Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 02:06 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I'd be shocked to see ADMs on the new car. Who's really left to clammor over this thing?

RS.1 was the new great thing and they sold a ton of them
Then 2RSs took money out of more wallets
Who is left to buy ALL of the now coming .2RS's and create a ADM fervor? I don't see it.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:08 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
I'd be shocked to see ADMs on the new car. Who's really left to clammor over this thing?

RS.1 was the new great thing and they sold a ton of them
Then 2RSs took money out of more wallets
Who is left to buy ALL of the now coming .2RS's and create a ADM fervor? I don't see it.
But its green! that changes everything!
Old 02-07-2018, 02:09 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

ha!!!!!!!!!!!! Right! Forgot it was green. OK...ok...I'll buy 2 at $100K over msrp
Old 02-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Really? You don't think the new one is a better car? I think the new one is absolutely, indisputably a better car. If you're considering collectibility and future value (which you shouldn't be but whatever) then I would bet 100% that the .2 RS is worth tangibly more in the future than the .1 RS.

In terms that enthusiasts that want a car to drive should think about though, I think you'd be very hard pressed to make the value proposition that it's worth the cost of upgrading from the .1 to the .2. If you can trade up nearly for free and get the spec you want then it's a no-brainer but if it's going to cost 10's of thousands of dollars then it probably isn't worth it.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT the .2RS is simply a better car
Old 02-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I think some of the most substantial changes are the ones not reflected in the specs (new solid valve lifters, hollow crankshaft with oiling through it, better brake cooling, chassis improvements from GT2RS, etc.). I bet the Nurburgring lap will be substantially faster than .1
Yup.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:02 PM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
i just wanted to argue against - because till now it seems every .1RS owner (which is not buying/getting a .2RS) is saying .1RS is better. No it will not be better. Clear.
Maybe cheaper in the first step. But also not after 3 years - and also not after 10 years.
As long we speak about similar premiums or at least below 20k over on the .2RS compared with a MSRP .1RS...
My point never been that 1RS will be better than 2RS... the hood is beautyfull... the colors are nice i personnaly always loved the green on the 997 gt3RS... the underbody upgrade will not change the laptime of most of the drivers... if you are slow these specs will not help you... let s be serious... is it better to always have the last version yes PAG want you to believe that.. will people will look more at you definitly but for that you also have lambos.... 1RS are a great opportunity to get same thing cheaper atm ... there is still 174 cars to sell on mobile and this didnt moved for last 6month i think it s right time to repost this one 😂
Old 02-07-2018, 04:08 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll just say if you driving both cars the way you should you have to be close to Walter Rohrl level to appreciate the difference between .1 and .2.
If you are not driving them, don't speculate about value and markup and don't buy the car. Leave it for someone who does.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I think some of the most substantial changes are the ones not reflected in the specs (new solid valve lifters, hollow crankshaft with oiling through it, better brake cooling, chassis improvements from GT2RS, etc.). I bet the Nurburgring lap will be substantially faster than .1
Grant: Don't get me wrong. Clear advancements with the .2. Main improvement in lap time due to better MPCSs.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:04 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
My point never been that 1RS will be better than 2RS... the hood is beautyfull... the colors are nice i personnaly always loved the green on the 997 gt3RS... the underbody upgrade will not change the laptime of most of the drivers... if you are slow these specs will not help you... let s be serious... is it better to always have the last version yes PAG want you to believe that.. will people will look more at you definitly but for that you also have lambos.... 1RS are a great opportunity to get same thing cheaper atm ... there is still 174 cars to sell on mobile and this didnt moved for last 6month i think it s right time to repost this one 😂
there is still 174 cars to sell on mobile...

Actually there's 244 cars to sell on mobile (production started 2015)
Old 02-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT the .2RS is simply a better car
Based on PAG marketing...true based on the improved "bits and bobs" over the former "bits and bobs" in the .1RS that had nothing wrong with them to begin with. Yawn.

Doesn't make the .1RS any less of an epic and great car.

If I can get a .2GT3RS at MSRP and sell mine for a number where I'm not taking a bath I'm in. If not, like Koblat said, no thanks. I'm still left with an epic RS.

Future values of .2RS will depend on production numbers. I hope they are limited and value skyrockets. All boats rise with the tide. If a .2GT3RS goes for $350K in 4 years I'll sell you my .1RS at $275K. ; )
Old 02-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
This is correct. New epic car doesn’t make old epic car any less epic. 😊
Old 02-07-2018, 05:31 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Based on PAG marketing...true based on the improved "bits and bobs" over the former "bits and bobs" in the .1RS that had nothing wrong with them to begin with. Yawn.

If I can get a .2GT3RS at MSRP and sell mine for a number where I'm not taking a bath I'm in. If not, like Koblat said, no thanks. I'm still left with an epic RS.

Future values of .2RS will depend on production numbers. I hope they are limited and value skyrockets. All boats rise with the tide. If a .2GT3RS goes for $350K in 4 years I'll sell you my .1RS at $275K. ; )
.1 RS is close to performance and looks to my Speciale at half the price unless W package PTS or CXX options are possible. Will be the first to admit that the chances of noticing a performance difference is highly doubtful between .1 and .2 would be better if I lost 20 pounds!

I have never ordered a Porsche hoping to get an allocation it will be an awesome experience maybe even take delivery if that's possible at the factory.

Anyway there is a lot to be said for ordering a special car - performance and looks aside I may just keep the .1RS and be one of those **** heads that feather dust their car
Old 02-07-2018, 05:41 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

because value is the filler for the leak gap and you waxer are the best partner to start a discussion.

based on your example i would choose to have those 75k$ parked in a .2GT3RS - driving in the meanwhile the better car.
this will think a lot of current .1GT3RS owners. more .1GT3RS will hit the market - to be precise around 1.500-2.000 units based on the new i guess 2.500 .2 units. this will happen - nothing can change it. because all of the .2 are sold multiple times.
good for all .1GT3RS buyers out there.
how many will flip the .2GT3RS? i think not too many - because what else to buy? there is no substitute.

the final MSRP and infos about the final details/goodies (WP?)
is what i´m waiting for.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
=
how many will flip the .2GT3RS? i think not too many - because what else to buy? there is no substitute.
For GT3 RS 4.2 :P

Jokes aside, congrats for your allocation.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:19 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

If Clubsport became available in the US (doubtful) I would expect demand for the .2 RS really heats up. Lots of .1 RS owners track their cars and would like a cage but don't want to erode value with a cage. Given the track focused nature of the RS, I'd guess the clubsport option would also be very popular with buyers who don't track or who care about resale.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS