Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture of your daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020 | 01:16 AM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by horns
Is that a Tribute Edition or a custom color blue? Looks like Nogaro. I saw a TE at my dealer before they delivered it. The color was amazing on that car.
Yup, it is one of the 25 (technically 23 as AofA has kept 2 for itself) Tribute editions in Nogaro Blue, incidentally next to the very car it pays 'tribute' to:

@signes Definitely love the car, but don't expect her to raise the hair on the back of your neck (caveat - still in break-in so have been taking it fairly easy). It is a GT experience (grand tourer, not the GTs discussed herein ). Can use more sound both within the cabin and exterior to transmit a bit more visceral-ness to the driver, as some of that appears 'filtered' out. Easily rectifiable with the myriad of exhaust options out there. Power is aplenty, though am genuinely intrigued with the MTM piggy back (very warranty friendly), or the Eurocharged (Canada) Stage I ECU remap tune, which just dynoed at 690awhp / 730wtq on pump gas (576awhp / 605awtq stock). That's the tune they had on the Throttle House comparo against the E63S Wagon, so you can see the massive delta in real-world terms on the pre- and post- drag race results. For a (near-) daily driver in all-season climate - I could not ask for anything more.

Here she is with the winter wheel/tire setup, full PPF from head to toe, 35% tint all around (15% on front windshield), and debadge (though in this color + overall design she doesn't fly too low on the radar screen from what I can gather). Pardon the 'SUV height', she was at highest setting here for ease of detailing access. I'll have my Audi tech lower here an additional 15-22mm through ODIS when I do the first oil change in a few weeks (simple procedure, and interestingly enough you cannot lower the RS6 from the on-board computer to the level you can the RS7 - seems Audi decided this is a wagon and should not sit that low...)

The following 3 users liked this post by Dr. Ferdinand:
007DT (12-23-2020), JesseRohr (12-23-2020), signes (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020 | 09:48 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

new DD

Old 12-23-2020 | 11:29 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

New DD. RSQ8 en route. Torn between that and RS6. I’m all over the place. But I do love this thing so far.
Old 12-23-2020 | 12:12 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Yup, it is one of the 25 (technically 23 as AofA has kept 2 for itself) Tribute editions in Nogaro Blue, incidentally next to the very car it pays 'tribute' to:

@signes Definitely love the car, but don't expect her to raise the hair on the back of your neck (caveat - still in break-in so have been taking it fairly easy). It is a GT experience (grand tourer, not the GTs discussed herein ). Can use more sound both within the cabin and exterior to transmit a bit more visceral-ness to the driver, as some of that appears 'filtered' out. Easily rectifiable with the myriad of exhaust options out there. Power is aplenty, though am genuinely intrigued with the MTM piggy back (very warranty friendly), or the Eurocharged (Canada) Stage I ECU remap tune, which just dynoed at 690awhp / 730wtq on pump gas (576awhp / 605awtq stock). That's the tune they had on the Throttle House comparo against the E63S Wagon, so you can see the massive delta in real-world terms on the pre- and post- drag race results. For a (near-) daily driver in all-season climate - I could not ask for anything more.

Here she is with the winter wheel/tire setup, full PPF from head to toe, 35% tint all around (15% on front windshield), and debadge (though in this color + overall design she doesn't fly too low on the radar screen from what I can gather). Pardon the 'SUV height', she was at highest setting here for ease of detailing access. I'll have my Audi tech lower here an additional 15-22mm through ODIS when I do the first oil change in a few weeks (simple procedure, and interestingly enough you cannot lower the RS6 from the on-board computer to the level you can the RS7 - seems Audi decided this is a wagon and should not sit that low...)

Thanks for posting this. Def not flying under the radar with Nogaro! Winters looks great, I like them better than the stock wheels (which honestly is one of the biggest things that bothers me about the RS6, all but the base wheels look terrible IMO.) Enjoy it!
Old 12-23-2020 | 12:51 PM
ROCKSTAR.
Instructor

One of the best daily I’ve owned, not so great on gas though 😅
The following 2 users liked this post by ROCKSTAR.:
007DT (12-28-2020), pissedpuppy (12-28-2020)
Old 12-23-2020 | 01:10 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
Thanks for posting this. Def not flying under the radar with Nogaro! Winters looks great, I like them better than the stock wheels (which honestly is one of the biggest things that bothers me about the RS6, all but the base wheels look terrible IMO.) Enjoy it!
Thanks! These are actually 'factory' stock wheels, just on the RS7 and the only winter option Audi offers for us in the USA (in Canada you can get the 21" option). Was actually a pretty well priced package, ~$4,200 as you see them (wheels, winter tires, TPMSs, all mounted, and in tire totes even!). Grip is phenomenal.

