Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 arrived with LWBs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Grant. I would imagine you will be fine. Im ovr 6'1" and with helmet in GT3 have 2" spare but it does depend on the individuals body shape as you know. I think for the Cayman there is no benefit having a folding seat so the 918 should be perfect. Im imagining there will be similar headroom but it would indeed be nice if the seat could lower further than the GT2 one (unlikely I suspect).
Old 12-03-2014, 06:26 PM
A36Pilot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
Why do u believe this to be non functional when the manual clearly states the seats are height adjustable ???
In the Configurator is this description for the LWB:

Includes:
Full bucket, motorsport derived, unhinged seats made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP)
Seat designed to keep weight as low as possible
Headrests and airbags integrated into seats
Electric seat height adjustment for driver seat i.c.w. manual steering wheel adjustment enable greater flexibility of seat position - for both larger and smaller drivers
Manual fore/aft adjustment for both driver and passenger seats
Old 12-03-2014, 06:30 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by A36Pilot

Includes:
Full bucket, motorsport derived, unhinged seats made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP)
Electric seat height adjustment for driver seat i.c.w. manual steering wheel adjustment enable greater flexibility of seat position - for both larger and smaller drivers
Thanks for making my point
Old 12-03-2014, 06:34 PM
A36Pilot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry but I believe the Configurator description implies that only the drivers seat is height adjustable.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

I'm sorry but I believe the Configurator description implies that only the drivers seat is height adjustable.
That's the way I read it, also. It's cool height is adjustable on both sides.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, it is fairly obvious that the specifications in the online configurator are a project in process and literally a moving target. I would love to have had the LWB seats as they are represented on the configuration model . I am sure there is some fine print legal speak somewhere there that says this configuration and specification is not final and may change without notice.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:31 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Well, it is fairly obvious that the specifications in the online configurator are a project in process and literally a moving target. I would love to have had the LWB seats as they are represented on the configuration model . I am sure there is some fine print legal speak somewhere there that says this configuration and specification is not final and may change without notice.
Enter memory seats and rebate checks.

Maybe, that's a RHD seat put in by accident. Jk.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:31 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

The attachment in post #110 says height adj for both driver & passenger seat.

The good news is that we now have cars on the ground with these seats and no more "assuming" things that are or aren't there....

Bill
Old 12-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
Why do u believe this to be non functional when the manual clearly states the seats are height adjustable ??? Thanks to Nate for clarifying
Bill:
Until Nate posted at 11:30 AM today, we were under the impression that there was no height adjustment on the passenger side for reasons A36Pilot have clearly explained below. Remember that my posts were made last night, before Nate's more recent post this morning clarifying what he found on receipt of his gt3 with the new sport bucket seats.

Includes:
Originally Posted by WSH
The attachment in post #110 says height adj for both driver & passenger seat.

The good news is that we now have cars on the ground with these seats and no more "assuming" things that are or aren't there....

Bill
The attachment in my post #110 has translation errors (suggested mechanical width adjustments) so we were skeptical. But if Nate says his 991 gt3's passenger seat has height adjustment (see below), that is great news...and a very welcome development! Not only is A36Pilot correct in what he quotes from the US configurator, but remember that the 918 Spyder has not been able to be optioned with a height adjustment for the passenger side in US models. So our luck is getting better with each passing day re: these new sport bucket seats available as options on the 991 gt3's!

Originally Posted by NateOZ
The switch actually works - so you have the height adjustment on both sides. It also moves the seat slightly forward as it moves up, so there is a little more room behind the seats than in the photo I took.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Grant. I would imagine you will be fine. Im ovr 6'1" and with helmet in GT3 have 2" spare but it does depend on the individuals body shape as you know. I think for the Cayman there is no benefit having a folding seat so the 918 should be perfect. Im imagining there will be similar headroom but it would indeed be nice if the seat could lower further than the GT2 one (unlikely I suspect).
Thanks - I'm gonna to hold onto a little hope that it will move lower than GT2 seat. Hopefully we'll know for sure soon. I'm only 5'11", but I have really short legs and the torso of someone at least 6'6" (circus freak).
Old 12-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I finally picked up the car this morning. It is better than expected and the seats are on the same level for fitments as the Carrera GT seats except better with the height adjustability. I can get a much better driving position at 5'8" than I could with the Carrera GT or GT2 seats. The 918 seats seem to be narrower fitting than the GT2 seats. The folding feature of the GT2 seats is very nice, but I'm happy to sacrifice it for the design of the 918 seats and the ability to adjust the seat height.

Overall, based on my limited mileage, the car is very confidence inspiring and handles better than any other I have driven. It can be easily driven everyday and is more compliant than my spyder and much more compliant on the road than my 08 RS. The RS felt more extreme and "race like" for lack of a better word. Not saying that is bad, but I wouldn't want that for a daily car.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 989 Likes on 512 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:14 PM
avi8tir
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

so, have we determined that the front pad is removable to allow for a harness to be run through like the former LWBS?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:22 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by avi8tir
so, have we determined that the front pad is removable to allow for a harness to be run through like the former LWBS?
There is a pass through, but we are still waiting for someone to lift up the cushion to see if there is a mount for a antisub strap under there.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:44 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

How comfortable is the LWB seats? My car locks in the 9th but I am concerned just because you cannot adjust inclination?

My scuderia is surprisingly comfortable due to it has adjustable inclination but height adjustment is a pain. You have to remove the seats and adjust screws which I did and was a pain to do.

Quick Reply: GT3 arrived with LWBs