Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

European 968 racing website

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:41 PM
flash968
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have people sending me stuff all the time - some for review - some as a result of endorsement agreements and sponsorships - some as a result of advertising arrangements - i've had my cars and myself sponosored for decades by dozens of companies - in no case do i say anything i don't believe - i would prefer to buy something rather than have to settle for a lesser product just because it was free - i don't need free stuff - i have a relatively unlimited budget when it comes to this car, so that does not play into any coloring of comment

sending me something assures only one thing - if i like it, people will hear about it - if i don't, they'll often hear that too

by the way, and for the record, i bought both my exhaust system from pete, and my strut tower brace from kla, just like everybody else - there were no agreements or arrangements with either, so perhaps checking facts before making accusations without foundation is in order - my endorsement of those products is based entirely on their performance and my satisfaction with the products and the vendors

i have no such experience with dynatech, and therefore have no comment on them or their products - from what i've seen and heard, i think their brace is fine, and certainly attractive - my only real comment was with regard to my personal opinions on the marketing- it's too bad they quit - perhaps if the price was lower, they could have nailed the market, and still be expanding - perhaps even outsourcing and using automation - who knows? that's their choice for their reasons

i do understand about the free time though - the projects i'm involved with take a lot of time, and i'm not in business for that - perhaps he will revisit this later
Old 03-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Scott, just call the stb a chassis stiffener, that's all.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:43 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Funny, I guess you are ok with very high prices from other vendors. Same double standard as usual.
Raj
Old 03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
John Etnier
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just very sorry that my mention of the KLA brace has ignited this tiresome flamefest.

Anyone want to talk about the site itself?
Old 03-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

too funny 'there are nicer looking braces out there, for sure, but nothing that works any better, regardless of the materials or design' followed by ' i have no such experience with dynatech, and therefore have no comment on them or their products' Sure reads like you're saying the Dynatech brace is not better than KLA.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
flash968
Banned

i have no idea where you guys draw these conclusions, but i have to assume a large bottle is involved - since i have no interest in another pissing contest with you, and since that is all you seem to be interested in, i will close with this:

go back and reread what i wrote without inserting your own ideas - read it verbatum

as far as pricing goes, if there is competition, then i would have the same marketing thoughts, regardless of product or vendor - in fact, i have had that conversation with pete too - basic marketing says it is unwise to price things higher than the competitive market will bear if you want all the sales possible if you seek exclusivity, then that is different - if you aren't after all the sales, then that is different - in the case of pete's system, there is no competition, so of course i have no problem paying his price - no double standard at all

as i said, not frunctionally, no i don't think the brace is any better than the KLA - i find that highly improbable, given the weakness of the chassis mounting point itself - in another car, perhaps, but not in this one - that does not mean that i am in any way desparaging the dynatech brace - quite the contrary - as i have always said, if cosmetics are a concern, then it is the more appropriate choice currently available (or at least was) - if it was priced closer to the KLA, i would have chosen it instead - i quite possibly still would, and even contemplated getting in on the group buy, until i read the recent posts on it and the cancellation - i still want something more attractive myself

Last edited by flash968; 03-09-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:26 AM
dynatech
Instructor

Pete,
Your right, sorry, all I said was why not ask you about what you had told me about the brace seeing how you and flash been talking a lot lately, I said nothing else about the products you sell (which is very exciting for all of us), I have not stated that you have given anything away, but you are right the private discussions we've had are just that, private. that was a cheasy thing for me to say.

Flash,
Again it just show's how much you dont now, how in the hell do you think we could get the cost on the brace down to close to the cheap brace, you dont think we used CNC machines, you dont think we searched around for cheaper vendors, you treat us like we are Idiots, the design and the material is what made it expensive, Next time I will be sure to get you involved from the get go, just to be sure we are doing everything right and its approved by you.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:20 AM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by flash968
for the record, while i don't see the functional advantage, given the engineering data available, and the construction of the car,
What is the "engineering data" that you have available that leads you to this conclusion? Have you actually measured the deflection of the shock towers under load?

Are you saying that there is no functional benefit to adding a strut brace or a
am I misinterpreting you?
Old 04-08-2006, 01:05 PM
flash968
Banned

misinterpreting - i was saying that i saw no advantage of one brace over the other, and that the car itself ws the limiting factor there - there is a site that has the data for the brace - i didn't need to measure anything
Old 04-14-2006, 02:20 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Where is the site that has the engineering data for the strut brace?
Old 04-14-2006, 06:01 PM
flash968
Banned

a good deal of it is at the kla site - the rest i got straight from ken
Old 04-14-2006, 06:55 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

thanks. good info there.

Quick Reply: European 968 racing website