Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS now officially $12,830 and could go up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 04:30 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
$13 to have what you want? Still seems cheap.
$13 to potentially have a 1 of 1 car? Still seems cheap.
Pick the right color.
Why does this stuff always have to make sense to the Rennlist brain trust? It only needs to make sense to the guy/gal buying the product.
Another +1
Old 08-03-2017, 04:43 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
It is a nightmare as we never know if the order will be accepted even if the PTS window is open. One order of mine, an Aetna Blue Targa took 18 months to build....not fun for anyone.
Brett, what do you think this is dependent on?.. it doesn't seem to be a purely technical issue as VIP's get their cars confirmed very quickly. Do you think there is a forced or built-in hierarchy into the whole process?
Old 08-03-2017, 04:53 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

It is a nightmare as we never know if the order will be accepted even if the PTS window is open. One order of mine, an Aetna Blue Targa took 18 months to build....not fun for anyone.
Understood, but someone ordering PTS would have some understanding of the process. Delivery dates are no guarantees, and since you don't build the cars, there should be no great responsibility on your part for delays.

Having said that, 18 months would certainly fall into a very unusual situation. Once the PTS window is open, any delays typically are only a few weeks.

I hope you are sensitive to the impression that you don't want this business. You might want to clear that up.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:07 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Ferrari standard paint is crap, I saw a new Superamerica in black gloss with paint peeling on a fender edge, poor prep would be the first guess.
The owner made the dealer fix it before taking delivery
You know that Superamerica's were produced in 2005 - right?

That Superamerica is now worth double msrp triple if manual.

Agree as I would not buy a standard paint Ferrari but would pay extra for non standard as it is done outside the factory and they install the panels fitment is much better.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:07 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,376 Likes on 835 Posts

That has to be an exception. Why paint the devil? What about how many success stories you had with PTS? This is RL after all and members on here are critical.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:09 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
That has to be an exception. Why paint the devil? What about how many success stories you had with PTS? This is RL after all and members on here are critical.
You mean like the PTS cars that dealers order for themselves to put on the floor and sell to the highest bidder? Oh yeah, that nightmare.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:29 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Still half of what Ferrari charges
but all special PTS paint is work is sent out of Ferrari factory to Zanasi and the work is far superior

What Ferrari Out of Range Paint costs under the $12k that Porsche Charged?
I dropped $24k on Fuji Bianco...perhaps they like to charge me more?
My FF is Fuoco 24k and 16M Grigio Ferro 14k 50 - 60's color my 458 Speciale did not come with an entire sticker breakdown but I believe it was 6500.00 paint cost I will add a few pics it reminds me of my old MP4-12C that was 5500.00. Ordering the new 488 GTO so I don't know the newest price almost changed it to the GT2RS but this PTS debacle and 350k for the W package has really made me think twice if I get a 2RS slot dumping the GT3RS. SV Roadster Blu Sideris was 14k for triple layer and it's by far the best paint I have ever seen.

It's also not if you will receive your requested color - they take the order during production send it out to a shop who then applies a much better level of skills panel fitment and you don't need to spend 2500 on paint correction.

It's not my money everyone can do as they wish but I think the rational around here is sort of nuts the cool part about this section was seeing people drive their cars now this so called 13K PTS cars are going to be feather dusted flipped etc.

Anyway it's not 1/2 your Ferrari paint is not a one stage paint completely different scenario.
Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2017, 05:35 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
My FF is Fuoco 24k and 16M Grigio Ferro 14k 50 - 60's color my 458 Speciale did not come with a sticker but I believe it was 6500.00 paint cost I will add a few pics it reminds me of my old MP4-12C that was 5500.00. Ordering the new 488 GTO so I don't know the newest price almost changed it to the GT2RS but this PTS debacle and 350k for the W package has really made me think twice if I get a 2RS slot dumping the GT3RS.

It's also not if you will receive your requested color - they take the order during production send it out to a shop who then applies a much better level of skills panel fitment and you don't need to spend 2500 on paint correction.

