968 Forum 1992-1995

Fun ride last Sunday with the turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Fun ride last Sunday with the turbo

So I got together with DiREWOLF for a fun ride. He brought his AW cabriolet and I showed up in my turbo. We went a drive up RT15 in Nothern NJ. Bruce picked a beautiful curvy route that we both thoroughly enjoyed.
Fortunately, Bruce had a camera rolling for a while. Here is a 2 minute clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Pm_0LTKsE

Regards.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:08 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great vid Raj

I like your fly past at the start ... the sound of the wind with no engine noise in Bruce's car when filming is strange though - sounds like a hang-glider in the wind

Cheers,
Mark
Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mark, Bruce had an awesome setup by his A-piller. I think the sounds got messed up a bit but I run the factory exhaust so the car is not loud.
We had just got on the highway when the video started. Then we went through the twisties (1:30 to 1:50 in the clip) and Bruce told me his foot was fully planted at 5k rpm coming out of the last turn when I got past him. It was a lot of fun.
Regards.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
future
Banned

Yep that camera must be something special ... with no judder it looks like the road was surfaced with Sand Paper

I bet that run has influenced you to keep the Turbo but if you do sell, what do you think you'll end up jumping into?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by future
Yep that camera must be something special ... with no judder it looks like the road was surfaced with Sand Paper

I bet that run has influenced you to keep the Turbo but if you do sell, what do you think you'll end up jumping into?
Mark, I doubt I will ever sell. It took years to bring it all together and it would be impossible to do it again (Parts NLA) so chances are, I will hold on to it.
I hardly ever drive it (maybe 1k a yr) and sometimes you tend to forget how much fun the car is. One drive and I am back in love. I plan on doing the suspension this winter and possibly the CS seats in matching leather.

If and a big IF I ever do sell it, I would then have to get either a Fcar (360) or Lambo. That could be a few yrs.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:33 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

very nice Raj. love the background.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by odurandina
very nice Raj. love the background.
Thanks Allan, that was all Bruce. He spent quite a bit of time finding a good route to run.
Raj
Old 10-28-2010, 05:41 PM
future
Banned

Mark, I doubt I will ever sell.
Now that's what we all like to hear

The F360's are a great buy now and much fun to drive but you do need to run with wider tyres upfront as there is a huge tendency for them to oversteer ... having said that, I’ll repeat there a lot of bang for the buck and I do not see price going down much further in the years to come.

Forget the Lambo's though ... they look great but have far too many inherent problems (not through experience, only reading it has to be said).

Did you read about/see the vid of the Gallardo crash at the Texas Mile a few days back: http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/27102010/36...i-crash-0.html how he walked away is simply a miracle.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by future
Now that's what we all like to hear

The F360's are a great buy now and much fun to drive but you do need to run with wider tyres upfront as there is a huge tendency for them to oversteer ... having said that, I’ll repeat there a lot of bang for the buck and I do not see price going down much further in the years to come.

Forget the Lambo's though ... they look great but have far too many inherent problems (not through experience, only reading it has to be said).

Did you read about/see the vid of the Gallardo crash at the Texas Mile a few days back: http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/27102010/36...i-crash-0.html how he walked away is simply a miracle.
Yeah, the guy seemed like a funny guy but bot that flip had to have wiped the smile off his face. That was scary at 254 mph in a mile.
Most probably it would be an Fcar but like I said, I am very very happy with my car. I put my heart and soul into it. She is running great and is a blast to drive.
Raj
Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

15 is a fun road with some major elevation changes, and you can usually see far ahead so fast running in spurts is pretty safe.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Probably a weird question but...do you know what windshield wipers Bruce has, or can you ask him? They are the one-piece spring steel type (like Bosch Icons or Rain-X Latitudes), rather than the old-fashioned cantilever type, yes? I've been trying to find a set that will fit my car, but the local auto parts store has nothing...seems the hook part on the end of our wiper arms has too large a radius to fit the modern blades, or something.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:08 PM
ylw944
8th Gear

Nice
Old 10-28-2010, 08:14 PM
DiREW0LF
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JDS968, the wipers are just the standard type.

Damian, come spring you should come with us for some drives We didn't go very far up rt15, we went out Weldon Rd then wiggled our way to Beaver Run Rd which is a great set of twisties. I'm trying to figure a route to include those roads as well as going to High Point via rt23 and Clove Rd to the west of High Point.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 128 Posts

very cool although too much traffic. i hate when the bikes pull out!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
DiREW0LF
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH, and as for the camera. Its a Go Pro Hero HD and it has great stabilization.

Quick Reply: Fun ride last Sunday with the turbo