Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 01:36 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Black wheels and LED headlights. I'm on an iPad. Otherwise, I'd have pics. Maybe later...
Clear tail light lenses look good too.
Ceramic, yellow calipers.

Sometimes it looks blue. Other times it looks violet.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:38 PM
Mr Purple
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. I´m going for black wheels too if I get my UV. Look forward to pics if you´d like to post.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:47 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I certainly hope you can get UV. Mine is in between my Green '07 RS and Black 4.0. It's a visual treat. I am polishing/waxing one section at a time. The paint finish is probably A grade overall. A few minor blemishes were picked up in shipping. I detail everything myself.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

As an interesting note, when the RS configurer went up on the Canadian website it said UV was not available until November production and there were no prices shown when selecting it. This changed on the website after a month or so. I'm not sure where this UV ending is coming from but you'd think they would pull it off the website if it was true considering all of the November production has been locked long ago.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by cebe
Thanks Eduardo... The color for the car was advertised as "black" so he may have requested a PTS after all...
That would be great...indeed to qualify for 'black' on the RS you had to be eligible for PTS. Unfortunately,
if it's indeed PTS 'Black' & you have an early 2016 production date, the paint has already been 'ordered'.
Thus your color is might be set in 'stone' & not changeable. Good luck in any case and keep us posted on
your order!

Originally Posted by Mr Purple
I have been reading from this thread the last days...You have a lot of info here, more then most dealers it seems.
Once a month my dealer receives an update on all models. So far there has been no change in colors since the PTS
stop July 6th.
Well, technically they have added three possible 'expedited' colors to the RS...but only if you already qualified for PTS.
So you could order 'Black', 'Racing Yellow' and 'Miami Blue' if you didn't want to wait in line for your specified/approved
PTS color (and surprisingly, a few have done just that! ) Here is where that information came from - Melissa Witek
at 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US - back on July 13th, 2015 while I was by coincidence visiting Zuffenhausen:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...gt3-rs-36.html

Originally Posted by Mr Purple
My second question is why they would let people configurate their cars with UV now, as none of the cars not yet
ordered will be produced in this color, if the info is correct.
That's Porsche for you. The various Porsche market's configurators are not kept up-to-date as they should!
That is why it's better to configure you car using....Rennlist! We update information as soon as 'we' get
it from our members & you will see it posted here usually way before most dealers are even aware of it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Mr Purple
Track Day

Thanks Eduardo for info. And interesting from Loess, that would be great news! Are you certain about the UV info we have Eduardo, or may it be that this color will be available in March-builds as well? I just got my contract and recon I don´t qualify for the available PTS´s. If I did, and could´t get UV, I would go for Miami.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:18 AM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is a GT3 w/o aero in Audi's Nardo Grey. Don't know if this is a PTS color but I love it. Imagine an RS in this color.

Facebook Post
Old 10-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Not 'Nardo Gray'...

Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Here is a GT3 w/o aero in Audi's Nardo Grey. Don't know if this is a PTS color but I love it.
Imagine an RS in this color.

That is not Audi's 'Nardo Gray'. That is Porsche's 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'.
And that '15 gt3 belongs to user 'farfromcommongt3' here on Rennlist who
has modified it (as you can see).

https://rennlist.com/forums/newreply...e=1&p=12713443

I know 'Nardo Gray' well. I have an '16 Audi RS7 ordered in that color
& it's a different hue. Trust me on that. Besides, 'Nardo Gray' has not
been requested, or approved, as a PTS color at Porsche.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-30-2015, 01:09 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Exactly, this is farfromcommonGT3's highly modified Fashion grey GT3. We saw it during RRV.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...thread-15.html

Originally Posted by less than 3mph

If you haven't already read the unbelievable story of how he acquired his GT3, here is his post on that (definitely worth a read): https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post12570622.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:06 AM
farfromcommonGT3
Rennlist Member

Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

Originally Posted by Z356
That is not Audi's 'Nardo Gray'. That is Porsche's 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'.
And that '15 gt3 belongs to user 'farfromcommongt3' here on Rennlist who
has modified it (as you can see).

