European 968 racing website

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 150 Likes on 81 Posts
Default European 968 racing website

I stumbled across this today while sufing a German message board, and thought you guys might enjoy it. Part of the site is also available in English:

http://www.medialas.de/mem/

I am in no way affiliated with this company - don't know them, and have never heard of them before.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another performance site that has several products to make a car safely rev past the stock red line-guess they all know what they're talking about, having proved it on the track.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are offering new camshafts instead of regrinds and titanium valve components to allow revving up to 8500 rpm. The prices are not cheap but I have not found these options anywhere else.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

True, the point I wanted to make is that like Milledge they believe you need to modify some valvetrain components if you want the engine to not grenade at elevated rev limits.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:05 PM
flash968
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or at least they want to sell you their stuff

since the stock lifters are hydraulic, it makes sense though that, if you want to go past 7500 for very long, you need solids
Old 03-08-2006, 08:01 AM
John Etnier
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting: they use the 'flimsy' KLA strut brace on their race cars...
Old 03-08-2006, 11:21 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Could possibly be a customer car. They are using a bunch of different cars for pictures. I still call it "flimsy", sorry if it hurts your feelings....
I have seen both in person, have you?

Raj
Old 03-08-2006, 12:30 PM
flash968
Banned

it may not look particularly rubust, but it's as stong as the rest of the car can handle - the sheet metal it connects to is the weak point from there, not the brace - there are nicer looking braces out there, for sure, but nothing that works any better, regardless of the materials or design - unlike some others, i also have not heard of any of the KLA units breaking or bending, so it appears to be as strong as anybody has been able to push it

that being said, i would still like a prettier one - something like the factory unit would be cool
Old 03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
John Etnier
Rennlist Member

Yeah: it's a shame the Dynatech thing fell apart: they did look very nice. Raj- sorry: nothing personal meant by the post.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:23 PM
dynatech
Instructor

John, I wouldn’t call it falling apart, we just got sick and tired of dealing with this type of bull**** from people who dont know as much as others think they do,

Flash, we had one fitment problem with Damians car the only other fitment problem turned out to be Installation error, so before you go shooting that huge mouth of yours off get your bloody facts right, I know you were aiming that towards us to continue bad mouthing us even after we have stopped producing that damn thing, why not ask pete at RSBarn (your new Buddy) what he told me about the brace that he now sells or maybe he has changed his tune now that you are pushing "his" stuff,
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
flash968
Banned

i am not looking for a fight with you

actually, i deliberately did not mention yours by name, because i didn't know the conditions or circumstances of the problem - yours is not the only brace i've heard of having issues though, so don't feel singled out - i chose not to name them either - i stated only that i have not heard of the KLA breaking

i am not "pushing" anybody's stuff - i endorse products that work better than the competition, or have some advantage in price - it doesn't really matter to me who it is

the only problem i ever had with yours was the price - i merely thought you could have sold more if they were priced closer to the competition - that was your choice though - i said my piece on that a long time ago, and have not said anything about it since - that you formulated yoru own opinion as to my thoughts on the unit, without the benefit of ever talking to me, or that you feel persecuted, is a problem between you and your bartender

for the record, while i don't see the functional advantage, given the engineering data available, and the construction of the car, i do see the cosmetic advantage - if it was closer to the $150 of the other unit, i would have bought one - the look just wasn't important enough to me at the time

and i have no idea what unit pete is selling - perhaps i will ask him now though - thanks for the tip
Old 03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Clem
Racer

KLA
Old 03-08-2006, 06:05 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Scott, you should have played it smart. You should have sent flash a free strut brace, In return you would have had numerous promotions and woohoo's from him on every site possible, every minute possible. Makes total business sense.
I think your product was great, its a shame that it is off the market now.
Regards.
Raj
Old 03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Raj,
No it’s really not a shame, (for me anyway). I actually found time to throw my own 968 back together and get it on the road again after a year of it sitting there, and I must say I have fallen in love with the 968 all over again, Its been very nice to have Sundays off, my wife has actually started talking to me again,
Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Wait you used your time for personal pleasure instead of making all of the orders for us. Shame on you. We look forward to you getting tired of listening to your wife and building bars again.

Mark

Quick Reply: European 968 racing website