Agree that the factory wheels are so-so. Still looking to digest the silver factory wheels on an otherwise black optic package car, but again this being a Tribute to the RS2 it is one of the distinguishing features and I can see why (as are small touches such as chrome vs black emblems, body colored mirrors, etc.) Design-touch wise, it is a much closer RS2 representation than the Euro Nogaro "Jubilee" version IMO

Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR.

Welcome to the club, looks sinister!
The following users liked this post:
ROCKSTAR. (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020 | 01:36 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

And another! They're everywhere... lol

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Thanks! These are actually 'factory' stock wheels, just on the RS7 and the only winter option Audi offers for us in the USA (in Canada you can get the 21" option). Was actually a pretty well priced package, ~$4,200 as you see them (wheels, winter tires, TPMSs, all mounted, and in tire totes even!). Grip is phenomenal.

Agree that the factory wheels are so-so. Still looking to digest the silver factory wheels on an otherwise black optic package car, but again this being a Tribute to the RS2 it is one of the distinguishing features and I can see why (as are small touches such as chrome vs black emblems, body colored mirrors, etc.) Design-touch wise, it is a much closer RS2 representation than the Euro Nogaro "Jubilee" version IMOWelcome to the club, looks sinister!
Thanks for clarifying, really looks special. Let us know if you wind up doing exhaust/tune. I'm sure it will rip. I guess we also might see a Performance version at some point.
Old 12-23-2020 | 02:04 PM
ROCKSTAR.
Instructor

And another! They're everywhere... lol

Thanks for clarifying, really looks special. Let us know if you wind up doing exhaust/tune. I'm sure it will rip. I guess we also might see a Performance version at some point.
Worked for Audi up until a few months ago, had the opportunity to jump on one of the dealer launch units to replace my 19 RS5, seems like the “logical” move? 🤣
Old 12-23-2020 | 03:18 PM
ryan505
Rennlist Member

Not a great pic, but my "daily driver" is the 2020 Raptor. I've beefed it up a little - Cobb intercooler bits, riding on BFG 37's with Fox 3.0 Live Valve shocks front and back, RPG tie rods, Deaver +3 leafs in the rear along with an RPG bump kit with Fox bumps. It's also running a prototype valved exhaust from Velocity AP, which I'm in love with.
fijibubba (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020 | 09:02 PM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

OMG
ROCKSTAR. (12-28-2020)
Old 12-26-2020 | 02:30 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

That’s def Nogaro. How do you like it? Trying to decide - E63 or RS6.
I have a 2021 E63S Wagon coming really soon. Repeat owner here; debadged, and in black, looks like a boring wagon and avoids attention.

Old 12-27-2020 | 03:51 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz
I have a 2021 E63S Wagon coming really soon. Repeat owner here; debadged, and in black, looks like a boring wagon and avoids attention.
Leaning this way as well, just such a good all around car and agree, a little less attention is nice.
Old 12-27-2020 | 12:29 PM
motastic
Intermediate

Just picked this up as a daily. Very refined over the last generation

.....and my wife got one as well 😂 happy wife, happy life.

Factory Matte black with Full red interior.

Let’s just say Christmas wasn’t cheap.
The following 3 users liked this post by motastic:
Big Swole (12-27-2020), fijibubba (12-27-2020), rjongco (12-27-2020)
Old 12-27-2020 | 06:29 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by motastic
Just picked this up as a daily. Very refined over the last generation

.....and my wife got one as well 😂 happy wife, happy life.

Factory Matte black with Full red interior.

Let’s just say Christmas wasn’t cheap.
Congrats ! I will be ordering mine next week too , white , night pkg , carbon fiber and red interior . I hope i like it .
heard the wind noise on the highway was pretty intrusive though !
Old 12-27-2020 | 06:31 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

woow ! Nice , enjoy it !
ROCKSTAR. (12-28-2020)

Quick Reply: Picture of your daily driver?