968 Forum 1992-1995

968 performance cams.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDude1
Here is a link to charts he posted before other mods.
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...no-sheets.html
The dyno used gives higher numbers than a Dynojet, Mustang, or Dynapak.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He asked for charts, I gave the link.

Anyway...
Old 12-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

He asked for charts, I gave the link.

Anyway...
Without 'before' charts it's all just random numbers.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Here is a link to charts he posted before other mods.
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...no-sheets.html
As was discussed in that thread, Fox's (didn't know his name was Dino) and Pablo's cars were run on a dynocom. Fox himself states that the dynocom reads higher than a dynojet, which is higher than a mustang. Pablo's cardomain page lists what is posted below.

POWER REPORT:
1. DYNOCOM, Aug 12, 08: 246.5 RWHP
2. DYNOJET 248 : 225.0 RWHP (estimated)

Based on this information, I would say that they are getting around 225 to 230 rwhp based on dynojet numbers (more members are familiar with this dyno). This a very reasonable number given their mods and are similar to my numbers (227 rwhp), which I have posted many times. I'm not knocking RSbarn, the 17 rwph that I gained over stock was purchased from Pete
Old 12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to try to get my car to a dyno in the next few months. Hopefully I can get someone else with a relatively stock 968 to come out the same day.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:57 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Lemming, for sharing the information. That is exactly what Wil claimed that they were able to extract as well. Those numbers are definitely reachable and would not make it the most powerful NA 968 as stated.
Milledge was able to get over 30hp on his engine dyno by using his modded head and cams. As per our conversation, they were able to get 265hp on an engine that did not put out the full 236hp on the engine dyno.

Raj
Old 12-23-2009, 07:08 AM
frogisland
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a car in the UK with RSB cams and head work, flowed throttle body, cleaned injectors, slightly higher FPR, aftermarket exhaust with race cat, air box mod and live mapped producing 267bhp (flywheel) (i think it was 232 rw - does 35 bhp loss sound right?) - posts occasionally on THAT site under UKCS. The live mapping was performed by what is probably the UK's best mapper on a very reliable dyno.

A couple of us on here know him, he doesnt post charts etc because of the heated discussions they cause, mean little to him other than before/after comparisons and is sensitive to declaring/discussing mods. His car was quite healthy power wise before the head mods using a Promax chip, exhaust, air box mod.

I have experienced the car and it delivers alot of the power/torque further up the rev range and is more suited to the race track where it has spent alot of time.

Last edited by frogisland; 12-23-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: additional content added
Old 12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Moook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frogisland
There is a car in the UK with RSB cams and head work, flowed throttle body, cleaned injectors, slightly higher FPR, aftermarket exhaust with race cat, air box mod and live mapped producing 267bhp (flywheel) (i think it was 232 rw - does 35 bhp loss sound right?) - posts occasionally on THAT site under UKCS. The live mapping was performed by what is probably the UK's best mapper on a very reliable dyno.

A couple of us on here know him, he doesnt post charts etc because of the heated discussions they cause, mean little to him other than before/after comparisons and is sensitive to declaring/discussing mods. His car was quite healthy power wise before the head mods using a Promax chip, exhaust, air box mod.

I have experienced the car and it delivers alot of the power/torque further up the rev range and is more suited to the race track where it has spent alot of time.
Yes i too know of this car + have had first hand experience with it + the owner.
As you say, its NOT about figures, its how the car feels / performs on the road...
You can have a car that "supposedly" pushes out 300bhp, but if it doesnt do it in the right places , ie where you need it, its pointless.
BHP figures are ok if your a "pub talker"....+ it makes you feel good / big....
Old 12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Often a car that is setup for the track suffers losses at the rpm's where most of us spend the bulk of our time, it's much harder to dyno tune gains across all revs.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Moook
Racer

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Often a car that is setup for the track suffers losses at the rpm's where most of us spend the bulk of our time, it's much harder to dyno tune gains across all revs.
Damien.
It depends how good the dyno chap is.....
Old 12-24-2009, 12:43 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
That is very questionable, especially for a car without dyno sheets of hp before mods. It is too easy to make 250rwhp when you start with 225rwhp.
As far as being the most powerful NA 968's, there is a world that exists outside our forums. There are plenty that don't care to post on forums.
Raj
Very true, kind of sad, but secrets like to be kept.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Moook
Damien.
It depends how good the dyno chap is.....
Just going by what you said

You can have a car that "supposedly" pushes out 300bhp, but if it doesnt do it in the right places , ie where you need it, its pointless.
BHP figures are ok if your a "pub talker"....+ it makes you feel good / big....
Old 12-28-2009, 05:17 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Originally Posted by savvas944
Just checking a new thread
Has anyone tried higher lift/duration cams on the 968 coupled with better airflow and chip/and or jigher flow injectors, and a 3 inch straight through
exhaust system?
Yes and as you can see its not "pleasant" subject matter on this forum. Every setup is different, so every result is going to be different. Staying out of it....
Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
savvas944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see what you mean,
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 968workaholic
Yes and as you can see its not "pleasant" subject matter on this forum. Every setup is different, so every result is going to be different. Staying out of it....
I've never once had anyone jump all over me when I've posted my mods and dynos, even though most of my HP mods have come from RSbarn. Maybe the difference is that I have posted dynos from stock form up through my various modifications and have been more interested in my gains than the actual number (although the actual peak rWHP is what sets my racing class limits). I for one want to encourage everyone to post mods and changes in rWHP.

Quick Reply: 968 performance cams.