Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

DEUTSCH NINE launches NEW Motronic upgrade for 968

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pazzer, this is John D.'s gang, and we like it that way.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 AM
biotechee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correction... It is IB's gang now... For better or worse.

No need to send me any links to threads over at Forums. I'm a poster there and can find anything myself if needbe.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
StewHatch
Racer

Raj has been a tremendous help to anyone who's needed it. I'm certain that I wouldn't have attempted most of the work on my car without his encouragement. Many would dismiss my car as a perpetual project, but Raj has stuck by me and with his help I've managed to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think the same goes for a lot of others: we can't forget his detailed DIY contributions. He's almost always the first guy to offer to ship a badly needed part or offer sage advice. This dyno/chip test is an extension of that and until someone else volunteers to make this happen in his stead, we have to be patient and respect the fact that he's volunteering his own time and effort for the benefit of everyone looking for these answers. So what if he has any bias' - IMO I think he's earned that right. This site wouldn't be what it is today without the level of participation from all contributing members, including Raj. Bottom line, we have to remember the guy has a career and a family that demands his full attention before any dyno runs and chip tests. My $0.02.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:23 AM
pazzer
Advanced

not denying any of that stew, as i have said i applaud the guy for his efforts, but when i simply asked why the dyno results didnt happen,its like read the thread more carefully, we had a major storm that day, its like he bit my head off, when none of the posts mentioned a tropical storm as such just some rain, so i had to be sarcastic to give it him back, as for the chip results i dont really give a damn anymore because i have sold the 968, and you ait going to get a huge increase in power without turbo or supercharging these fuc^&*^ anyhow, you guys take things to heart too easily, just my £0.02p worth. regards pazzer.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
rdhayward
Racer

Why should the dead deny the living tuppence?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 AM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a lot of respect for a guy who can take his engine/heads/trans or whatever apart and put it back together and have it work right the first time...and even have the confidence to take the car on long trip shortly after the rebuild. Raj walks the talk. I wish the mechanics I've worked with around here were as good.

I'll never be as good at wrenchin' as Raj...and I've given up on Porsche mechanics within 250 miles of where I live...so I do most of my own work now. And Rennlist is a treasure trove of informed information.

In most groups, there is one who stands above the others. For 928s it's Wally Plumley. For me, there are very few better than Raj on 968s. Neither of those guys will give you any BS. Admittedly, in both camps there are also others who excel at different kinds of Pcar work.

Rennlist is worth every dime it costs to be a member. The money I've saved by gleaning information from Rennlist 968 has saved me a LOT of money...so I use it to buy other goodies for the car.

I admit that opinions are like navels...everyone has one. That's my opinion.

While I'm at it, a lot of people tried to talk me out of the B&B exhaust. I'm on my B&B about 4 years now and I'm still loving it. It still looks practically new and sounds as awesome as ever. These are great cars. I've watched the prices drop a bit on 968s since I bought, but for me, the personal value I derive keeps going up. I guess I lucked out. Knock on wood, hardly anything ever goes wrong on my 968. I almost sold it once. I'm glad I didn't. I detailed it last Sat and it looks close to new. I detailed the 928 today. It's not bad either. Great cars. But I can understand that if one bought a car that hadn't been regularly maintained, it might not be so. I wasn't as lucky on the 928. It's nice but high maintenance so far. That'll change eventually.

Gotta stop rambling....I had such a scare when I changed from the stock chip that to the RacerX that I'm not sure I want to change out again...but Raj's tests may help color my feelings. He has no vested interest in promoting one chip over another. I am surprised though, that he'd go to the expense of testing various chips on the dyno...that's not cheap to do around here. If each of us PayPal'ed him some money, that would take the edge off his hassle and rolling road cost. What he learns may save us some money, eh?

H2
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
pazzer
Advanced

any news yet on the comparision's or has this issue died a death, been a good 7 months or more, just wondering........... pazzer.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon. There was a time when I was ready and couldn't get the chip. Then everything was all set and the weather didn't agree, then I couldn't find the time and now the fiscal climate is such that its not a priority for me.
I thought I already posted this on another thread. I guess you missed it.
Hope you bought your 968.
Raj
Old 02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
pazzer
Advanced

Thanks for the update Raj, i agree the climate financially is rather poor at the moment, as for buying a 968 no go im afraid, sold my track 968 back in july last year, with a loss of 30k, but hey live and learn i say, my next venture at the moment is saving for a e46 m3, had enough of porsche's for now, parts are to dear, and theres not much you can do to a 68 for huge power increases without spending mega money.... although i still love the lines of the 68. all the best with yours, regards chris.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I did keep D9 folks in the loop about my decision and they whole heartedly understood. Looks like things are no better on your side of the pond either. Lets just say, I worked for the company they decided to make an example of, lol.
I love E46 M3's. They just need to drop 400 lbs to be perfect .
Good luck on your search.
Regards.
Raj

Quick Reply: DEUTSCH NINE launches NEW Motronic upgrade for 968