Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 02:27 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's not like the dealers are putting a gun to your head. The dealer want more money. You decide if you gonna pay up or look else where. I don't understand all the commotions. BTW, you complain about other RL members showing fingers but your choice of words is not any better. I have to agree with you this is not the RL I know. That's Terrible.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:39 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

It's just a car guys, and not even the best nor the last. Porsche will sell me one at a price I am willing to pay or they won't. I have a lot of alternatives, including Waxer's plummeting GT3 RS!
Old 04-12-2017, 02:48 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Not enough track talk, that's for sure.

I did pay OVER MSRP for my RS and that money is basically lost but I knew that would happen when I did it so I did it with eyes wide open. I was a Porsche dealer newb as I bought all my other GT cars used so call it a lesson learned on my part. Now that I'm clear on how the game is played, I don't plan on paying a dealer OVER MSRP for a Porsche GT car, especially a GT3.

I too get annoyed how there are some people on here who think that if you aren't willing to pay a stupid price for a car that you are a whiny poor loser who can't afford it. Some of the guys like Spyerx, Mooty, and CJ know how much I hustle to afford this Porsche and track addiction that I have earning every dollar. Is there anything wrong if some of you guys pay OVER? Of course not, but please don't be that guy or gal that pays $50k OVER for one since the GT3 is not an RS. I'm not paying OVER MSRP for a GT3, I'll wait till one of the good guy dealers that I'm trying to work with calls to offer me one at MSRP. Till then I'll enjoy what I'm lucky to have and keep bashing on stealers like Auto Gallery as often as I can.
There is barely any track talk these days. You'll even get guys that tell you it doesn't make any sense to track a GT. Things are going into the toilet around here.

I've made some lifelong friends after meeting some rennlist people in person.
I have zero interest in meeting some people here these days. I've got a guy mocking me for standing firm on a principle, I've got people laughing at me for supposedly not being able to afford a car. I don't care how nice you are to my face. I know you're a snob that looks down on people that you 'think' have less money than you. No thanks.

Looking forward to meeting you soon, Martin. At least there are some good guys around still.

Originally Posted by silverrules
It's not like the dealers are putting a gun to your head. The dealer want more money. You decide if you gonna pay up or look else where. I don't understand all the commotions. BTW, you complain about other RL members showing fingers but your choice of words is not any better. I have to agree with you this is not the RL I know. That's Terrible.
You're right. I'm not paying up. I'm fine with waiting or not getting one. I'm not playing this stupid game. That's not what got me riled up and why I posted. Some of us have a line we won't cross because of a principle we set for OURSELVES (not you). You chose to mock it by using a lame real estate analogy. Others rofld and +1'd comments about how those with that principle don't have enough money.

Fingers? You mean swearing?
I've never complained about people swearing. Give me a rude foul mouth over a pretentious snob any day.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

can someone explain why raptor is so popular?
it can't tow
it's small
serious question as i am about to buy my 3rd dually
Old 04-12-2017, 03:38 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
It's just a car guys, and not even the best nor the last. Porsche will sell me one at a price I am willing to pay or they won't. I have a lot of alternatives, including Waxer's plummeting GT3 RS!
Some of us are in the relationship business (real estate in my case) and I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with my clients. It's just annoying to me the tactics and games that more and more dealers/stealers are playing with good customers. As my grandfather you've to tell me..."when you're doing business with someone...give up a little (commission rebates) now to get a lot more (future business) later" I have a few clients who have already referred me a half dozen new clients. So I've truly benefited from maintaining good relationships with my clients. There are still good guy dealers out there and I commend them for focusing on taking care of their good clients.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:39 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it can't tow
it's small
For the same reason we like a big spoiler on a GT3.. because it's cool.. and for same reason you spend more to have in your garage bicycles made in my country rather than China-because they make you feel cool (and you don't know the rider's name on your frame means "little onions".. funny aside)

Raptor is cool.. too bad it occupies my entire street and is bigger than my garage or id be dailying it.

Anyway, I don't want to discuss the merits or fault of ADM pricing, nothing to add there really, same convo for years, fun to read the merrygoround..

...but I bet that most here who aren't on an Msrp list, or have a connection to a spot, could probably talk these dealers down a bit to an adm which is reasonable.. truth is, GT3 is probably slightly underpriced by Porsche. AAAAND, no cars will move at $50k over, and most won't move at $25k over.. but offer your guy $10k over (price of pccb).. and I bet he'd budge because truth be told.. they'll make a shedload of these just like they made a shed-load of all of them, and they know that they need to move cars today, AND tomorrow. Less complaining and more negotiating and more people would go home happy with their GT3.. just a hunch.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:43 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Some of us are in the relationship business (real estate in my case) and I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with my clients. It's just annoying to me the tactics and games that more and more dealers/stealers are playing with good customers. As my grandfather you've to tell me..."when you're doing business with someone...give up a little (commission rebates) now to get a lot more (future business) later" I have a few clients who have already referred me a half dozen new clients. So I've truly benefited from maintaining good relationships with my clients. There are still good guy dealers out there and I commend them for focusing on taking care of their good clients.
got me all excited, "relationship" business
in asia that is the PC way to describe the OLDEST business in the world
Old 04-12-2017, 03:46 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CAlexio
For the same reason we like a big spoiler on a GT3.. because it's cool.. and for same reason you spend more to have in your garage bicycles made in my country rather than China-because they make you feel cool (and you don't know the rider's name on your frame means "little onions".. funny aside)

Raptor is cool.. too bad it occupies my entire street and is bigger than my garage or id be dailying it.

Anyway, I don't want to discuss the merits or fault of ADM pricing, nothing to add there really, same convo for years, fun to read the merrygoround..

...but I bet that most here who aren't on an Msrp list, or have a connection to a spot, could probably talk these dealers down a bit to an adm which is reasonable.. truth is, GT3 is probably slightly underpriced by Porsche. AAAAND, no cars will move at $50k over, and most won't move at $25k over.. but offer your guy $10k over (price of pccb).. and I bet he'd budge because truth be told.. they'll make a shedload of these just like they made a shed-load of all of them, and they know that they need to move cars today, AND tomorrow. Less complaining and more negotiating and more people would go home happy with their GT3.. just a hunch.
how funny
1 after decades of italian frames, i am now on taiwnese frames. SURPRISINGLY better by a mile! they dont break. and i BREAK EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING. u be amazed what i can break. I broke cippo NK1K just by staring at it. not kidding.
2. cipollini means "little onion"? that's. my little sister's nick name. " little onion" hahaha
3 i need to go chk out a raptor just to see what it's all about.
too bad raptor fills ur whole street. my dually barely fits most street. but i utilize the sidewalk. if you see a big truck 1/2 way on sidewalk duringrush out down Montgomery, that would be yours truly. i do dent my fender often (every 4-5 weeks), almost took out the toll booth a few times. but the fenders are only 800 parts and labor with paint. i have 4 fenders (2 on each side) stored at my bodyshop. so STAY out of my way. st.mary's garage in city when i used to be a monthly gives me 4 parking spaces b/c i like to HIT THINGS.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:48 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
There is barely any track talk these days. You'll even get guys that tell you it doesn't make any sense to track a GT. Things are going into the toilet around here.

I have zero interest in meeting some people here these days. I've got a guy mocking me for standing firm on a principle, I've got people laughing at me for supposedly not being able to afford a car. I don't care how nice you are to my face. I know you're a snob that looks down on people that you 'think' have less money than you. No thanks.

Looking forward to meeting you soon, Martin. At least there are some good guys around still.
Joe, I'm a freaking Porsche and track nutter so definitely not the norm on here. Some of my good friends are guys that I met through tracking. I have tracked every single Porsche that I have owned and will continue to do so into the future because the track to me is my vacation and how I blow off steam from all the hustlin that I do. I'm kind of upset with myself that I'm not going to do enough track days this season due to the rain and getting swamped listing homes. Besides the stealer antics and games, flippers annoy the hell out of me. I hope that anyone who got a car at MSRP from a good guy dealer who tries to flip it for a quick buck gets black balled by that dealer. I loathe flippers as much as I despise vampire stealers like Auto Gallery.

