Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS now officially $12,830 and could go up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 08:25 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

IMHO that is just stupid. Why sell to someone who dropped off $1k-$2500 deposit? Maybe I will just put deposits everywhere (which I suppose what is happening). Take the ADM or sell to good customers but some random person? Do you even impose a local customer preference? I really want to use my local dealer and will buy at least one car from them, but I want a GT3 and I have never had such an issue with people taking my money.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Is it beneficial for a dealer for me to do euro (or atl) over Us delivery or not? My importer could pick up the car and ship it to me and I don't care about the delay if euro is some benefit to the dealer.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:02 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Is it beneficial for a dealer for me to do euro (or atl) over Us delivery or not? My importer could pick up the car and ship it to me and I don't care about the delay if euro is some benefit to the dealer.
The dealer has to pay a fee but gets another car, outside of his normal allocation, to sell to make up for it and then some.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:06 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
The new GT2RS will now potentially be an even tougher car to buy at sticker as Porsche has reduced the profit margin for us which is not ideal. This simply promotes ADM on this already hard to get car....
The car practically sells itself based on all the reports on here. It doesn't sit in inventory, doesn't cost you floor space, etc. You lose a few grand on the normal 10% margin and you whine.

Seriously!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:13 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

So if I take euro delivery on a GT3 they get another GT3? My importer can move any car anywhere in the world (Europe is easy, try Africa) so I would do that if it helps my dealer.

BTW for all your 25 plus year old import needs (or just getting something from a to b anywhere in the world at reasonable cost):

http://dividingcreekimports.com

Old school, one of the smartest guys I know, had a 965 new for the pcar street cred (no affiliation other than happy customer and decade plus friend).
Old 08-04-2017, 09:25 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Normally PCNA would try and give you an equivalent car. In the case of limited production models like GT cars there won't be a 1 for 1. They would probably get you another 911 allocation.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
The car practically sells itself based on all the reports on here. It doesn't sit in inventory, doesn't cost you floor space, etc. You lose a few grand on the normal 10% margin and you whine.

Seriously!
I think you misread what I wrote...It is not ideal to reduce the profit on a car that we may get exactly 1 of if we are lucky....We are selling any GT2RS we get at MSRP...not sure about any other dealers out there when they have reduced the profit to a Turbo S Cab on a $350,000 car. My guess is some dealers will try to recoup that lost money and then some with ADM. $10,000 less front end profit is not exactly a few grand btw...
Old 08-04-2017, 09:34 PM
C-gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who is tracking this latest car?
this car just moved away from the guy that really wants to buy it, drive it, and show it off.
there should be an allocation put aside for the guys that actually drive these cars for fun!!!!!
we are at the top!
20 track days a year, first up.
Build two cars.... cars n starbucks, n cars n drivers
there is a sour taste building in this. and money has nothing to do with it.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
So if I take euro delivery on a GT3 they get another GT3? My importer can move any car anywhere in the world (Europe is easy, try Africa) so I would do that if it helps my dealer.

BTW for all your 25 plus year old import needs (or just getting something from a to b anywhere in the world at reasonable cost):

http://dividingcreekimports.com

Old school, one of the smartest guys I know, had a 965 new for the pcar street cred (no affiliation other than happy customer and decade plus friend).
Euro delivery is a great thing for the owners of dealerships as it can increase the allocations quickly as we get an on top slot. We do get charged for the privilege which means a lot of salesman are not big fans as it takes more time and costs money out of our pocket. I am a big fan of the Euro delivery program and actively promote it to my clients. We do not ever get a GT car back as an on top allocation but typically a GTS or Turbo model.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:47 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
I think you misread what I wrote...It is not ideal to reduce the profit on a car that we may get exactly 1 of if we are lucky....We are selling any GT2RS we get at MSRP...not sure about any other dealers out there when they have reduced the profit to a Turbo S Cab on a $350,000 car. My guess is some dealers will try to recoup that lost money and then some with ADM. $10,000 less front end profit is not exactly a few grand btw...
Turbo S Cab profit or nothing. You take your pick. On a car that has a deposit that the dealership is using without interest to the one who made it.
Or are we discussing the loss of a few hundred bucks commission for the salesperson on record. In that case that is a career choice made by that individual and should not be blamed on the OEM or customer.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:58 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Turbo S Cab profit or nothing. You take your pick. On a car that has a deposit that the dealership is using without interest to the one who made it.
Or are we discussing the loss of a few hundred bucks commission for the salesperson on record. In that case that is a career choice made by that individual and should not be blamed on the OEM or customer.

Kind of silly Porsche essentially capped gross profit for dealers so a 250, 300 or 350k sale has the same GP. To me, dealers should participate during good times and on good products. I agree that if you hold them back too much, even the best of them will be tempted to adm.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:13 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I will ask my dealer re: Euro delivery. I suppose there is no reason I just can't have my agent (uncle Doug of dividing creek) put it on transporter to take whereever. He got one of my land rovers out of a field in Wales and I know he has gotten vehicles out of African war zones.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,079 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Not sure why you guys are giving Brett a hard time, he and his dealership are one of the good guys. Focus on your whining on stealers...like I do.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:05 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Not sure why you guys are giving Brett a hard time, he and his dealership are one of the good guys. Focus on your whining on stealers...like I do.
Bingo... to have that kind of candor on this forum is incredibly valuable.. almost Chausoul-esque.... play nice or he could disappear also.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:14 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,024 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Bingo... to have that kind of candor on this forum is incredibly valuable.. almost Chausoul-esque.... play nice or he could disappear also.
I don't believe that's Brett anymore ...

Quick Reply: PTS now officially $12,830 and could go up!