Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS now officially $12,830 and could go up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 01:03 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
I don't think enough is made of the dealer relationship. For some of us it didn't take weeks of searching eBay. Dealer calls and says your PTS GT3RS is ready to spec, come in whenever you want. Same goes for everything else you want.

If you cherry pick and just want the HOT stuff, and buy every car from a different dealer, you will have to work hard, pay more and find cars yourself.

Dont get me wrong, it's probably cheaper to cherry pick but if you want a premium experience you have to earn it.
Cherry pick - it's a GT3 hardly something everyone can't get I was offered one and decided against it. I was #20 on the list dealer was going to take a deposit because they felt they were getting that many allocations. Experience for a GT3 vs a Lamborghini SV Roadster Ferrari Limited Edition Viper ACR Mclaren but to state a GT3 or GT3RS is a bespoke limited edition that has Porsche doubling PTS ( out of range paint) is something that is just not true let alone hot. Ferrari leads the entire market for cars that are hot and those dealers do not get dealer allocations or charge a .10 over msrp delaers on average receive 50 allocations total Porsche dealers will receive 20 - 40 GT3's alone.

Bought a GT3RS fun NA Voo Doo and before that a Carrera GT and owned other Porsches but it's been 10 years - easy for you is not easy for others and I don't think a GT3 has the panache to pull this off perhaps short term but we all know how a many grab ends this is a slippery slope imagine how the prior GT3 owners feel history repeats itself.

I understand you got a call and PTS in Porsche terms from the outside looking in I just don't see it and that's my .02
Old 08-03-2017, 01:11 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I would bet good money there will still be plenty of people lining up for PTS cars.....and fairly certain that any PTS "slots" will all get filled.....just my $.02
Old 08-03-2017, 01:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I would bet good money there will still be plenty of people lining up for PTS cars.....and fairly certain that any PTS "slots" will all get filled.....just my $.02

Exactly. They're just trying to shake off some of the low-lying fruit on the tree.

They may lose 20% of people who may have been interested, but still have double the amount of demand that they have capacity for.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:28 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
So a nicely to high optioned .2 GT3 with PTS will be about a 991RS price, no? I'll take the RS.
Suspect the new 991.2RS will have a "enhanced" new price point -
beyond the past historical spread.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:37 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,024 Likes on 2,293 Posts

Some of you same guys who like giving me grief about bashing stealers and their their ADMs and games are the same ones moaning about the high PTS cost...too funny. Who cares...if you want PTS just be ready to pay but it's still going to be the luck of the draw and if you don't fine just pick a non-PTS color....not hard people. Guess I'm channeling my "Mooty" a bit.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CHADW
I don't think enough is made of the dealer relationship. For some of us it didn't take weeks of searching eBay. Dealer calls and says your PTS GT3RS is ready to spec, come in whenever you want. Same goes for everything else you want.

If you cherry pick and just want the HOT stuff, and buy every car from a different dealer, you will have to work hard, pay more and find cars yourself.

Dont get me wrong, it's probably cheaper to cherry pick but if you want a premium experience you have to earn it.
Easy said then done, no one was born with a Porsche dealer relationship. Besides, there have been several stories about folks who have bought many cars from their local dealer only to be given the middle finger asking for an ADM because their dealer has morphed into a stealer with $$$ in their head. The number of good guy dealers continues to shrink every year unfortunately but hey if you have a relationship with a good guy dealer then you should consider yourself fortunate.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brake dust
Suspect the new 991.2RS will have a "enhanced" new price point -
beyond the past historical spread.
I wonder if they go higher on PTS pricing for the .2GT3RS and .2GT2RS.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:53 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Bad analogy. In that instance, you know the price is $55 when you look at the menu. You can decide to buy or not.

In this case, those of us who asked for PTS were not told a price up front. We assumed (possibly incorrectly) that it was a $6960 option like it is on all other 911's. In a rational world, that assumption would make sense. Then there are orders showing a $9270 price, followed by orders showing a $12,830 price. No one knows the actual price.

All the frustration and hysteria could have been avoided if Porsche simply told us the price up front. Then it would be easy to decide - buy or pass.
I actually think your assumption is rational. It is rational to think that PTS is 7K, a 27% increase over last time and the same price as a 911.

Last edited by mass27; 08-27-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:05 PM
C-gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so if you have a gt3 that's almost $200k, or north of $180k, are you gonna track it?
i already see less than normal gt cars on track the last few years.
the reason i sold my 997.2 RS was i was getting uncomfortable pushing the car on track.
even with paying for extra insurance it is still getting pricey.
im lost on this one.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:13 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Ferrari leads the entire market for cars that are hot and those dealers do not get dealer allocations or charge a .10 over msrp delaers on average receive 50 allocations total Porsche dealers will receive 20 - 40 GT3's alone.
Only in select markets. In the smaller ones they are lucky to maybe get 2 if that many.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:22 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Easy said then done, no one was born with a Porsche dealer relationship. Besides, there have been several stories about folks who have bought many cars from their local dealer only to be given the middle finger asking for an ADM because their dealer has morphed into a stealer with $$$ in their head. The number of good guy dealers continues to shrink every year unfortunately but hey if you have a relationship with a good guy dealer then you should consider yourself fortunate.
I do, but I had to fight for this one!

Originally Posted by C-gt3
so if you have a gt3 that's almost $200k, or north of $180k, are you gonna track it?
the reason i sold my 997.2 RS was i was getting uncomfortable pushing the car on track.
im lost on this one.
No track for my street cars. Having a race car is way cheaper in the long run. 1) It doesn't loose value because you track it! 2) A wreck is not a financial disaster (cheap fiberglass, and even cheaper parts) 3) I can actually race wheel to wheel. 4) Cost per weekend is like maybe 25% higher than tracking Porsche GT cars with insurance-not factoring in diminished value if you actually have a track incident and lost value because you tracked it.

This is my logic, enjoy street cars on the street and race cars on the track. So, yes no track for this GT3!
Old 08-03-2017, 02:30 PM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C-gt3
im lost on this one.

Lol for the first time in my life I'm actually considering a stripper as possible.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:30 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with your sentiment on "stealerships." Its criminal the dealers that charge a 20 year super customer an ADM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:33 PM
CHADW
Racer

Some of you same guys who like giving me grief about bashing stealers and their their ADMs and games are the same ones moaning about the high PTS cost...too funny. Who cares...if you want PTS just be ready to pay but it's still going to be the luck of the draw and if you don't fine just pick a non-PTS color....not hard people. Guess I'm channeling my "Mooty" a bit.
Also a little funny you are so vocal about ADMs but are ok with doubling PTS...

To be clear, I'm also ok with 13k PTS. It's getting too common and still a deal compared to the competition.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:36 PM
CHADW
Racer

I wonder if they go higher on PTS pricing for the .2GT3RS and .2GT2RS.
Absolutely. They have shown us the pricing is demand driven. Carrera<Turbo<GT3<GT3RS <GT2RS <918

Quick Reply: PTS now officially $12,830 and could go up!