Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:24 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Eduardo, felicitationes en haber conseguido uno de los GT3 en Signal Green. Ahora recuerda que estos vehículos vienen con gomas que no son las mejores en el pavimento mojado. Me imagino que aprendisteis una lección con el RS. Así que a conducir con cuidado.

I read your several posts and found them to be quite interesting. Personally I am not offended by PAG opening and closing the PTS window at their convenience. I do not think it is done to affect the market. Probably more a production convenience for them. I am TRULY offended however by dealers trying to exploit customers with so called market adjustments. I would think that many of us would turn down such deals but certainly there will be folks willing to pay up in excess of MSRP. you know the old expression whatever the market will bear, may not be the best in today's markets where imbalances can be corrected with demand/supply from other parts of the country. I guess I would never do business with someone trying to pry my eyes out.

Que disfrutes el vehículo!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Next up is following my RS build, how do I track this and how do I move my build later for a PTS? Any advice...
Reter: I received today an email from someone I know at PCNA and it reads, in part, as follows:

"the factory has agreed to offer PTS on the RS's at some point for a limited number of cars and in a limited amount of colors."

Details are not yet available but perhaps might be announced in April.

my dealer is sticking to his story that he will get this one in Nov and then production stops of the RS and the 991.2 production commences.
I don't understand exactly what you or your dealer are trying to say here. Facts as I know it:

1) 991.2 production (MY2016) will start in JUNE of 2015 for regular models (base Carrera & Carrera S for sure!).

2) 991.2 production of gt3 or gt3 RS not been announced and we have no idea if/when it will happen. The 991 gt3 RS we know coming to the US is designated as a MY2016 but in the .1 991 format (non-face lift format) except for 918/Macan type steering wheel.

What is this talk, from either you or your dealer, about 'production of RS stopping in November and 991.2 production commencing'?????

Really have my heart set on ED but useless on snow tires from Nov through March..
Yes, you don't want to experience what happened to me & the wife with our MY2007 BMW 650iVert during European Delivery in the Fall of 2006!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-23-2015, 10:37 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Just in time
Eduardo, felicitationes en haber conseguido uno de los GT3 en Signal Green. Ahora recuerda que estos vehículos vienen con gomas que no son las mejores en el pavimento mojado. Me imagino que aprendisteis una lección con el RS. Así que a conducir con cuidado.

I read your several posts and found them to be quite interesting. Personally I am not offended by PAG opening and closing the PTS window at their convenience. I do not think it is done to affect the market. Probably more a production convenience for them. I am TRULY offended however by dealers trying to exploit customers with so called market adjustments. I would think that many of us would turn down such deals but certainly there will be folks willing to pay up in excess of MSRP. you know the old expression whatever the market will bear, may not be the best in today's markets where imbalances can be corrected with demand/supply from other parts of the country. I guess I would never do business with someone trying to pry my eyes out.

Que disfrutes el vehículo!
De acuerdo
Old 03-23-2015, 10:39 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Eduardo, did they mention anything about PTS on the GT4?
Old 03-23-2015, 11:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Reter: I received today an email from someone I know at PCNA and it reads, in part, as follows:

"the factory has agreed to offer PTS on the RS's at some point for a limited number of cars and in a limited amount of colors."

Details are not yet available but perhaps might be announced in April.

I don't understand exactly what you or your dealer are trying to say here. Facts as I know it:

1) 991.2 production (MY2016) will start in JUNE of 2015 for regular models (base Carrera & Carrera S for sure!).

2) 991.2 production of gt3 or gt3 RS not been announced and we have no idea if/when it will happen. The 991 gt3 RS we know coming to the US is designated as a MY2016 but in the .1 991 format (non-face lift format) except for 918/Macan type steering wheel.

What is this talk, from either you or your dealer, about 'production of RS stopping in November and 991.2 production commencing'?????

Yes, you don't want to experience what happened to me & the wife with our MY2007 BMW 650iVert during European Delivery in the Fall of 2006!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I'm more confused than you
Test driving a Macan tomorrow, at least I can drive it in the snow..
Requested ED and PTS for both GT4 and RS..
Old 03-23-2015, 11:19 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 174 Posts

Eduardo, I know I have said this privately to you many times, but again congratulations on the PTS Signal Green Porsche.

I am a bit player in this intriguing story, as Eduardo helped me and a small group of rennlisters search for these PTS cars. Unfortunately we had no success in finding an available Signal Green- we were close though! Several dealers have made sure these cars rec'd first look from their regular customers, and well, if you rec'd the call out of the blue- do you want a PTS Signal Green GT3, what would you do? Yes, its a duh! I do think it is regional: midwest states are more converservative, so it's not surprising (to me at least) that Eduardo found his car in Ohio where the customer base may not be that interested in "bright" colors!