https://rennlist.com/forums/newreply...e=1&p=12713443

I know 'Nardo Gray' well. I have an '16 Audi RS7 ordered in that color
& it's a different hue. Trust me on that. Besides, 'Nardo Gray' has not
been requested, or approved, as a PTS color at Porsche.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
You and >3mph are indeed right! Thanks for letting everyone know about my little project! Unfortunately or Fortunately rather these are my last days w her as I have just gotten the chance to get my oddball dream car, and as much as I love this car, I can't pass it up. With my PTS RS due in 5 weeks (!) I can't afford all three, yet I can have two, and as much as I LOVE the GT3, and the 991 over the 997 for aesthetics and tech, I had a special connection with the 997 speedster, and have now been given the opportunity to acquire one. Better still, it's WHITE, even more rare than the pure blue, and I have been killing myself about what to do. I figured that while owning two PTS GT 991s would be so special, unfortunately as special as the GT3 motor is, and how unique this car is, I had a unique and special experience with a 997 speedster with my father, and I consider this opportunity, with these cars becoming scarcer and scarcer, not one to miss. I also HATE convertibles for all the compromises they require, but unlike any other convertible it doesn't rattle or shake, and after driving it today, I want to surprise my father and get it for the both of us! I also figure that with the RS coming so soon, and the values on the GT3 so strong, that I can get out of this car to a unique and discerning enthusiast, while still in its just post break in state. I was going to list her in the classifieds this evening, but I'm still so torn as it has been my favorite project car I have ever had. I can't wait for the RS, which I will be sensitively modifying, but not nearly to the extent which I modified this car. Thanks again Daniel and Eduardo, and I'll put some shots up of the Speedster and RS when I get them!

C
Old 10-30-2015, 03:22 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

^Very cool! I'm sure you'll never regret getting the white Speedster. A true unicorn. And can't wait to see the PTS RS either. Are you still going with grigio telesto? BTW do you have confirmation that production is on schedule? It might be one of the first PTS RSs to arrive. It sounds like a lot of others have been seeing significant delays. Thanks for the update and looking forward to photos!
Old 10-30-2015, 07:20 AM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Originally Posted by <3mph
Exactly, this is farfromcommonGT3's highly modified Fashion grey GT3. We saw it during RRV. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...thread-15.html If you haven't already read the unbelievable story of how he acquired his GT3, here is his post on that (definitely worth a read): https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post12570622.
Sorry I've not heard of Fashion Grey. I have a RS5 and I have never seen a 911 in that hue before. I stand corrected. Thanks for the enlightenment, I'll review the thread to see how he got that awesome car and color combo! BTW, I love my Audi RS car, your RS7 is a pure monster!
Old 10-30-2015, 07:21 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by farfromcommonGT3
I can't wait, but unfortunately the start of this love affair means the end of the love affair I had with the Fashion Grey / Greymode GT3. Its truly been my favorite car ever, and it only speaks to how appreciative I am for my father that I would give it up to go into the Speedster. Its still a bit surreal really. I also was even more picky when it comes to the Speedster, as I HAD to have a sport design steering wheel, lest I lose the deviated stitching on the steering wheel. Why I can't just be ok with having any optional spec I will never know! I have turned down 3 white cars because they all had the multifunction wheel and the sirius / xm antenna. Both total do not pass go, do not collect $100 options for me as they both aesthetically and functionally affect my enjoyment with the car. This car had my holy grail spec of NO options haha, especially not the fire extinguisher

Daniel: I AM still indeed getting Grigio Telesto, and I have a dealer delivered date of 12/10. The car is a VIP allocation, so I would guess the delivery date is positively affected by that detail. I also know that now before the end of the year, RS' are landing all over the place, be it standard colors, or even the so called rush PTS colors. I will definitely keep you guys updated on this space, and I CANT wait. Its a bummer I don't have the funds, because I would love to keep the Fashion Grey, The Telesto RS, and the speedster, because they all have their own character. I also believe the GT3 to be a MUCH prettier car than the RS. To that end I am going to do some aesthetic mods to the RS (painting ALL the plastics on the exterior, front wings, exterior engine cover, 3/4 intakes, all lower valance, side skirt, and rear valance elements in body color to match the calipers which I am going to paint in Telesto as well to complement the satin black wing end plates, wing supports, and the forthcoming HRE's in satin black as well)

I really appreciate both Your (Daniel) and Eduardo's help, as it has emboldened me to keep coming with these unique GT cars, and I know that the RS is going to be my car for a LOOOONG time.

C

A white Speedster!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:20 AM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Wow, farfromcommongt3's is epic thanks Daniel and Eduardo for the PTS education. I will definitely consult with you guys on PTS issues going forward. I did not know of all of the options beyond the RS orange, Miami, voo-doo, and such. Truly eye opening. What part of the country do you guys live in? Atlanta has a great Porsche crowd but you guys are really taking things to the next level my God that Targa was gorgeous!! When are you posting your GT3 for sale farfroomcommongt3?
Old 10-30-2015, 12:52 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that speedster is awesome. if you don't end up buying it - i will

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS