warehouse there).

Atlanta traffic where I live is absurd and you live your life around it.

Scottsdale and Sante fe are interesting.

as much as like the vibe in Cali, can’t justify all the $$$.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:53 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 554 Posts

Atlanta can be managed if you live near work like any big city. Northeast suburbs are not bad at all relatively speaking to live. Having a car stored here near the track at Road Atlanta or AMP would work out fine.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:05 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Almost forgot. North Atlanta to VIR is about 6 hours and to Barber around 3 hours. Adds to the North Atlanta plus side.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:06 PM
vtgt
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I second AZ. Outside of 2-3 months of scorching temperatures it’s great. You would have 9 months of great weather to visit and like others have said a lot of petrol heads/activities and variety of roads and things to do.

Not to mention if you want to drive to other places like Cali or Vegas etc. you are only a few hours drive away.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,193 Likes on 575 Posts

I live in So Cal. I moved here for the beach, the weather and the gorgeous women. Knowing what I know about California, if I were living elsewhere in the USA and looking for a second home, I would not even consider buying a second home in California. A million bucks is chump change in the real estate market around the big cities. To get any "value" from a real estate standpoint, you need to head to rural areas. Nothing wrong with rural areas but if you are looking to live near a big city, get ready to write a big check. And that does not even take into account the taxes, the sky high cost of living and the horrific drivers who drive through red lights, text and drive (which is illegal in CA), smoke weed and drive, and are just quite frankly the worst drivers that I have encountered in the USA (I have lived MD, TX, MO, KS, LA, RI, MA, WA and CA). Texas makes a lot of sense because there is no state income tax, lots of open roads, reasonable cost of living and nice people. I also think Scottsdale would be on my short list because it is clean, upscale, it has good roads, a good car culture, the weather is great for 6-8 months of the year and the cost of living is reasonable in comparison to LA, SF or SD. A good problem to have - good luck with your decision!
Old 04-07-2018, 11:23 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,193 Likes on 575 Posts

All of my prior post said, this was my view as I was writing it... For all of California's problems, for a me, as a primary residence, this is worth every penny and every bad driver on the road:
Old 04-07-2018, 11:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

^^ summer rental
Old 04-08-2018, 12:19 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 237 Posts

North Atlanta is also 3 hrs to Charlotte, 3 hrs to Roebling in Savannah and just under 5 to National Corvette Museum in KY... all tons of fun. We have a giant lake and curvy mountain roads nearby.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
...and curvy mountain roads nearby.

Quick Reply: I have had it- "no mas"