Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: 981 Spyder Buyers: What allocation build date did you receive?
June 2015
0.97%
July 2015
3.88%
August 2015
1.94%
September 2015
15.53%
October 2015
17.48%
November 2015
9.71%
December 2015
18.45%
January 2016
3.88%
February 2016
8.74%
March 2016
13.59%
April 2016
3.88%
May 2016
1.94%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

981 Spyder Order Tracker Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
Oh..tough choice.
Love the spyder in yellow.

The extended interior package- it adds alcantara to the bottom of the door only?
The extended interior package - adds it to center section of the door. If I am looking at it accurately.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:22 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

I am leaning towards GT Silver
Old 07-13-2015, 12:42 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Done! 5% down and order in the system as of this morning. I went with the Rhodium Silver and Red Interior with the Bose entertainment pkg. Plain wheels with the color emblem. I also added safety bars in body color as well as dynamic headlights (PDLS) with the cleaning system in red and side intake ports in red. Reversing camera, dual climate control, 2 way heated seats (I'm 6'3" and need the extra inch of space). And there it is!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:23 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 973 Likes on 591 Posts

Working on a build right now- what are the std headlights? PDLS price is reasonable (for Porsche that is) but I like the cleaner look without washers.

PTS is now available too!!! Decisions decisions
Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Working on a build right now- what are the std headlights? PDLS price is reasonable (for Porsche that is) but I like the cleaner look without washers.

standard headlights are the hid w/ black
Pdls -adds swivel and (i think) slightly brighter bulbs.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:14 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 951 Posts

Update on my PTS order... Was informed from the Exclusive Studio that PTS will add 4 months to my existing November allocation. So I'm looking around April... Perfect timing for nice weather! Might take my 987 Spyder off the market until then?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by navanoD
Update on my PTS order... Was informed from the Exclusive Studio that PTS will add 4 months to my existing November allocation. So I'm looking around April... Perfect timing for nice weather! Might take my 987 Spyder off the market until then?

I've not gotten confirmation yet, though I fear it will be about the same time.
Going to be a very long winter

Might as well enjoy the spyder, though I'd add the stripes and see if you can get a better price.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:58 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skl

How did you get this?
Old 07-14-2015, 11:17 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 951 Posts

Knowing that my PTS Spyder will be a March build, that means that there will be another batch of allocations coming. PTS is currently open for the GT4 and Spyder, but the question is for how long???
Old 07-15-2015, 12:49 PM
dusten.anderson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an order in for a spyder. Build date September with delivery in November. I am really having trouble deciding on what interior to choose from with Carrara White Metallic exterior. I currently have the Black leather/alcantara with red stitching configured, but I keep going back to the Spyder Classic Red interior. It seems like the consensus on the forum is that this interior wouldn't look good with a white exterior due to the unchangeable interior trim in GT silver metallic. I am about to ask my SA if there is a way he can talk to Porsche exclusive to see if I can keep the classic red interior but change the trim to either painted white, black brushed aluminum, or carbon fiber. My question is what do you guys think? Can the spyder classic interior go well with the Carrara white metallic exterior? I'm also going to ask my SA if I can specify LWB seats as well. I currently have 2 way seats specced. I'm not sure if I can, but I'll try. Let me know what you think?
Old 07-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dusten.anderson
I have an order in for a spyder. Build date September with delivery in November. I am really having trouble deciding on what interior to choose from with Carrara White Metallic exterior. I currently have the Black leather/alcantara with red stitching configured, but I keep going back to the Spyder Classic Red interior. It seems like the consensus on the forum is that this interior wouldn't look good with a white exterior due to the unchangeable interior trim in GT silver metallic. I am about to ask my SA if there is a way he can talk to Porsche exclusive to see if I can keep the classic red interior but change the trim to either painted white, black brushed aluminum, or carbon fiber. My question is what do you guys think? Can the spyder classic interior go well with the Carrara white metallic exterior? I'm also going to ask my SA if I can specify LWB seats as well. I currently have 2 way seats specced. I'm not sure if I can, but I'll try. Let me know what you think?
I think it will look awesome with the Spyder Classic red interior.
My $.02
Old 07-15-2015, 01:27 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by dusten.anderson
I am about to ask my SA if there is a way he can talk to Porsche exclusive to see if I can keep the classic red interior but change the trim to either painted white, black brushed aluminum, or carbon fiber.
I got a quote for a little over $2K to change the interior classic paint trim from GT Silver. So yes it could be done but stupid expensive considering that every other interior option the paint trim matches the exterior.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:36 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
I think it will look awesome with the Spyder Classic red interior.
My $.02
I too think the Red Interior would look Awesome with the White Exterior. I also think the BGT Silver Trim will look fine and doesn't need to change with the White Exterior. This is just my opinion. You are going to have to live with the car but I don't see a problem and actually think it will look great.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:21 PM
dusten.anderson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses. Tough decision still. I have my SA looking into it. Thanks for the info Il Pirate. $2,000 seems really steep to change the trim color. I wonder how much to change to Carbon? Maybe an even $5,000.... Haha. I think it all depends on whether I can live with the red interior day in and day out. The black interior is safe, but with this car, I'm not sure safe is the way too go. I too think it will look great. The configurator pics make the red look awesome with the white exterior, but the configurator is not the best representation. Here are my pics for inspiration
Attached Images          
Old 07-15-2015, 03:41 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

I'm in your same "predicament" (god these are such fictitious problems to have)... and you just solved my question which i also asked me SA "how much to change the trim with the red interior".

As I would never pay $2000 to have the aluminum or carbon trim, I am still very happy with the red. how often do you get to have beautiful red interior in a porsche, without paying a premium for it? While the black is nice, it's relatively dull even with the contrast stitching, and the red/black combo with the red trim where the hoops/firewall are really offer something unique and premium. Don't worry about the silver trim...although, if it bothers you you can always spec rhodium or gt silver on the outside to get it to match better.

i'm stuck on rhodium/agate or jet black.. leaning towards jet black.. but red interior is for sure... those LWB seats in red look just amazing.

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Order Tracker Thread...