Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 03:48 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Eh, it's alright ... he's a nice man and a great neighbor.

He's wanted one of these for a long time and he plans to keep it a lot longer than I will keep mine, and in the end it's his money, and if it makes him happy then it's all good.

I'm not thrilled about it but I'll be ok.

That is as soon as I can decide tween non WP white or chalk in the next 24hrs.

FWIW bear in mind when you both get your RS's, your neighbour will need to spend a disproportionate amount of time washing and polishing his RS while you'll be out driving and having a ball..
Old 07-23-2018, 07:32 AM
gunnyosu
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neighbors...

I'm with you on the WP, I feel the brighter colors look better with a painted hood. BTW, I would go chalk all the way!

Originally Posted by soulsea
Not that anyone cares but I had an interesting spec adventure with the 3RS.

I have a relatively early allocation with a sept build date and I had submitted what I refer to as a reverse lizard spec, as in black with black/green wheels and the green interior. This was a heavy spec with almost every box checked and WP ... iirc it was in the mid 230s.

Then one of my neighbors who lives about five houses down from me got an allocation and decided to clone my spec. Not out of coincidence mid you, he did it cause he liked mine and wanted the same thing. It's not that I mind or can control other people having the same spec as mine, but on the same street ffs, and with green accents? We're going to look like two guys dating with matching bowties, ugh.

Anyhoot, he wouldn't budge on his spec so I had to redo mine. I went for a mid level spec in white with no WP and just the must have stuff like all performance options, black headlights, leather, and that's it. It came out to a $210k build so in the end my neighbor ended up saving me $25k.

I am wondering though if I made a mistake letting go of WP when I still had the chance to get it. It wasn't even a matter of $, I just can't cope with the black hood/roof contrast against light colors. It was fine when the car was black but once that was taken away because of the aforementioned nonsense I just couldn't do it. Plus it really is a silly amount of money to spend for a few pounds, it's really $18k for nameplate cred.

Alright well it's obviously moot now, I just hope I don't regret passing on the WP.

The build locks on the 24th and the only thing I'm still pondering is whether to do chalk instead of white ... both look gorgeous sans WP.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Takuya
Can have question about the status of my order? My order of WP is V200 from May 29th for Oct delivery. And the build was locked on July 21st. But when i asked my sale guy to confirm that if the build was locked yet or not on yesterday, he said my WP build will lock on Sept now and for late Nov delivery? So i don't know if my WP build already submitted or not yet? or it may get delay again on Sept?? Thanks!

P.s. in USA
I was considering the WP back in mid June and my SA submitted the WP build request and the SA said it was a go and my build date for July was unchanged. I then looked at the copy of the updated build sheet I requested and it said "V100 Feasibility Check failed". When I brought that to the attention of the SA he said he didn't know what was going on. After my SA did some checking he stated they are not doing WP with the earlier builds (June/July) but if I was willing to push my build date into August/September time frame it would be doable. I decided against the WP because could never get over the WP(black CF)/LG contrast.......just not my taste. Therefore, if you get or have a current build sheet that lists the WP for the 18K and your V200 you should be okay.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:50 AM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I was considering the WP back in mid June and my SA submitted the WP build request and the SA said it was a go and my build date for July was unchanged. I then looked at the copy of the updated build sheet I requested and it said "V100 Feasibility Check failed". When I brought that to the attention of the SA he said he didn't know what was going on. After my SA did some checking he stated they are not doing WP with the earlier builds (June/July) but if I was willing to push my build date into August/September time frame it would be doable. I decided against the WP because could never get over the WP(black CF)/LG contrast.......just not my taste. Therefore, if you get or have a current build sheet that lists the WP for the 18K and your V200 you should be okay.
July is the earliest build date for US cars and there are July builds with WP. Only the ones spec’d before the stop sale have it.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:55 AM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 215 Posts

Soulsea, go full bore LG with the WP! lol
Old 07-23-2018, 12:45 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963

yes, it has FAL.
Chris, does your Touring have FAL? Is it a must have option? Thank you
Old 07-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners

July is the earliest build date for US cars and there are July builds with WP. Only the ones spec’d before the stop sale have it.
I guess I was mis-informed but since I prefer not to have the WP it's all good. Though, went with the PCCBs...........death to brake dust, well almost.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
They need to go back to one color and choice of blue or red wheels.
Worked OK back in the day.

they started the ****ery with charging $5000 for white!
on the 997.1RS and it’s gone downhill from there ever since.

Porsche:

I agree. The only option should be exterior and wheel color choice.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:26 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Mamba green will be the new "standard" Special Colour. Lizard will go away from the selection.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,592 Likes on 737 Posts

And CS in a box for offroad use only.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,592 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by EST
Mamba green will be the new "standard" Special Colour. Lizard will go away from the selection.
UV went away for a little while, then came back until the end of production.

Why would they add a color mid production run?Whats Mamba green?
Old 07-23-2018, 04:29 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Dont know why they are doing so but I saw this colour sample at my dealer today. They told that the Lizard will be changed for Mamba.
It,s much more daker green than Lizard is and it's metallic as well. You will find the colour if google it!
Old 07-23-2018, 04:34 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Check out this custom green color, Python Green Chromaflair, 97K.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/13470/t...he-911-turbo-s
Old 07-23-2018, 04:58 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,902 Likes on 4,824 Posts

Originally Posted by EST
Dont know why they are doing so but I saw this colour sample at my dealer today. They told that the Lizard will be changed for Mamba.
It,s much more daker green than Lizard is and it's metallic as well. You will find the colour if google it!
I believe Mamba also goes by the name of Bamboo Green Metallic (Code Y76)
Old 07-23-2018, 05:00 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 923 Posts

If that’s true and this is the color expect demand for green RS’s to collapse.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS