Sponsored by:

TRAKCAR does ED

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Mass_K
I saw the legendary Trak Car Purple RS this weekend. First purple RS I have ever seen, and i must say... IT REALLY IS BEAUTIFUL
thank you.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Peter I was waiting for his tires to warm up and start pulling away but that didn't happen
Me too. But even with me showing the line he didn't follow?

Originally Posted by Cloudspin
^^ and fast!
Always a pleasure Cloudspin!
Old 01-25-2016, 12:28 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Erik's left rear blew out and went for a wild ride but kept it out the wall!
That's the second blow out this weekend!

I had fun chasing a green driver in a 991 CUP that would not point me by
TRAKCAR 991 RS VS 991 CUP - YouTube
what a dirt bag for not pointing you by.

Guess a 991 cup is sooo fast he doesnt need to use his mirrors

looked cold there this weekend but stil
Old 01-25-2016, 09:00 AM
Checkmate
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Trakcar- As much as I enjoy the videos, the camera needs to be stabilized or mounted in a different place. Perhaps a GOPRO is in order?

My suggestion is to mount a GOPRO and wire and tape the mic to somewhere on the rear bumper to pick up the brilliant exhaust note.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stujelly
what a dirt bag for not pointing you by.

Guess a 991 cup is sooo fast he doesnt need to use his mirrors

looked cold there this weekend but stil
He did point me by on the back straight only to never lift. All fun it was a race car, so I figured a little racing was in order After I passed him I drove away, he needs so serious coaching still.

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Trakcar- As much as I enjoy the videos, the camera needs to be stabilized or mounted in a different place. Perhaps a GOPRO is in order?

My suggestion is to mount a GOPRO and wire and tape the mic to somewhere on the rear bumper to pick up the brilliant exhaust note.
I know, I know.
Just haven't had time, glad I finally got it working at all.
I am looking at a few boxes of mounts but I think it only needs to drop a but and still be stable. Sound is crap with windows down, I know.

I tried using earplugs for microphone but it didn't work very well.
I need more experimenting.

I really don't like GoPro.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:25 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

He did point me by on the back straight only to never lift. All fun it was a race car, so I figured a little racing was in order After I passed him I drove away, he needs so serious coaching still.

I know, I know.
Just haven't had time, glad I finally got it working at all.
I am looking at a few boxes of mounts but I think it only needs to drop a but and still be stable. Sound is crap with windows down, I know.

I tried using earplugs for microphone but it didn't work very well.
I need more experimenting.

I really don't like GoPro.
Enjoyed watching your videos. Amazing the amount of grip you have from turn 10 to 13. I saw that the throttle indicator was a bit out of sync with the video but still.
Just looks so confidence inspiring when you drive. Really effortless.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ Thanks Peter, 11 and 12 along with T16 are the hardest corners for me to get the car to go where it needs to go.

I watch the video's and I know the car moves around a lot. Wagging under braking and lots of wider arcs on the front and rear axle but I seem to not to a lot about it LOL.

My 2:169 lap is pretty sloppy I short shifted T12 and the I have to catch the rear a little in T13 and I even lift there but its pretty much moving around like that everywhere

I assumed the RS has a 2:15 in it and that's doable if I clean up my driving a bit.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:53 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

^^ Thanks Peter, 11 and 12 along with T16 are the hardest corners for me to get the car to go where it needs to go.

I watch the video's and I know the car moves around a lot. Wagging under braking and lots of wider arcs on the front and rear axle but I seem to not to a lot about it LOL.

My 2:169 lap is pretty sloppy I short shifted T12 and the I have to catch the rear a little in T13 and I even lift there but its pretty much moving around like that everywhere

I assumed the RS has a 2:15 in it and that's doable if I clean up my driving a bit.
2.16 in a street car is respect. Will be interesting to hear your feedback with the gt4 especially in turn 11,12 and 15(a), 16 where we need the car to change direction and weight fast from side to side.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

The plan was to drive a GT4, but I was too busy playing with setup of the RS.
Improved setup even though I don't know what it is yet.

The GT4's that were setup by BGB were handling great so I'm looking forward to that.
Their 4.0 with 430 to the wheels on 19" R7 will be a terror to GT3's on technical courses!
Old 01-26-2016, 02:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Peter you are driving the Dutch Viking well...so awesome! It must be a real pisser to drive a 991 Cup car on slicks and have a guy in a street car on street tires hang with you and then pass and pull away. LOL
Hopefully someone explained what a point by is for...geesh!
Old 01-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 682 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Peter you are driving the Dutch Viking well...so awesome! It must be a real pisser to drive a 991 Cup car on slicks and have a guy in a street car on street tires hang with you and then pass and pull away. LOL
Hopefully someone explained what a point by is for...geesh!
Reminds me of when I once did a lapping day in my Spec Race Atom in a run group among other race cars, including Porsche cup cars. I fully expected to be a moving road block but the opposite ended up happening. That said, I could tell the cup car drivers were not exploiting the cars to their potential.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:59 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Everyone has to start somewhere, maybe it was a borrowed car, whatever.
He probably hadn't done much pointing by in the lower run group even though mandatory and this was the last session of the day where they combine us in SuperSolo that allows open passing with Solo groups where point by is mandatory..

After the no lift point by, I could have pulled in and looked for open track but it was fun chasing a car around. As with the last 4.0 there were not many cars to play with.

The GT4 will be more fun maybe in that respect because opposed to the RS I expect a ton of those on track for years to come.

Look forward to Sebring next week with Dave Murry and 48hours with Heineken.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:31 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Slacker. :thumbs:

No doubt, you SCREAM out there.

Besides PCA 48 Hr and Dave Murry, what about Suncoast/Goldcoast at the end of February?
Old 01-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

After the no lift point by, I could have pulled in and looked for open track but it was fun chasing a car around. As with the last 4.0 there were not many cars to play with.
And hard to point by in a Cup because windows/rollbar
Old 01-27-2016, 09:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by est8esq
Slacker. :thumbs:

No doubt, you SCREAM out there.

Besides PCA 48 Hr and Dave Murry, what about Suncoast/Goldcoast at the end of February?
After 48 I am flying to Europe to continue Macan ED and after that completely booked until the end of March. Hoping for a GT4 to show up before summer, otherwise I ship the RSA to the west coast for some track days there. Other than that just racing PCA Eclass car (Heineken, see pic below).

Originally Posted by Nizer
And hard to point by in a Cup because windows/rollbar
He had and was using turn signals. Mr Purple is fast but on the back straight not as fast as a CUP..
Attached Images   
Old 01-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Mass_K
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr Purple is fast but on the back straight not as fast as a CUP..
nothing out there was fast compared to the Radical RXC turbo, in a straight line that thing was stu*** fast. There was also a blue and yellow 997 cup that in a straight line made the 991 cups look slow. Wonder what he did to his?

Quick Reply: TRAKCAR does ED