Sponsored by:

I have had it- "no mas"

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 03:36 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
All for nothing- Chicago and it's Suburbs is one of the best places to live in the US. I've lived most of my life right outside NYC and lived in Buckhead, ATL for 7 years in the 90s(was fun- 3 women for every 1 male back then)

The only issue w/ Chicago is the freakin 6 months of Winter. No better place to be June thru Oct.

Now- there are far better places for enjoying a sports car- no doubt
Tongue and Groove, Senor Bullfrogs, Uranus, cobalt Room.. head to the Pink Pony to close it the night.. yea buddy Buckhead was rocking until the Ray Lewis stabbing. My girlfriend at the time actually owned the Cobalt Room where it happened, I remember Michael Jordan was hanging there and I was waiting with the regular patrons to get into vip for an autograph... and then it all went a bit crazy...
Old 04-14-2018, 03:45 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

chicago is a great town, (other than winter)

what happened to atlanta in the 90s to skew the female/male ratio to 3-1?

never heard of such a thing.
Do not know it was crazy times. You had the Olympics headed there and the Braves and Falcons were rocking and rolling. Glavine. Maddux, Smoltz were the hit of the South and Buckhead was the place to live. I was 2 years out of college and my Company told me i had a week to get there and I would be selling out of their Atlanta office. I was so naive I had to get out a map to see where Atlanta was. I was 24 years old and single. Some of the Best times I had
Old 04-14-2018, 03:48 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Tongue and Groove, Senor Bullfrogs, Uranus, cobalt Room.. head to the Pink Pony to close it the night.. yea buddy Buckhead was rocking until the Ray Lewis stabbing. My girlfriend at the time actually owned the Cobalt Room where it happened, I remember Michael Jordan was hanging there and I was waiting with the regular patrons to get into vip for an autograph... and then it all went a bit crazy...
Yeh -The Gold Club was a mile from my apartment. But the whole stabbing was sad. It happened a block from my apartment and that morning i was headed to Gold's Gym around 5:30 am and I saw all the police there and then saw all the news right at the Gym
Old 04-14-2018, 04:12 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Do not know it was crazy times. You had the Olympics headed there and the Braves and Falcons were rocking and rolling. Glavine. Maddux, Smoltz were the hit of the South and Buckhead was the place to live. I was 2 years out of college and my Company told me i had a week to get there and I would be selling out of their Atlanta office. I was so naive I had to get out a map to see where Atlanta was. I was 24 years old and single. Some of the Best times I had
So you know why my car hibernates in Atlanta
Old 04-14-2018, 08:49 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 237 Posts

Funny... the Gold Club turned into a church. I spent my single days in the Virginia Highlands area.... stumbling distance to Atkins Park and Dark Horse Tavern.

Major investment just went into renovating the Clermont Lounge where you can still see Blondie crush a beer can between her ****. https://www.clermontlounge.net/

This alone should make OP want to move to ATL.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:24 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Palm beach? Nonstop flights to PBI airport.

Homestead, PBIR, Sebring, Daytona. But roads are boring though.
i have AC secured storage cameras accessible every day.
ill throw in concierge service and your car is always detailed fueled and serviced when you arrive.
And it doesn’t freeze, ever.
Peter has the best idea, but Southern FL Traffic is heavy and slow.
Daytona Beach Area is far more fluid - and lots of interesting events, far lower prices for rentals, restaurants, Condos, etc.
Also lots of local activities, Car Shows, Concpours, Sports Cars, NASCAR, Bike Weeks, Sailing, Parasailing, Boating,
Marinas. We have Ponce Inlet for local Ocean access, Best Beaches in the world, Bahamas & Carribbean Islands for touring,
Amelia concours, Rolex, Great State Parks, Etc - ad infinitum.
I Live in the Spruce Creek Fly-In with 638 other small Planes and Pilots, (largest Fly-In in the world) combining Pilots, Car guys, boaters, & Golf, etc.
See <SCPOA.COM> Hangar space to keep your car would be dirt cheap here. You can buy a boat and live on it very inexpensively
at our local marina during winters, learn to fly and sun yourself on our Beaches - NIRVANA!!!
Call or PM me if you are interested FMI
Spence
Old 04-15-2018, 07:06 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

I wouldn’t consider Colorado. Our roads are boring as hell.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:14 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro

I wouldn’t consider Colorado. Our roads are boring as hell.

LOL. If I wasn’t in SoCal, I’d be in Colorado. My second favorite part of the country.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:36 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Funny... the Gold Club turned into a church. I spent my single days in the Virginia Highlands area.... stumbling distance to Atkins Park and Dark Horse Tavern.

Major investment just went into renovating the Clermont Lounge where you can still see Blondie crush a beer can between her ****. https://www.clermontlounge.net/

This alone should make OP want to move to ATL.
dated a girl who was a bartender at Dark Horse.. lived just down the street!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:55 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

LOL. If I wasn’t in SoCal, I’d be in Colorado. My second favorite part of the country.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:53 PM
BoulderGeek
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most other Californians are here, already.

I haven't seen wage increase since 1999.

Farmland with unrestricted views are turning into generic unoccupied stripmalls. My area now looks no different than Arizona.

After 32 years, I look forward to relocating somewhere else. But most places in the US suck even more. Maybe South America.

Quick Reply: I have had it- "no mas"