So, we are all curious what Porsche will do next- with the program and with a response to Eduardo's letter. And yes, I'm glad this is a sticky thread since we can look forward to delivery days of each of the 30 cars and congratulate the owners. Someday I hope one of those owners will be me, in no small part to Eduardo's help and passion for these rare cars!
Old 03-23-2015, 11:40 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What a cool thread, just finished reading every post. Thanks and congrats!!
Old 03-24-2015, 01:52 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Eduardo, what a fascinating story. Really well done. I could not stop reading. Also congratulations on your new PTS signal green Porsche. I am really happy for you. Mark
Old 03-24-2015, 01:55 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Way to go Eduardo. Very happy for you my friend. Oh, don't forget to change your username to Greenrules
Old 03-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Available PTS gt3 in 'Arena Red Metallic'...

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I have not had time to read through this thread or the other new PTS threads today but wanted to let RLers know that the arena red metallic GT3 at Porsche of Conshohocken is available at MSRP. It was on hold for me but I've decided to pass, mostly for reasons consistent with tasman's post above -- while I love ARM and thought about ordering it early on, there are several specs on the car that I would not have added, so the PTS ends up being a lot more expensive for me than just $5500. So if someone is looking for this beautiful color and wants a no-nonsense MSRP deal, contact Ted Sotirakis at Porsche of Conshohocken at 484-690-2585 (direct line). I bought my first 911 from Porsche of Conshohocken many moons ago and they are great, as is Ted.
As Sportscentury suggested, the person to contact if you are interested in this 'Arena Red Metallic' PTS gt3 is Ted Sotirakis at P of Conshohoken (PA):

He will be able to supply you the specific specs of this vehicle, but it should pretty much look like this:

Good luck.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 AM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Eduardo, I know it's been asked already but any word on PTS for GT4?
Old 03-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Re: PTS on gt4

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Eduardo, did they mention anything about PTS on the GT4?
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Eduardo, I know it's been asked already but any word on PTS for GT4?
RE: 'Anything' or 'any word' about or on PTS for GT4: Yes but it doesn't tell us anything yet positive. Since I had specifically asked about it, my contact at PCNA did bring it up in the response. Let me quote the latter just as I received it so there is no misunderstanding:

"I do not have any further info about PTS availability on the RS and GT4, other than the factory has agreed to offer PTS on the RS's at some point for a limited number of cars and in a limited amount of colors."

Sorry, but that is all the information this person, intimately familiar with PTS, had to say about the subject.

Originally Posted by Z356
As Sportscentury suggested, the person to contact if you are interested in this 'Arena Red Metallic' PTS gt3 is Ted Sotirakis at P of Conshohoken (PA):

He will be able to supply you the specific specs of this vehicle, but it should pretty much look like this:

Good luck.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

I just received a PM from Ted Sotirakis, a salesman at P of Conshohoken. The 'Arena Red Metallic' PTS gt3 at his dealership sold right after 'Sportscentury' gave up his reservation and communicated that decision to all of you on this thread here at Rennlist. I hope the ultimate buyer is a fellow Rennlister, but we don't yet know.

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I have not had time to read through this thread or the other new PTS threads today but wanted to let RLers know that the arena red metallic GT3 at Porsche of Conshohocken is available at MSRP. It was on hold for me but I've decided to pass, mostly for reasons consistent with tasman's post above -- while I love ARM and thought about ordering it early on, there are several specs on the car that I would not have added, so the PTS ends up being a lot more expensive for me than just $5500. So if someone is looking for this beautiful color and wants a no-nonsense MSRP deal, contact Ted Sotirakis at Porsche of Conshohocken at 484-690-2585 (direct line). I bought my first 911 from Porsche of Conshohocken many moons ago and they are great, as is Ted.

The other two 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3s from this special group of PTS cars that we knew a few days ago were still available are:

Porsche of Omaha (NE)
Talk directly with Mitch:

This was the gt3 reserved then released by Rennlister Nine1won last week.

Porsche Exchange (IL)
Talk directly with Bruce:

The tip on the availability of the Porsche Exchange 'Arena Red' gt3 came from fellow Rennlister Jimmy-D (Thank You Jimmy for the heads up!)

Good luck!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015, 01:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Eduardo, what kind of Orange is on the list for RS?
I thought I saved the list but cant find it and wouldn't know what the colors look like...
Old 03-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Eduardo, what kind of Orange is on the list for RS?
I thought I saved the list but cant find it and wouldn't know what the colors look like...
Let's be clear about this. Not even PCNA knows what limited PTS colors will be chosen by PAG to allow on the 991 gt3 RS once a limited version of PTS is officially announced on that model. That decision re: PTS on the gt3 RS is expected (at the earliest) next month - April.

The only two solid 'Orange' colors currently approved for the general 991/981/Panamera PTS program that I am familiar with are the lighter/brighter 'Pastel Orange' :

and the darker/richer 'Gulf Orange', color code 019:

The new color for the RS is of course 'Lava Orange', which is a modified 'Blutorange/Tangerine' from the early 911 long hood era. 'Lava Orange' will also become a $3K+ 'Special Color' on MY2016 .2 991 models.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-24-2015, 02:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

You're awesome

Pastel orange is closest to .1RS orange right? This I love.
Code 019 is too close to Lava, I don't like either.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!