Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

DEUTSCH NINE launches NEW Motronic upgrade for 968

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
pazzer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if someone has it and is willing to post up their findings spot on thats an impressive result 20 km faster, would you be willing to divulge your previous chip 968norway or pm me if you like or send to pazzerelli@yahoo.co.uk very interested to know. regards chris, i can see your point raj and i salute you for outlaying the expenditure for these tests for others to benifit, good luck and looking forward to your results. chris.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:05 PM
968norway
Advanced

Well, clearly it was a mistake mentioning another aftermarket chip, but anyway. Pazzer, I have seen you on the UK site, some history there. It would be nice if someone did a real comparison, rolling roads are rare and costly in Norway, so my impressions are seat of the pants. Have to say when I first bought the car it was underwhelming, no wonder they didn't sell.

The ca. 20 kph was from autumn to spring, consecutive track days so to speak. Same tires, same driver, the only other difference was M030 ARB's which probably let me corner faster. A friend was with me in the car both times and observed that the car seemed faster, more aggressive. A friend with a 993 4s has commented that my car moves pretty good.

I expect there will be a problem with the CEL, since we don't have those in Europe. When we hook it up to a bosch hammer, there is a big DME error. Though I have been assured by the producer that this is normal.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Promax was able to get rid of the CEL issue, so I imagine Deutsch could do so as well.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
951rs
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all

I'm quite surprised by how dramatically this thread took off.
I am well aware of the predilection of certain users in the 968 forum and therefore don't want to add fresh fuel to a quarrel, I'd prefer referring to facts which I'm sure we will get soon.

However, thanks for the "neutral" postings in this thread and especially Raj's willingness to do the testing which is truly appreciated.

I just had a chat with the engineer that has programmed our chip and discussed the possible issues raised at the beginning of this thread:

Emissions: Following the tests on ROW cars the vehicle will pass emissions with even better results than stock, the same will be applicable on US cars.

CEL: This is an issue purely related to the programming of the Motronic on US vehicles. The Motronic checks all emission relevant equipment and this includes a check sum in the programming. This check sum is no longer matching when the chip is remapped and will cause the CEL to go on (with any performance chip).
The developer knows 100% how to get around the issue and fix the check sum in order to resolve this issue.
It involves freezing the chip at its current stage of development and 1.5-2 days of programming though so he first wants to see how much interest we get in the US market before he wants to invest his time.

I therefore suggest we go ahead with Raj doing the testing using a current chip and if he is fine with both performance gains and especially power development we will make sure that the CEL issue is resolved (freezing the chip and resolving the CEL issue will NOT affect neither performance nor power development nor emissions). We can guarantee that this will be the case, otherwise we will simply refund the money...

Cheers

Beni
Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well done and well said.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Moook
Racer

Keep up the good work .
This could be interesting. Im watching + hoping for GOOD results.....As i expect are LOTS of others.....
Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

That would impressive... 260 to 265 hp on a stock engine!!!! I have about 250 hp at this point (crank...estimated 15% dl loss) so 260-265 would be significant.

Mike
Old 06-03-2008, 10:48 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Beni - Thanks for such specific feedback. Glad you were able to find the important issues amongst the noise.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Jim_K
Rennlist Member

Beni.....to help you guage US interest, if the tests come out positive, I'd buy one if the CEL issue is resolved. I'm sure there are others.

Cheers.

Jim
Old 06-04-2008, 05:59 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_K
Beni.....to help you guage US interest, if the tests come out positive, I'd buy one if the CEL issue is resolved. I'm sure there are others.

Cheers.

Jim
+1
I already spent the $$ on a Promax chip but have not installed it yet. I would sell it and use yours if it does what is claimed.
Raj
Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 AM
pazzer
Advanced

hey Raj if the chip does what it says on the tin, i would imagine you would be hard pushed to sell that promax chip, everyone would want the deutch nine one lol, regards chris.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pazzer
hey Raj if the chip does what it says on the tin, i would imagine you would be hard pushed to sell that promax chip, everyone would want the deutch nine one lol, regards chris.
Chris, the chip came with a 30 day money back so I still have time . I am not too worried. Andrew is a stand up guy and its only a small amount.
Raj
Old 06-05-2008, 11:17 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Raj,

When/where have you scheduled the dyno comparison testing?

Richard
Old 06-06-2008, 12:13 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Richard, it will be at Paddock Performance. I still need to schedule something. I am waiting for the chip to arrive before I make any arrangements.
Raj
Old 06-06-2008, 01:19 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Raj,

Just sent you a PM.

Richard

Quick Reply: DEUTSCH NINE launches NEW Motronic upgrade for 968