245+RWHP Dyno Sheets

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Fox944
to address a few things.
4. Raj has challenged me to a Dyno day and then backed out. If he or anyone is interested in doing a Dyno Day. I will be more then happy to put my car on a Dyno. Any Dyno in the tri-state area. Pick the shop, the Dyno, and the date. I will make it happen. Bring your car to compare.
-Dino Omeragic
Funny...
This is what I posted:
Originally Posted by 968TurboS
BTW, you claim to have the most powerful NA 968. Care to setup a dyno day? I will bring mine, you bring yours?
Maybe we can get a few other folks as well. I figured you are local
Raj
People can decide for themselves if it was a challenge and if I was going to set it up and then backed down.
Jeez..
Raj
Old 03-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
As I mentioned, see what I said in post #22. Let me know and I will try and meet all of you guys. Just make it a fun dyno-day.

I'd rather see pistols at 10 paces. Afterall, the ...

Old 03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lemming
I'd rather see pistols at 10 paces.
My offer still stands, even if it is serious business. Should I pull out my old 944T 3.0L 8V dyno chart, and start a competiton for some big BHP numbers.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:25 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

My offer still stands, even if it is serious business. Should I pull out my old 944T 3.0L 8V dyno chart, and start a competiton for some big BHP numbers.

LOL.
I don't think many here know your previous ride .
Raj
Old 03-15-2009, 06:29 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

revival of the 944 turbo threads, please no? LOL Who was that person who use to trash all your stuff?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob, i answered what a Dynocom Dyno is in my long post. Dynocom's are arguably some of the best dyno's for several reasons & really good for tunning. They will typically read higher #'s then DynoJet Dynos...which read higher then Mustang Dyno's. A lot of shops are going with Dynocom Dyno's today because of the high quality, feature content and bang for the buck.

Tim, Hopefully i will get my car on a Dynojet soon, this way you can compare apples to apples. Both cars have all the parts your car has and then some. They are two diff. set-ups however and have several differences as well. shoot me a PM so i could give you my #. I'll go over several of the details with you. Are you going to Hershey?

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Funny...
This is what I posted:

People can decide for themselves if it was a challenge and if I was going to set it up and then backed down.
Jeez..
Raj

Raj, You asked me to set up a dyno day (sounds like a challange to me) and said you would bring your car. I told you to set it up, i will gladly come out and play. Pick the Dyno and the day. We went back and fourth, i then asked you to PM me a few times so i could give you my contact info and i would set one up to satisfy you. I am still waiting for your PM. If you would like me to set one up and invite you, then PM me, lets exchange #'s so we can discuss the matter.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:59 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SpeedBump
revival of the 944 turbo threads, please no? LOL Who was that person who use to trash all your stuff?
No names will be mentioned! And here is my old dyno sheet, even though it is a turbo. My old ride was a 944T - 3.0L 8V. Some of you guys may remember this. In this particular run, the car was set at a conservative 18 PSI, on pump gas, and put down 460 RWHP. We had serious A/F issues on this run, but later on it was prefect - with the right MAF and chips set. How does this TQ look, not to shabby and it was very usuable, even more so after the tune. It was more responsive after we installed a Wasted Spark system as well. Anyway, Dino my sincere apologies, I didn't mean to take your thread OT, I just wanted to have fun with you guys, no harm intended. Back to Dino's program, and I will buy everyone a round too at the dyno shoot. Set a time and date here, for everyone to see.

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Rob,

No Worries and no need to apologize. That is a very nice Dyno sheet. I may have a 951 soon as well, but that is a whole other story.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

I really do not like to get involved in this kind of "debate", but as an FYI:

1. The chart is for No. 68 race car's motor. The intent of the setup and tune was not to obtain maximum peak horsepower. We set up and tuned to maximize Horsepower and Torque across the RPM range used in race conditions. That is, maximizing the curve area under these two curves, ideally, in a cumulative manner (Torque curve values + HP curve values). Peak HP numbers could have been substantially higher, but at the expense of Torque and RPM range/target among other things. Unfortunately, peak Horsepower alone does not win races...

2. Obviously, the Dynocom numbers are real. My "estimate" for the Dynojet equivalent, is just that, an estimate. In my opinion, a conservative one, but still just an estimate based on no real scientific equivalency testing.

Nice Dyno Chart Rob.....

Best regards,

Last edited by pmcrespo; 03-18-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
2. Obviously, the Dynocom numbers are real. My "estimate" for the Dynojet equivalent, is just that, and estimate. In my opinion, a conservative one, but still just an estimate based on no real scientific equivalency testing.

Best regards,
Pablo, I assumed that you would have actual dynojet numbers given their requirement in GTS, which does not recognize either Mustang or Dynocom numbers for classification.

If you have any dynojet graphs please post them up. I'm not interested in who has more rwhp, but I would like to see how all the RSbarn mods and tuning compare to just the stage II chip, header and open exhaust. I'm assuming that you and Fox are both running Pete's cams and the stage III chip?

Here is the last dyno run on my current engine (values are SAE corrected as required by NASA).
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Tim,

Stage 2 chip, header, exhaust, & airbox mod put down approx 225RWHP on the same dyno. I will post a sheet for you later this evening. So these cars are making significantly more power then a Stage 2 Car.

niether car has a stage 3 chip. They are both Dyno Tuned with custom maps, as they both have other modifications done in addition to the cams/header/exhaust/intake.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Giacomo
Pro

Originally Posted by pmcrespo
... We set up and tuned to maximize Horsepower and Torque across the RPM range used in race conditions. That is, maximizing the curve area under these two curves, ideally, in a cumulative manner (Torque curve values + HP curve values). Peak HP numbers could have been substantially higher, but at the expense of Torque and RPM range/target among other things. Unfortunately, peak Horsepower alone does not win races...
+1, Yeah, what he said...
Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Here is a Dyno sheet for a 968 with a fresh head, Header, full Exhaust, air box mod, & stage 2 chip. Same Dyno/same shop.

223.9RWHP & 222.3lb/ft

Both mine & pablo's car made over 20RWHP more then this car.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

You sure can lay claim to finding a dyno that gave you the highest output NA 968 that has ever been posted, LOL.
Congrats!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

I'm still waiting for that PM so we can have that Dyno day you talked so much about.

BTW...Thank you.

And there is more to come. I will post up Dyno #'s from a Dynojet as well as 1/4 times as soon as i get my car to the dragstrip again with my latest set-up.

The same Dyno that my car as well as Pablo's was tuned to 245.6RWHP was used to dyno a Stage 2 car with 223.9RWHP (which is in line with what other's have been getting with the Stage 2 set-up).

Quick Reply: 245+RWHP Dyno Sheets