It's not my money everyone can do as they wish but I think the rational around here is sort of nuts the cool part about this section was seeing people drive their cars now this so called 13K PTS cars are going to be feather dusted flipped etc.
I believe you said earlier you bought one Porsche in the last 10 years and it was a 3RS from eBay. What Porsche dealer on the planet would sell you a GT2RS? Unless you mean with a six figure ADM...
Old 08-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Brett, what do you think this is dependent on?.. it doesn't seem to be a purely technical issue as VIP's get their cars confirmed very quickly. Do you think there is a forced or built-in hierarchy into the whole process?
It seems to be random at times which is the main issue. If I am ordering a sweet PTS for stock and it takes a while to get here that is not an issue.....unless the delay lasts 5+ months and now the 2017 order arrives when the 2018 models are here...The issue I have is there is not enough consistency in the PTS process, not the awesome color options. That is why I suggested a Heritage color palette with a few yearly change out colors. These could be ordered at any time with no windows waiting to open up which is the critical part of the process...

I have a few GT3 orders only wanting PTS which is not yet live in my internal system as of today. So these folks are going to run the gauntlet with me to see if I can get an allocation next month for their GT3 in time to coincide with the PTS window opening. In my 5 years here I have managed exactly 1 PTS Boxster Spyder... no GT3, GT3RS, or Cayman GT4 as yet.

The Aetna Blue Targa I mentioned was approved for PTS and then kicked out...then approved again only to be kicked out a second time once it was V210...very frustrating for the client and myself. He ordered a 2014 and got a 2016.

I love PTS colors, but I do not love the process. That's why I would like a major change to the way Porsche does PTS. An obvious solution would be to build more capacity if possible at the plants to do it. If that is not possible then raising the price and decreasing demand makes some sense. I just ordered 2 2018 PTS Panamera's with no issue(so far). I especially look forward to seeing the Grigio Telesto Metallic Panamera Turbo when she arrives here next year.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:52 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,376 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
My FF is Fuoco 24k and 16M Grigio Ferro 14k 50 - 60's color my 458 Speciale did not come with an entire sticker breakdown but I believe it was 6500.00 paint cost I will add a few pics it reminds me of my old MP4-12C that was 5500.00. Ordering the new 488 GTO so I don't know the newest price almost changed it to the GT2RS but this PTS debacle and 350k for the W package has really made me think twice if I get a 2RS slot dumping the GT3RS. SV Roadster Blu Sideris was 14k for triple layer and it's by far the best paint I have ever seen.

Anyway it's not 1/2 your Ferrari paint is not a one stage paint completely different scenario.

You know that your posts would be a lot easier to read if you paid more attention to punctuation. No flame, just a thought. I know you can't get away with that in the business world.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpinon
Understood, but someone ordering PTS would have some understanding of the process. Delivery dates are no guarantees, and since you don't build the cars, there should be no great responsibility on your part for delays.

Having said that, 18 months would certainly fall into a very unusual situation. Once the PTS window is open, any delays typically are only a few weeks.

I hope you are sensitive to the impression that you don't want this business. You might want to clear that up.
Agreed the 18 month wait was extreme...but I have not received a PTS in less than 8 months from date of order and most average 1 year from ordering. That's why I think the Heritage idea makes sense to order at any time and to receive a car within the usual 3-5 month window. As for the impression I don't want the PTS business it is the opposite...until they change the process it doesn't want me.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:23 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Well, while it's outrageous, I guess the good news is we will likely see a lot less "base" level cars with PTS which will make the nice GT car with it more unique
Old 08-03-2017, 06:24 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Agreed the 18 month wait was extreme...but I have not received a PTS in less than 8 months from date of order and most average 1 year from ordering. That's why I think the Heritage idea makes sense to order at any time and to receive a car within the usual 3-5 month window. As for the impression I don't want the PTS business it is the opposite...until they change the process it doesn't want me.
Thanks for your candor. It is insightful from a salesman's point of view how the PTS process works. It seems your frustration with the process is the unpredictability of delivery to your customers, which shows ownership.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:27 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I think you need an understanding Porsche customer (this may be an oxymoron) willing to wait and take the chance that, best case, it is a lengthy delay, and worst case it is a delay and you don't get what you ordered or you get no vehicle. My dealer has ordered and received some PTS, but is not one of the dealers that seem to do a lot of them. Add in the layer of a GT car and I can see the issues which is why I am not opposed to ADM. Money cannon deployed.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:28 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpinon
Thanks for your candor. It is insightful from a salesman's point of view how the PTS process works. It seems your frustration with the process is the unpredictability of delivery to your customers, which shows ownership.
But how does raising the price impact the process? Having 2000 people asking for 1000 slots vs 2500 requests will do zero to alter the process. This is just Porsche cashing in, which is their right, but enough with the claims that this is with benevolent intent.

Quick Reply: PTS now officially $12,830 and could go up!