Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: 981 Spyder Buyers: What allocation build date did you receive?
June 2015
0.97%
July 2015
3.88%
August 2015
1.94%
September 2015
15.53%
October 2015
17.48%
November 2015
9.71%
December 2015
18.45%
January 2016
3.88%
February 2016
8.74%
March 2016
13.59%
April 2016
3.88%
May 2016
1.94%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

981 Spyder Order Tracker Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:30 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
how often do you get to have beautiful red interior in a porsche, without paying a premium for it?

you are paying $2590 for it….
Old 07-15-2015, 06:10 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
you are paying $2590 for it….
ok, ok... looks like i should be more specific. normally getting a red interior costs more than the regular leather option. now, it actually costs LESS than the black leather with contrast stitching, and the same as leather with black stitching. I find this to be an unusual "gift" from porsche... or maybe i've drank so much of their koolaid that i'm looking at it wrong.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:39 PM
dusten.anderson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in your same "predicament" (god these are such fictitious problems to have)... and you just solved my question which i also asked me SA "how much to change the trim with the red interior".

As I would never pay $2000 to have the aluminum or carbon trim, I am still very happy with the red. how often do you get to have beautiful red interior in a porsche, without paying a premium for it? While the black is nice, it's relatively dull even with the contrast stitching, and the red/black combo with the red trim where the hoops/firewall are really offer something unique and premium. Don't worry about the silver trim...although, if it bothers you you can always spec rhodium or gt silver on the outside to get it to match better.

i'm stuck on rhodium/agate or jet black.. leaning towards jet black.. but red interior is for sure... those LWB seats in red look just amazing.
I'm with you CAlexio! The red interior is really calling my name. The more I look at it the more the black w/stitching looks dull. I still have no idea whether I can get LWB or whether I can change the trim yet. My SA is still checking. Either way, I think I'm going with the red interior with the Carrara White Metallic. Even if I end up with the 2-way seats and the Silver painted trim. I really don't think the trim will look bad in silver on a white car.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:18 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

The 1953 speedster I grew up with in the driveway had a ruby red interior. The car was all original/old, the white paint almost gone to chalk but the red interior really kept its color made that car that much more special. This new red/grey interior we're getting is really nice, looks bespoke. This is my first new Porsche. I'm wondering if we are going to get natural leather? Probably not since they would probably specify it was such in the literature.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:55 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGYQNWL9

Any opinions on the visuals of this build?
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGYQNWL9

Any opinions on the visuals of this build?
I like the color deviation, very bold.
Only add on that makes me say hmm is the racing yellow PCM and air vent slats.
Seems too much to my eyes, fwiw.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:11 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
I like the color deviation, very bold.
Only add on that makes me say hmm is the racing yellow PCM and air vent slats.
Seems too much to my eyes, fwiw.
Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't so BOLD and I hope I don't regret it. My order is entered as Rhodium/Red, but this was my runner up. I love the blue yellow combination - reminds me of the beach.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:29 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts
Default 981 Spyder Order Tracker Thread...

Thoughts on a jet black car, red interiorSilver seatbelts to match the aluminum trim, and… wait for it… Red painted wheels to match the rotors underneath. Easy to gloss red plasti dip or paint once I take delivery.

Painted wheels cant just be the purvey of Rs cars
Old 07-15-2015, 09:44 PM
tbc417
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random question my cars scheduled to go into production later this month..... but shows an expected build completion date of 9/4..... Don't cars normally take around a week to build? Is the august vacation slowing down the build process? Anyone have any ideas
Old 07-15-2015, 11:07 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Thoughts on a jet black car, red interiorSilver seatbelts to match the aluminum trim, and… wait for it… Red painted wheels to match the rotors underneath. Easy to gloss red plasti dip or paint once I take delivery.

I agree that the options on wheel color are very limited from the factory but easily remedied.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:02 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Black is my favorite color or absence of color or whatever. Since the car already has a lot of black components regardless of the color you pick, I feel black is a great choice/match. I would pick black and yes, the Red interior will look excellent with Black. My last two cars were black so that is one reason I'm not going with black and there are others: it shows dirt/dust/streaks, collects heat, and it diminishes the visual cues and the contours a little bit. I personally like the Stealth qualities of a black car.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:29 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
This new red/grey interior we're getting is really nice, looks bespoke. This is my first new Porsche. I'm wondering if we are going to get natural leather? Probably not since they would probably specify it was such in the literature.
Per the configurator description:

Leather interior package in two-tone combination featuring Garnet Red natural leather and black Alcantara. In addition to leather interior package in Alcantara: entire door trim. Centre console main storage compartment lid completely in Alcantara. Dashboard trim strips, doors and centre console in GT Silver Metallic
Old 07-16-2015, 07:04 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Playing with the 3d config. and simple Black with the Red interior is by far my favorite build. Looks good with both the top up and down from all angles.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:10 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by il pirata
Per the configurator description:

Leather interior package in two-tone combination featuring Garnet Red natural leather and black Alcantara. In addition to leather interior package in Alcantara: entire door trim. Centre console main storage compartment lid completely in Alcantara. Dashboard trim strips, doors and centre console in GT Silver Metallic
Thanks for that!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:04 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

My build http://www.porsche-code.com/PGII1785 I will have brought this one into the world in three months! Can not wait!

Can I just say those that can get an all black car are so lucky.

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Order Tracker Thread...