968 Forum 1992-1995

245+RWHP Dyno Sheets

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I'm still waiting for the dyno day to be posted 'publically' so we all can go, and I'll buy a round. Pick a month and a day, and I will try and be there. Enough talk, set a date and let's go. I think I am going to buy that 968 which is for sale now, dump tons of money into it (not turbo it) and beat all of you guys. I will then proclaim to have the fastest 968 n/a around, with a sweet TQ too, period!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you buy one, you can contact me if you'd like details on my set-up. I would love to see more 968's with as much or more power then mine.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Fox, thanks for posting.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Tim, et al:

We did some pulls back in late April / early May of 08 right after I completed Comp School. I believe the motor with the basic minor mods pulled 209 on a Dynojet. I don't have the charts. At that time I was hoping to run GTS2 at the 14.5 ratio. I believe I just had a cat back, air box, and a generic (Stage I) chip. If I recall correctly, it showed about 1-2 points off on the A/F at different points and the motor had a weeping head gasket compliments of a failed water pump in the last few laps at comp school. Running the 285/18 R6 Hoosiers on the rear.

It was thereafter, in the process of preparing for the 08 GRM Hankook UTCC, corner balancing, and weighting the car, we decided that it would be almost impossible to stay in GTS2 with the car weight as it was. So we just pulled some stops and decided to go for GTS3 car and have a few extra ponies for the UTCC (for which we threw in a full header and a couple other things in a few days).

After I came back from UTCC, the full set of planned complimentary mods took place, leading to the custom tuning session at the Dynocom unit, and the numbers being discussed in this thread.

I should have Dynojet charts for this season soon (by end of May). Completely different motor with somewhat of a unique set of mods. I will certainly post those so we can compare curves. I am hoping that it betters my numbers from last year.

But in the meantime, Fox's combination is certainly running well.

I am in for a fun Dyno Day...! But truth be said, all I want is getting closer to that GTS3 sweet spot Power to Weight ratio of 11 regardless of how I get there. So far, it seems I will need about 240 rwhp on a Dynojet. And, little by little, we are getting closer....
Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lemming
Fox, thanks for posting.
Tim,

Anytime. My goal is to see more 968's reaching levels of power (n/a & streetable) that were said to be unattainable in the past. Please feel free to PM me for my contact # if you would like more details on my car. You have a track car, so i presume you are/will be running lighter wheels then my 18" hollow spokes & no cat. With a similiar set-up you should make even more power.

We are going to try a few more things as well, to see if we can get even more power out of the car.

I cant express how happy i am with how far my car has come in the last 3.5 years, and all the time and money certain individuals have put into getting these cars there (including myself). If you are going to hershey, please feel free to touch base with me.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Pablo,

My car was sitting exactly where I wanted it for GTS3 before making some upgrades this winter (968 brakes, rotors and 17"s). Unfortunately this increased my overall weight even though I removed some steel and added fiberglass. I'm still on the good side of the GTS3 curve.

I competed in the first UTCC at VIR, got 3rd in IS-JV (like I see you did in 2008). Hopefully we can go head-to-head this year at VIR and then stick around and run the NASA sprints on the weekend. We need to put a 968 engine in the #1 position of the UTCC

For 240 rwhp, are you planning on adding weight to your car or is the weight listed on your cardomain site without driver?

Fox,

Will talk to you at some point, but won't be making any changes to the engine that is currently in the car. For next year, who knows. I have two trashed engines that will be turned into one good one for next year. No Hershey for me, too far.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Nice to be sitting on the good side of the curve. Your ride is very fast which is great! I remember seeing how well you did in that first UTCC. We could have done it in 08, we were so close to putting one on the top podium...

I just came back from VIR. First ever visit with the intent to learn the track (Schattenbaum PCA Event) And I think my only before UTCC (if I do get invited). Poured down rain all weekend. The funny thing is that the race car was not ready, and someone rear ended my truck 2 weeks ago. I could not trailer anything. So I had to default to Plan C. Tracking the rental Hyundai Sonata! I have to say, it became the tool to have for the weekend... The thing was flying around the course. LOL... I did not give a single point-by on Sat or Sunday... Awesome track...

The listed weight is without driver. I am basing the calcs on a 2,700 race weight.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Last year I was sitting at 11.06 , not quite so good this year, but still close. Is your car up on the UTCC site? I need to get on and give you a 5-star rating. Mine is at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2574674 so everyone needs to log on and give me some love I would hope that we both get in based on our 3rd place finishes.

For me the first year was tough as I had never done the course that we ran, and the cut off was critical to a good time. To boot, the honda's that kicked my butt were both local and they had home field advantage. I'm currently trying to determine when I can get up to VIR for a practice round on the full course. It would be really cool to have both of our cars in the competition.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Tim; The "Road Atlanta T1 Episode" in you avatar! awesome! Car looks stunning! Great job. My car is not up yet on CarDomain. Will shoot to do this weekend. I gave you lots of love! 10 stars worth of love total...

Same story as 08 UTCC. We got beat by an S2000 and Tage Evanson in his Civic (10 power to weight). Both great local drivers as well. We'll try again this year. You'll probably have the faster car so, if you don't mind, I'll just follow you around the track! Them pesky Hondas in UTCC and those slippery M3s in GTS3.... and the chase for power and lap times continues...
Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those slippery M3s in GTS3...

Pablo, well guess what's going to be like in GTS-4 for me! I could never get my car down to GTS-3 at this point...and now I'm on the low end of GTS-4...getting whomped mostly because of experience though, but at least I've got something to work on that won't cost so much...just seat time!

I've just signed up to race with PCA, and I've been put into their GT2S category...again, I'm on the low end, and I just know that I'll get creamed at Limerock April 24/25...but, it's all about the learning process and fixing my own pace little by little!

When is your car going to be ready to run?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

I'll be short as I don't want to continue hijacking Fox's Dyno thread...

Lots of fast cars indeed in GTS-4 Jason. Nonetheless, the incremental time gap between GTS-3 and 4 is significantly less that 2 and 3 (goes to show diminishing return!) so hopefully with enough seat time you'll work your way back to the front. I am taking the same approach this year. Seat time for driver and car development mainly, with hopefully enough consistency to have a decent run at points at the end of the season... Good luck in GT2S... Let me know if you ever need crew/help at a PCA event... if I can make it, I'll help...

I am shooting to start sorting things out at NJMP April 9th and 10th at Thunderbolt and Lightning respectively.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Pablo, feel free to hijack. I'm easy. And besides, i'm enjoying reading these posts. :-)

Quick Reply: 245+RWHP Dyno Sheets