Btw, beers on me if you can make it to dinner with us on Friday the 2nd.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right. I'm not paying up. I'm fine with waiting or not getting one. I'm not playing this stupid game. That's not what got me riled up and why I posted. Some of us have a line we won't cross because of a principle we set for OURSELVES (not you). You chose to mock it by using a lame real estate analogy. Others rofld and +1'd comments about how those with that principle don't have enough money.

Fingers? You mean swearing?
I've never complained about people swearing. Give me a rude foul mouth over a pretentious snob any day.
well said Joe
Old 04-12-2017, 09:37 AM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it can't tow
it's small
I think some people drive their trucks off concrete.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

I may have paid OVER MSRP for my RS, but anyone who paid OVER MSRP for a Raptor is a complete idiot and deserves to lose their money.
Agreed. The last GEN raptor was also selling for over MSRP when it was new. The word is Ford will be making a lot more of the eco-boost raptor than the previous previous gen 6.2 V8 raptor.

If it's all about attitude previous gen raptor the 6.2 V8 still has gobs of it. I am still amazed at how many thumbs up I get in this truck and how much attention it draws even when I'm just getting gas. People will stop when it's parked in my driveway just to look at it.

I actually think it's better looking than the new raptor even though the new raptor has slightly better performance. But for me my raptor does everything I need it to and more plus it's still clearly a looker. It's still also has a great V8 sound. With an exhaust it will be right there with the new raptor power wise

Wait a year or so and buy one slightly used for MSRP or below. That's what I did with the last Gen. Very happy.

fabulous truck.

Not that I would put much stock in this but I read in one of the car magazines or Hagerty I cannot remember which that the previous Gen raptor with the V8 6.2 will be a classic/collector truck
Old 04-12-2017, 10:37 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

+1

It's too bad principles mean nothing to most people anymore. You're pretty much punished for having them these days.

A lot of you guys are saying "it's just a car", pay to play, blah, blah.
It's just a car. I'm not throwing away my principles to get one. All of you snobs that think it's because I can't afford it can go take a hike. I take serious offense to people taking advantage of others and gouging. Maybe you find it ok because you do it to others yourself, but I DON'T and find the practice reprehensible and disgusting. So you can laugh and lift your little finger at me all day long about how much more money you THINK you can waste than me and how you're driving in a car that I'm not, but I don't give a SH*T. I still think you've been taken for a fool whether you like it or not. There are lines I won't cross, and I'm PROUD of it and will never regret it.
BTW .. Very nice forum contributions .. They come at no charge to view from what I can tell.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...d-journal.html

A man with principle is a stand up guy no matter the size of his checkbook, how loud he can bark, or is first to have the latest "hot" car.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:43 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Joe, I'm a freaking Porsche and track nutter so definitely not the norm on here. Some of my good friends are guys that I met through tracking. I have tracked every single Porsche that I have owned and will continue to do so into the future because the track to me is my vacation and how I blow off steam from all the hustlin that I do. I'm kind of upset with myself that I'm not going to do enough track days this season due to the rain and getting swamped listing homes. Besides the stealer antics and games, flippers annoy the hell out of me. I hope that anyone who got a car at MSRP from a good guy dealer who tries to flip it for a quick buck gets black balled by that dealer. I loathe flippers as much as I despise vampire stealers like Auto Gallery.

Btw, beers on me if you can make it to dinner with us on Friday the 2nd.
Lol. We are going to get along just fine because I can say the EXACT same thing (except for the listing homes thing, but close enough)!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:48 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

It seems like some of the really outrageous mark ups being asked are by dealers who BUY allocations off other dealers for $15-$20K+ and then try to double that by asking what they want.

I think some dealers would rather sell a car to Auto Gallery (who trolls dealers all over to buy allocations) directly instead of looking bad and trying to get "market pricing" and pissing off their customers. This way, they can just say they didn't get as many allocations.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread