Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Montoya for the update.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:38 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ no, my changes from last year was done by germany not my dealer. still had schedule impact
my 991.1RS, all the changes were made by germany not by dealer, and that car, each change caused a predictable 2 week push back.
the 991.2RS delays are much more perplexing.
i dont mind the delay but would like to learn of the reason, so next time "we" can some "some vague" understanding of the "system"
this is very soup ****... maybe PAG loves that, that's why soup **** seinfeld gets good cars?
Well, do you think it's possible for PCNA to contact PAG and say 'Listen, here's the commission number of this PTS order that's in V215, IF we were to request the following change, can you tell us what the scheduling impact would be?' Or even PAG doesn't know how the system will reorganize the build date before they actually put the request in? My sense is that someone in Germany must have the ability to determine what impact the change would have and/or have the authority to manipulate it manually.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:08 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
'Listen, here's the Commission number...
...Or even PAG doesn't know ...?

...My sense is that someone in Germany must have the ability to determine what ......

L O L best post of the year

you got it! they don t know neither what they are doing today go figure to understand the impact of this or that detail
Old 04-08-2018, 12:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Well, do you think it's possible for PCNA to contact PAG and say 'Listen, here's the commission number of this PTS order that's in V215, IF we were to request the following change, can you tell us what the scheduling impact would be?' Or even PAG doesn't know how the system will reorganize the build date before they actually put the request in? My sense is that someone in Germany must have the ability to determine what impact the change would have and/or have the authority to manipulate it manually.
iam sure it's possible. but i do not understand german culture.
do not know which botton to push
i have some tools
violence
threats
physical torture
mental torture
mind games
tell your wife you are sleeping around
i use them very effectively throughout my career
but not sure which of those weapons work with the germans.
and i am being very serious about above comment.

so... i can only wait...
and wait...
my hair is turning gray as we speak
Old 04-08-2018, 01:44 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
Andre, you can mark me as delivered. The 8 month wait is over. Sat wart is painted glass black. Totally in love with the Viper.

Well done
Old 04-08-2018, 01:52 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
iam sure it's possible. but i do not understand german culture.
do not know which botton to push
i have some tools
violence
threats
physical torture
mental torture
mind games
tell your wife you are sleeping around
i use them very effectively throughout my career
but not sure which of those weapons work with the germans.
and i am being very serious about above comment.

so... i can only wait...
and wait...
my hair is turning gray as we speak
Better gray than losing it
Old 04-08-2018, 02:12 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Better gray than losing it
The hair or the mind?.. I think Porsche helps with both
Old 04-08-2018, 05:31 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
The hair or the mind?.. I think Porsche helps with both
lol
i lost the mind a long time ago
Old 04-08-2018, 10:03 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Color - olive green
CXX options - houndstooth 18 ways and Porsche logo/emblem and stripe on both doors/side panels
Delivery location - my dealer
Gearbox - Manual
Delivery was previously scheduled for 6/18 and now pushed to 9/18
Current V215

Last edited by F1tifosi; 04-09-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:51 AM
AmadeusGT3
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Soulsea asks a reasonable question - “shouldn’t someone at Stuttgart know the lead time for certain options and the impact to final delivery date?” I believe the answer is “yes they have the data” and that some of us on this forum may give Porsche AG too little credit. Some may not be aware but PAG have a division callled Porsche Consulting which is one of the most capable and highly respected Operatons Comsulting firms in the world. Those not familiar should check out this link https://www.porsche-consulting.com/us-en/home/. They help companies address supply chain issues far more complex than anything we could impose upon Stuttgart. While I believe it may be poor customer service policy and dislike it as much as anyone on this forum I believe on relatively low volume and potentially highly customized cars such as ours PAG find it in their best interest to intentionally not share the data nor make commitments to end customers. This may allow some internal production flexibility especially in managing demand for in-coming sub components, final order scheduling or sequencing. This flexibility is needed in light of the degree to which PAG is willing to produce a truly bespoke vehicle - something few other manufacturers are willing to do.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Thanks Montoya for the update.
Originally Posted by AmadeusGT3
Soulsea, In early February my order was at V215 with late April planned production. I requested custom tailoring on my 18-way seats (full leather centers in place of Alcantara) as well as full leather cover for center storage compartment. I was assured that PTS was not at risk by Atlanta PEC team but dates were not certain. Changes were accepted but production date pushed out to mid June with August delivery.

My dealer since told me I was lucky - his other GT3 PTS orders, without changes, have pushed out significantly later and in one recent case a long term PTS order was cancelled by PAG. Don’t know it’s V-status.

Knowing what I do now regarding PTS being in a state of flux and delivery uncertainty I would have not risked these changes.

Montoya, on the next update please push my date from April to June.
Originally Posted by F1tifosi
Color - olive green
CXX options - houndstooth 18 ways and Porsche logo/emblem and stripe on both doors/side panels
PDK
Current V215
Thank-you everyone- I will update as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by AmadeusGT3
Soulsea asks a reasonable question - “shouldn’t someone at Stuttgart know the lead time for certain options and the impact to final delivery date?” I believe the answer is “yes they have the data” and that some of us on this forum may give Porsche AG too little credit. Some may not be aware but PAG have a division callled Porsche Consulting which is one of the most capable and highly respected Operatons Comsulting firms in the world. Those not familiar should check out this link https://www.porsche-consulting.com/us-en/home/. They help companies address supply chain issues far more complex than anything we could impose upon Stuttgart. While I believe it may be poor customer service policy and dislike it as much as anyone on this forum I believe on relatively low volume and potentially highly customized cars such as ours PAG find it in their best interest to intentionally not share the data nor make commitments to end customers. This may allow some internal production flexibility especially in managing demand for in-coming sub components, final order scheduling or sequencing. This flexibility is needed in light of the degree to which PAG is willing to produce a truly bespoke vehicle - something few other manufacturers are willing to do.
Well, if you have ever dealt with SAP or any of the other manufacturing system software packages in a large global company, you will understand why there is nobody who can answer with certainty where an order will land with a small change. The software is juggling so many variables that you don't know until the button is pushed for the change. As much as these companies like Oracle and SAP like to brag about how flexible it makes your operations, the truth is you become a slave to it. This is why Exclusive takes parts out of the car after production- it's much easier to have the car go through the line with standard parts rather than try to schedule in the exclusive options.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:37 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 238 Posts

WOW ^^^^That Viper!
Latest screenshot from my SA...6mt PTS in Oak Green Metallic....still Sept.
Attachment 1351017
Old 04-08-2018, 01:52 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 311 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by F1tifosi
Color - olive green
PDK
Current V215
Porsche is using a Rubik's Cube to schedule these cars. My PTS car (no CXX) had similar scheduling. Your Sept. date will no doubt be updated (mine was Sept. delivery briefly until it moved back into late August).

Old 04-08-2018, 02:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 768 Posts

What’s PTS now? 12K?

Why not save yourself the brain damage and money and Vinyl wrap covered by clear?

Easier to schedule ED and you can change your mind and redo.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:19 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
What’s PTS now? 12K?

Why not save yourself the brain damage and money and Vinyl wrap covered by clear?

Easier to schedule ED and you can change your mind and redo.
Brain damage? Sounds dramatic. Car will get here when it gets here...no biggie and easily worth the wait.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order