Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS 60 SPYDER official rennlist registry

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 12:53 PM
AlphaGa
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nathan Merz of PCA gives a great presentation of the history of the 987.1 (05-08) on utube including the red taillights. Can't tell by the pic and the shade but your original light may have crystalized a bit allowing more of the white to show. (Below pic is original taillight) In any case, Porsche has these in stock and can replace. As far as damage, you should be able to see from the underside what occurred. Nathan talks about what to look for on another of his videos. For me, I'd focus on big ticket items like the frame underneath, any oil residue, break and wheel damage. The advice given to me on the engine was to listen to it for any odd noises and thoroughly review the underside for oil residue. (and you can always pay for the testing which I forget the name) Not that $35,000-$50,000 isn't a large number to pay but it's not like buying a new 911. Having owned much nicer Porsches and comparing, this is a much more fun car to drive and especially to drive on mountain roads.

Old 04-12-2024, 04:24 PM
CoffeeBeige
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info! Moot point, I guess, as the dealer told me they've already sold the car. Maybe the new owner will pop up here sometime soon! And I'll be keeping my eye out. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2024, 10:40 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by CoffeeBeige
Great info! Moot point, I guess, as the dealer told me they've already sold the car. Maybe the new owner will pop up here sometime soon! And I'll be keeping my eye out. Thanks!
Are you in the market for a super clean RS-60 with a manual trans? Let me know.
Bob
Old 05-15-2024, 01:14 AM
rezilient
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone see that RS60 for sale at Lexus Woodland Hills (California)? It’s #581 and has over 98k miles. Tempting for the price but they don’t have any service records available and worried there could be bore scoring at that mileage. Anyway I’m probably going to pass but interested to see if a forum member can grab it!

Quick Reply: RS 60 SPYDER official rennlist registry