968 Forum 1992-1995

Info on this 968 turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:28 AM
gman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on this 968 turbo??

I was looking around on the pca classifieds and I bumped into a turbo 968. It is owned buy a racer (well known?) in Canada. I couldn't find anymore info on the car....specifically engine drivetrian info and pics. The guys name is JACQUES RIVARD. Check it out on the pca web page under race cars for sale...it was listed on 10/15/04 for 48K US.

Raj???

Graham Rippel
Old 11-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Graham, if that's the yellow car it's not a turbo from what I remember. It was built by Ludwig Heimrath, the car who built Rajs.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

OK, it's not the car I thought-this is a blue turbo, but was raced by Ludwig Heimrath too. Ol Ludwig seemed to really like 968's!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one?

http://www.rivardf1.com/hclass.html

Regards
Chris
Old 11-08-2004, 03:29 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

That's Alberto from PR's car. Unless he made a few examples or there is typo, this car should not be owned by anyone in Canada. It was sold 2 yrs ago to Alberto Zaga.
Raj
Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 PM
grants_968
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kit_Chris
Curious what they are asking. Nice to have valuations.
If anyone knows, please email me.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2004, 09:38 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

That is a very old Ad. Atleast 2 years if not more. This car is now owned by Alberto and he should have it for the 968 celebration next year. He also decided to take it up an extra notch. I just spoke to him on sunday and he still owns it.
Raj
Old 11-14-2004, 11:40 PM
alberto1
AutoX

Default 968 turbo 3.4lt

Hi to all:

As Raj said, this is my car. It is a 3.4 liter engine 16 valve and turbocharged.

When I bought the car the DTA engine management system was not properly setup so I sent the car to a tuner in CA that distribute the system. After 1.5 years the tuner, due to his distributing part of the business booming, never got to do the tunning so last month I moved the car to a different place to get the DTA setup. I have being promised the car will be ready in a couple of months, so I'm confident I will have it ready to take part in the different events next year.

Like the ad said the car is a 16 valve, 3.4 lt turbocharged car. I'm planning in running the car at 15 psi which I believe with a displacement of 3.4lt, big injectors, properly sized turbo, huge front mounted intercooler and every major system upgraded including the cooling, oil and exhaust systems, clutch with single mass lightweigth flywheel, brakes and suspension should result in a very serious ride.

I look forward to test the car at the track during DE's.

Alberto
Old 11-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds REALLY nice Alberto,

Wish you were out here on the East Coast so we could run together. My car is a 3.0 liter 8-valve turbo conversion.

Jason Judd
Old 11-15-2004, 10:17 AM
alberto1
AutoX

Hi Json:

At some point in time the car will have to come back to Puerto Rico, probably through the port of New Jersey. I will let Raj know when I'm in town and hopefully coordinate to do a DE on a track close by.

Alberto
Old 11-15-2004, 11:19 AM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Alberto,

Please excuse my total ignorance about your beautiful island (only visited once several years ago), but I'm wondering whether you have any tracks (road race courses) to run your P-cars on in Puerto Rico?

I thought I saw a road race broadcast from P.R. earlier this year and it appeared that the course was set up near a port or harbor.

Ciao.

Richard
Old 11-15-2004, 11:57 AM
alberto1
AutoX

Default Racetrack in PR

Hi Richard:

We have a lot of racing going on here through out the year in two permanent racetrack in PR. One is a 2.25 mi and the other one is a 1.8 course inside a hotel development together with a water park.

The race you saw in Speedchannel was last year last round of the 2003 Trans-Am series and the Speedchallege Racing Series. It was called the Puerto Rico Grand Prix and took place in a temporary course in a municipal airport in the capital of San Juan, next to the San Juan Harbor.

I happened to race a normally aspirated 968 in the local support race in the
T-2 class during that weekend. It was a breathtaking site to race passing by the cruise ship(Sovereign/Majesty? of the Seas) in the harbor. Once in a lifetime experience.

No one knows if it will ever happen again?

Angel
Old 11-15-2004, 12:08 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, that's the race I saw - very exciting. I remember seeing the cruise ship in the harbor. As a matter of fact, my paralegal & her husband just sailed from Puerto Rico last evening on a Carribean cruise!

Are those two tracks very busy? Do any driving schools (like a Skip Barber) operate at either course? Is there a PCA region for Puerto Rico? How tough is the hot, humid climate on your cars?

I've got a bunch more questions, but I don't want to be a pest. Thanks.

Richard
Old 11-15-2004, 12:59 PM
alberto1
AutoX

We do have a PCA chapter and a BMWCCA chapter. Both do DE. No dedicated driving school like Skip Barber here. We also have the more race oriented groups. The Solo1 group does 6-8 events per year and the top group is the CCCPR club which perform 6-8 race events per season.

Yesterday we had the next to last CCCPR event. On Dec 3,4,5 we have the endurance event. A 3 hours race for the GT classes and 1 hour race for Street Touring.

Heat and humidity are indeed factors to consider. Car cooling systems have to be in top shape. In the Gt classes most drivers use cooling suits even for the 30 min races. In Street Touring 30 min races are no big deal for the drivers. I could take 1 hour without straining myself and will lose 10-12lbs weight during a race weekend. Sold the n/a race 968 last Dec. after almost winning the class championship(missing 1 race kept me from winning overall)

Hopefully I will do some DE in CA before shipping the car to the east coast and do some more over there during the year.

Don't mind answering your question!!

Angel
Old 11-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Alberto, are you bringing the car to the 968 Reunion and Hershey next June?

Quick Reply: Info on this 968 turbo??