Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 04:14 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

My 2nd car was a crysler Cordoba!! What a royal POS!!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:24 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

Now those are some nice sofas in that Cordoba!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:36 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Now those are some nice sofas in that Cordoba!
Lol. almost makes me regret getting non-folding lwb! Almost.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:59 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

I went from LO to Voodoo Blue with PCCB, Black wheels and Yellow belts. Also changed gauges to white because it seemed to look better with the Blk/Gray microfiber interior. No good way to gauge any colors without seeing the car. I thought the blue would look sharp and stand out a bit which I believe all RSs should do. Went from a late August build V200 to undetermined V170. I believe if you are planning on keeping the car, you should make it yours which is why I am willing to wait for a PTS. Since I live in the frozen tundra of the Midwest, if I don't get it by end of October it may as well come in April.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDGT3
I went from LO to Voodoo Blue with PCCB, Black wheels and Yellow belts. Also changed gauges to white because it seemed to look better with the Blk/Gray microfiber interior. No good way to gauge any colors without seeing the car. I thought the blue would look sharp and stand out a bit which I believe all RSs should do. Went from a late August build V200 to undetermined V170. I believe if you are planning on keeping the car, you should make it yours which is why I am willing to wait for a PTS. Since I live in the frozen tundra of the Midwest, if I don't get it by end of October it may as well come in April.
This 997 cup car is painted Voodoo. Light isn't very good but you get the idea

Old 06-12-2015, 08:41 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My (intern's) best shot at Voodoo, split the difference between real life pics in sun and shadow.
Attached Images   
Old 06-12-2015, 08:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Go Golf Blue at least not a Toyota color and looks the same to me
Old 06-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
My (intern's) best shot at Voodoo, split the difference between real life pics in sun and shadow.
It is a little deeper and darker than your interns crack at it. That looks more like Mexico or Riviera to me (which I like). I will see if I have any voodoo pics in direct sunlight for you.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:55 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Polesitter
It is a little deeper and darker than your interns crack at it. That looks more like Mexico or Riviera to me (which I like). I will see if I have any voodoo pics in direct sunlight for you.
I agree, it didn't translate from photoshop to a jpg accurately. More pics welcome. I'm going to adjust and see if we can get closer.

In general, very excited about this color. I would brand it as sporting and intense but with the restraint of a a medium blue.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Golf Blue' sucks big time...

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Go Golf Blue at least not a Toyota color and looks the same to me
Reter: Same to you? When was last time you saw your ophthalmologist? You might be due for a check up!

Exciting & vibrant 'Voodoo Blue'!

Versus

Dull & Boring 'Golf Blue'!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...nd-gets-2.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-13-2015, 01:24 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Photos are tricky.
There is an FJ voodoo blue in my street and it looks nothing like that.

I saw this Golf Blue and it's pretty nice and dark but bright in sun. You'll see it at Rennsport.

It's the truest blue I found. No yellow no purple tones just French Racing blue.

Anyway I couldn't say I like any particular PTS color with black mandatory accents better than my Fedex lite for the white wheels alone :-)

I just want to start booking track days and drive the damn car already.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:04 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Golf Blue' is neither 'pretty nice' nor 'bright'...my opinion!

Photos are tricky.
You don't say!

We kid about Toyota FJ 'Voodoo Blue' being the same as Porsche PTS 'Voodoo Blue'. The truth is we really don't know if that is the case. I can ask PAG to do a PTS color, give them any 'blue' sample and have it name anything I want. So the individual that ordered 'Voodoo' might have chosen a blue and like the name 'voodoo'. Maybe he was from Haiti. Who knows? There is no guaranty or proof that Toyota FJ 'Voodoo Blue' is Porsche PTS 'Voodoo Blue'. It is all speculation on our part...and a lot of humorous banter. So I would not go by that!

I saw this Golf Blue and it's pretty nice and dark but bright in sun. You'll see it at Rennsport.
That looks nothing like the original Porsche 'Golf Blue'...but like you said, photos are indeed tricky! The only true test is original paint...and that 911 looks to be totally restored and repainted! So who knows what color they really chose to use!

Here is what Porsche represented 'Golf Blue' to look like in its day...and it's not anything like that color on the car you are showing us!

So caveat lector...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-13-2015, 02:14 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I can't decide PTS ever without having seen the color myself.

That '69 is Golf Blue since new. The paint was matched to the original paint found under the dash on the car before they repainted it, even though the paint was pretty good and with the original formula. Anyway it's as Golf Blue as the expert can make it. I like it a lot but shows that all these photos really don't mean much.

Been to the dealer a few times but they are all white silver black or even the standard reds and yellows. Why PTS and color you can order on a Pana as option I figured.

Other than that everyone is going Green or Voodoo, so looks nice but not much more unique soon as the simple to order purple.

I haven't seen many UV panamera's yet :-)
Old 06-13-2015, 03:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PAG current PTS 'Golf Blue' is a VW color...

That '69 is Golf Blue since new. The paint was matched to the original paint found under the dash on the car before they repainted it, even though the paint was pretty good and with the original formula. Anyway it's as Golf Blue as the expert can make it. I like it a lot but shows that all these photos really don't mean much.
"These photos don't mean much"...Yes, that is the point I always try to make clear to anyone that will listen. Only order a PTS color that you have seen in person and truly love! Photos are deceiving...and often misrepresent how it looks in real life. Taking your advice, I would strongly caution anyone else in this forum from getting excited about the current PAG PTS 'Golf Blue', color code W91, based on the photo below:

Besides, PAG has gone out of its way to tell us that the particular 'Golf Blue' approved for PTS is not the historic vintage Porsche 'Golf Blue', which had as its original color code # 315 (6603)! This 'Golf Blue' has a new color code - W91. And more importantly, the approved 'Golf Blue' is specifically referred to by Porsche as a VW color! It is not the Porsche historic color 'Golf Blue' nor does it have the historic Porsche color code 315 or 6603!

So caveat lector...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-13-2015, 06:24 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Photos are tricky.

It's the truest blue I found. No yellow no purple tones just French Racing blue.

Anyway I couldn't say I like any particular PTS color with black mandatory accents better than my Fedex lite for the white wheels alone :-)

I just want to start booking track days and drive the damn car already.
UV is a great choice, but I would go with the full Orange Microfiber.

I think a lot of people will get their cars pushed back out of PTS, part of the reason there are still no production dates coming out of the factory.

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS