991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:07 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Considering the extra 10k on PTS
and the CXX madness price

is too much pretending planning , communication and their commitment to customers?

Otherwise better they place a disclaimer on their Exclusive advertisments

Dear customer be aware this is a lottery and we will do anything to mess up your Porsche order
Old 02-14-2018, 12:38 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
That's so weird yours got pushed back that far when everybody else is getting pulled forward. Did you make any changes or something?
It happened to me also. Ulta violet. Was a early March, to a late March and as of last check mid April.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:48 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

If anyone has a good C-suite executive contact at Porsche AG, please send me a message with name and address and role. Thank you!
Old 02-14-2018, 01:30 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I just saw a PTS Audi RS7 the local dealer just in - painted Voodoo Blue. Cost for PTS - $3900. Same Voodoo Blue Porsche uses.
Maybe Porsche can ask its' sister company to take up some of the PTS slack? They are obviously more efficient at the process.

More proof the price has nothing to do with the actual cost. It's just how much Porsche thinks they can gouge the customer for before they blink. Perhaps they need to read the story about the goose with the gold eggs. . .
But is the Audi PTS price the same on the R8 as the RS7?

You're right that it has nothing to do with actual cost. It simply has everything to do with what GT3 customers are willing to pay. Can't blame Porsche for it. No business likes to leave money on the table.

Last edited by GT3; 02-15-2018 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:33 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
The significant price hike was meant to deter a high take rate - or so Porsche thought. Clearly demand proved to be inelastic, they got overwhelmed (in light of other priorities such as cranking out as many GT cars as possible and this was throwing a wrench in those plans).
Many enthusiasts are not afraid to pay up for exclusivity. PAG could double the price again and they'd still have a take rate that would overwhelm them.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
But is the Audi PTS price the same on the R8 as the RS7?
Of course it is. From the A3 to the R8 it's a $3900 option. (they do charge $6k for matte paint, but that's a different animal)
Old 02-14-2018, 03:24 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I just saw a PTS Audi RS7 the local dealer just in - painted Voodoo Blue. Cost for PTS - $3900. Same Voodoo Blue Porsche uses.

https://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/ex...s-in-porsches/

Maybe Porsche can ask its' sister company to take up some of the PTS slack? They are obviously more efficient at the process.
Audi painted both my 944 and 944Turbo a while back at Neckarsulm. Not a bad job. And they painted my current 'Nardo Gray'
RS7. That was PTS in any Audi for MY2016...except for the RS7!

More proof the price has nothing to do with the actual cost. It's just how much Porsche thinks they can gouge the customer for
before they blink. Perhaps they need to read the story about the goose with the gold eggs. . .

Here is a nice visual version of that story. What impressed me the most is the stunning 'gelbgrün'
shirt with dual-tone apron in 'Merlot Wine Red' with a subtle 'Black' inlay! The 'white' of the goose
reminds me of the discontinued 'Carrara White' in the 997 models rather than the current 991 standard
'White'. And finally, the golden color of the egg appears to be quite similar to the 'Gold Yellow Metallic'
of the Exclusive Series 911 Turbo S. Sorry if this ramble is slightly off-topic, but certain brains are wired
differently...as mine obviously is!

Of course it is. From the A3 to the R8 it's a $3900 option. (they do charge $6k for matte paint, but that's a different animal)

No, that can't be! A 'response' to a PTS request will be provided in ONE week? Did they really said that? They can't possibly mean it!

And they go ahead & list all their PTS colors to the general public & all their Audi customers?
What, no legal warning that the PTS is 'For Internal Use Only - Confidential'? That can't
possibly be! Audi doesn't have a budget for lawyers? Doesn't this all have to be kept sort of
secret? Shouldn't the PTS process be opaque & extremely convoluted?
And while we are asking questions, does Audi has Status V180 'Purgatory' rooms where faithful
clients wait for months to see if they get selected to get to the next level - PTS Heaven? Do Audi
customers ever experience the frustration & pain of having been told 'You Got PTS' & then finding
out you have been unceremoniously kicked out & end in PTS Hell? What fun is NOT having any of
that drama in a PTS program? Or am I just so programed in the Porsche PTS process that I find
the ease & logic of the Audi PTS scheme as inferior, lacking the suspense & possible agony of
a denial or the thrill of a PTS 'victory'?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 02-14-2018, 04:02 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Great info. Audi eliminates all the uncertainty, despair, and sleepless nights of the PTS car ordering process: Boring.

Still not buying an Audi though
Old 02-14-2018, 04:33 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Well, some people are just masochists that love the Porsche PTS process.

Fifty Shades of PTS - coming to theatres soon! Times, dates, and locations will not be disclosed.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, some people are just masochists that love the Porsche PTS process.

Fifty Shades of PTS - coming to theatres soon! Times, dates, and locations will not be disclosed.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:48 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

More proof the price has nothing to do with the actual cost. It's just how much Porsche thinks they can gouge the customer for before they blink. Perhaps they need to read the story about the goose with the gold eggs. . .
This is nothing new, very few items you purchase are based on actual cost. Almost everything you buy is based on what the seller thinks they can charge, as part of a comprehensive marketing strategy. I'm sure this isn't a surprise to anyone here right? Right!??!!
Old 02-14-2018, 09:22 PM
RS911
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts

FYI, so my build date is slipping further and further. First it was suppose to be a April build with an early ED in May; then it became a May build and a mid May ED pickup. Now, according to headquarters, it will be earliest a June European delivery. They blame the PTS for the delay.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:32 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
For all of those in US with Gelbgrun: my build got moved up to March, so now it looks like all 5 or 6 of us have March production slots. Coincidence, or Porsche trying to build them back to back?
My gelbgrun was feb, then March, then back to feb. the car is v260 at present. It's been v260 since the beginning of last week. Hoping for v300 tomorrow or Friday. Calendar says Friday for V300.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:57 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
My gelbgrun was feb, then March, then back to feb. the car is v260 at present. It's been v260 since the beginning of last week. Hoping for v300 tomorrow or Friday. Calendar says Friday for V300.
Same as my viper green car. V300 Friday.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:41 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Update. Car completed production and st port in Germany.

Maitime Blue GT3
manual

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order