Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

DEUTSCH NINE launches NEW Motronic upgrade for 968

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't 'have' people send me his posts, someone just did-good examples of hypocrisy usually end up in my mailbox, though. Like the one calling out bad typists was sent as well, that was truly hilarious. I guess I'll probably get threatened again with a lawsuit by copying the post!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:26 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Oh, and it's 'through' not clearly shines threw. Your buddy who can't be bothered to use the shift key had a funny rant about grammar mistakes as I recall-better watch yourself!
I guess he is not on ignore as you would like some to believe.

Raj you personally have an ISO cert?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Like the one calling out bad typists was sent as well, that was truly hilarious.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:43 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeez, nothing like taking a sponsor's thread way off topic. Start a new topic if you all want to discuss this bull**** or better yet, shut the **** up.

Good luck with your chip Beni.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

I'm doing Beni a favor; he knows what's ahead if his chip comes out a winner-it was the wrong dyno, the transmission fluid wasn't the same temp, blah blah blah.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

This is all so old and tired.

Thanks Beni, for working on a solution for our little band of semi-forgotten Porsches.
Thanks Raj, for offering to test Beni's chip.
Thanks Bob (Flash), for reminding us that manufacturer's claims are just that, and that dyno tests are subjective and can sometimes be full of errors. (albiet on a different forum as this type of childish crap - and not just from him although he alone was punished - got him banned here)

So let's just wait to find out answers to several important (and legitimate) questions:

1. Is this chip a significant enough upgrade from existing models to justify a much higher price?
2. Will this chip pass US emissions?
3. Will this chip have problems with the US spec CEL?

I, for one, hope that the answers are YES/YES/NO.

Oh, and while I'm at it: Thanks Don Hassenbein for being a great 968 Advocate and managing to rise above the sort of nonsense reflected by many of the posts in this thread.

Last edited by rpm's S2; 06-02-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

You hope the chip doesn't pass emissions? And people get themselves banned, others don't do it for them. I agree with the comment on Don; he knows how to run a event. Loved how he handled the Boxster incident at the Hershey event.

Good luck Beni as well.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Oops! Good catch. It should have been YES/YES/NO (fixed it).

I only wish the best for our European cousins.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't quite understand why some people are so much obsessed with numbers ...

Why should numbers outweigh the overall driving experience ?

If people want power why do they even bother with a NA 4 cylinder engine ?

I know I would fit any (decently & safely programmed) chip that would improve the overall driving experience, regardless of PW/TQ numbers, especially if I had the opportunity to try it for free.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:09 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

In the past some chips have actually degraded performance. Some early versions of chips, that eventually were very good, created emissions-control problems in US-spec cars. This is the reason for good testing before purchase.

Please don't confuse questions with criticism... if it is as good as it sounds that would be great! But we have been down this road before (as you might notice from some of these posts).
Old 06-03-2008, 12:57 AM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Beni,

Just wondering how this chip differs or exceeds the performance of the Firehawk chip used in the 968 racecars for that series back in '93 & '94?

Richard

P.S.: I'm not concerned about emissions.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:12 AM
pazzer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure this company means good about this chip, BUT dont you think that the companies that have allready produce chips for this car have looked into all possible solutions to gain the best performance, yet some 14 years later someone comes up with the idea that the chips were held back a bit because of the tiptronic model, come on guys do you think porsche would hold back when they could have produced more, its not as though the 968 was in competion with their main seller the 911, is it except the rs and turbo s versions. imo very sceptical, but im willing to be shot down in flames if it turns out to be true, all the best benni and your team, regards chris.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:23 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris, that is why I offered to test. This would clear any doubts and would put the product to test. I am even considering adding other chips to the test now.
I know someone who is running another chip that I might add to the test.
Raj
Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 AM
968norway
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2 cents, I have the chip in my car and the car is completely different. This is in comparison to a typical aftermarket chip. The pull in 2nd and 3rd gear is impressive. On the track, I was making 20 kph faster at the end of the long straight. Feels more like a proper sports car now.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 968norway
My 2 cents, I have the chip in my car and the car is completely different. This is in comparison to a typical aftermarket chip. The pull in 2nd and 3rd gear is impressive. On the track, I was making 20 kph faster at the end of the long straight. Feels more like a proper sports car now.
Thanks for the positive feedback. If it's anything close to what it sounds like, it could be a good thing for a lot of us. That is why I would like to test it and see for myself what it can actually do.
regards.
Raj

Quick Reply: DEUTSCH NINE launches NEW Motronic upgrade for 968