Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 05:56 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving
I was quoted 5500 Euro get the straps....so 1000 Euro I would have done! Friend checked as well, quoted the same 5500 Euro.
sorry guys - got the wrong price from my annoyingly long CXX sheet - was $5k (a bit more at the time thanks to the wonderful world of fx) - the 5k eur is the number i had heard being mentioned in the past and a few of my friends in Europe the same...i have heard the importer process means the prices vary vastly! sorry for getting anyones hopes up - serves me right for trying to get numbers off my iPhone!
Old 03-20-2018, 03:15 AM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cormid
Apparently numerous touring model PTS cars have been delayed. I got pushed back again. Original lock date was July 2017 with November 2017 delivery. Then with PTS delays it moved to March 2018 build. Now its a June 2018 build with August 2018 Delivery. who knows...
Just received the same dreaded update from my SA. Was a March Build with June Delivery now a June build with an August Delivery - missing summer
Not much CXX - but PTS (22L) Touring - don't know if that is the reason (the PTS part not the touring part)
At least it is coming to San Diego where we can drive our babies almost all year round.

Now I'm actually contemplating ED as we are due to be in Europe at the end of June anyway - before it was going to push my delivery back 2.5 months
Old 03-20-2018, 08:41 AM
sansan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Argh. Went from April to May to June to July. Yesterday I was told September! They didn’t even have the courtesy of giving me August first to complete the months...

Oh well. First world problems. Who knows if they will surprise me sometime and the car will actually be built.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:52 AM
UT911GTS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-20-2018, 10:53 AM
UT911GTS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-20-2018, 02:39 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Still in the fight for my PTS build. I just checked with PCNA my build date was 03/23 and is now 03/29. Thought it was odd that PCNA told me production is on a Thursday. I was under the impression build dates were always given out on a Friday. Let's see what happens on the new build date of 03/29.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:12 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sansan
Argh. Went from April to May to June to July. Yesterday I was told September! They didn’t even have the courtesy of giving me August first to complete the months...

Oh well. First world problems. Who knows if they will surprise me sometime and the car will actually be built.
Are you a PTS Touring or Winged GT3
Old 03-21-2018, 04:18 AM
sansan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKid
Are you a PTS Touring or Winged GT3
Winged
Old 03-21-2018, 10:59 AM
NJRickD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Killsbugsfast,

Porsche Exclusive was able to give you RS style cloth door pulls on your GT3? How much did they charge for that?
Didn't even think of that. Would have done it for sure
Old 03-21-2018, 02:06 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sansan

Me too!
Old 03-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Throttlesteerer
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gulfblue GT3 Touring

After a way too long wait during which I tried to emptyread the interweb about the subject, I finally picked up my car today at the factory.

This forum supplied some useful info here and there in the process, as well as providing interesting pics of builts already delivered.
So I thought I post some pics of mine and elaborate on my order tactics to feed the system back a bit...

After already having owned 3 GT cars during the last 14 years, I was not interested in another winged car as I stopped tracking and racing (997 cup) a while ago.
But when I was sniffing the Touring around the corner before the announcement,
I thought this is absolutely the right occasion/car to realize my long grown urge to someday built a special PTS 911 for me to use as a street driver.

I was afraid that there would be a big hype about the Touring and wanted my homeworks to be done before a huge crowd of
„non GT People“ come in for the car (R hype) and make it hard to get one.
Well, this anticipation actually never materialized in the extend that I thought it would, but I wanted to play it safe.

So in August I got myself a February PTS allocation for a winged car,
as I (rightfully) thought Touring versions would go via a normal GT3 allocations and not via extra Touring ones.
After the Touring was announced in Sept there was no PTS possible for it.
In (an educated) anticipation of PTS to be possible for Tourings at a later date,
I decided to not directly switch from PTS-Wing to nonPTS-Touring and then having to re-apply for PTS later with questionable outcome.
I thought it was safer to wait and switch from PTS-Wing to PTS-Touring when this possibility opens up.
Then I changed my February allocation to a March one to be a bit safer time wise in regards of future PTS availability.

Obviously this limbo was nerve wrecking at times, but thankfully this tactic played out when PTS actually became available for the Touring.
During this time I prepared the 3 little CXX options with the Exclusive Dept. that were applied to my order when the change to Touring built was done.
From then on (think it was November) it was „just“ waiting.

Reading from delays of other PTS builts, stop sale PTS and people with confirmed PTS orders being PTS-cancelled did not make this waiting time any more comfortable.

As far as color goes, I was after a classic non metallic faded/washed out blue. Aetna, Meissen and Gulf were the candidates.
Aetna ended up being to dark after seeing it live on a new car. Meissen is very cool too, but was afraid of it being too light and colorless.
Not caring about the blue/orange theme at all, I never the less decided for gulfblue as the tone was just right.
I always LOVED those IROC Porsches from ´73/´74 and gulfblue was part of the color palette.
The color was a special order color in the early 70s and the Touring name and the special Touring seat fabric also points to that time.
So it makes perfect sense. Right?

Keeper is faster said than done, but that is definitely the plan here.
This model represents quintessential Porsche attributes to me and is not being bought as an up to date performance car,
but rather (in view of further developments) as a classic recipe drivers car in a (its?) technological high state.

Well, what can I say. Wait time is over. I ended up with exactly what I wanted and received it on time without any delays other than my own safety move from Feb to March.
Seems like that move was just right as my car seems to be a real early one as it is the first PTS Touring to emerge on the web (no Feb PTS Touring built dates out there?).
Hard to believe this, as there always is another sckr that gets his before you. Seems for once I am that sckr now

Enjoy the pics...

Old 03-21-2018, 05:53 PM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Gorgeous Throttlesteerer!

What a spec! No Chrono, black doorsills - very subtle!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:07 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Nice story and congratulations on a beautiful car.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:28 PM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Gulf is terrific. Classic.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 574 Posts

Gorgeous car - congrats!

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order