964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Looking for 964 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 04:45 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Today I counted 28 1991-1994 Turbos for sale on Autotrader. I think one or two of them were being offered for under $100k.
Wow.
Wow is right. It doesn't seem like all that long ago you could count them on one hand.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:40 AM
mr. rpm
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes quite a few 964 turbos on the market currently but the real question is how many of those are exceptionally good? I think I know the answer....
Old 01-09-2017, 09:48 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mr. rpm
Yes quite a few 964 turbos on the market currently but the real question is how many of those are exceptionally good? I think I know the answer....
Slim to none?

Interesting that Hagerty has finally figured out that the true #1 MY 94 turbo can fetch up to $345k or more with the fair conditioned car worth only $129k. They had them clumped together for so long. Apparently they are learning it is all about condition and not model.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve

Hey, question for you guys. The original window sticker for that car says "heated mirrors". Do we all have heated mirrors by default for our cars? I recall reading somewhere that Porsche directed some heat through tubing to heat the mirrors. Plus I also did not think it was a specific "Option".
I've had my driver's mirror off of my car and I don't recall seeing any power leads that go to the mirror glass so I'm guessing it was an option.
Not sure how Porsche had it positioned (standard or optional) but some heated mirrors. There is no tubing etc.. but the glass is energized by two leads that run from the mirror harness.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by onboost
...but the glass is energized by two leads that run from the mirror harness.
...as are all heated external mirrors in automotive applications.
As I said, I had my mirrors off but didn't recall any power leads connecting to the mirror glass but I must have connected them per this wiring diagram:
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2017, 01:33 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Wow,... put some Aerospace303 on that tail rubber!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsche...m=222407912795

Currently found Qty 11 3.3 Turbo's (1991 & 1992) for sale here in the US. Did not scrutinize each.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:42 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow,... put some Aerospace303 on that tail rubber!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsche...m=222407912795

Currently found Qty 11 3.3 Turbo's (1991 & 1992) for sale here in the US. Did not scrutinize each.
Damn, that things baked in the sun awhile!
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

No helping that. Needs to be replaced. I have a product that would make it look good for a month or two ( can't get it in CA) but eventually that will look as dried out as it is.

A lot of scary stuff on the market. It reminds me of when i was looking for homes back in 92. Everything was the left over crap that people overpaid for just a few years earlier and the good stuff people battled over.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:53 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
No helping that. Needs to be replaced. I have a product that would make it look good for a month or two ( can't get it in CA) but eventually that will look as dried out as it is.
Hmmm, maybe mine wasn't too bad.
I wiped it down with lacquer thinner to removed the oxidized layer of rubber and have treated it with Aerospace 303 3-4 times a year for 10 years now. It doesn't look new but it doesn't look bad either.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:37 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Hmmm, maybe mine wasn't too bad.
I wiped it down with lacquer thinner to removed the oxidized layer of rubber and have treated it with Aerospace 303 3-4 times a year for 10 years now. It doesn't look new but it doesn't look bad either.
Probably not that bad to begin with. I use the same approach and it usually works. I like the 303 for average condition stuff. I don't think this car saw the inside of a garage for the last 100k miles. Although when they get that dried out it is tough to get the finish to back. It is nearly gray it is so dry.

There are so many things going on with this car i wouldn't know where to begin. The A/C hoses might be a good place. I bet it blows cold air. LOL
Old 02-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Here you go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Porsche...m=311798419651

I don't know about this special ordered car. Weird build if this is true.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:56 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Here you go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Porsche...m=311798419651

I don't know about this special ordered car. Weird build if this is true.
?????

Something is going on here. Is it me or are the calipers painted red over the black. It looks as though they taped over the lettering and painted the rest red. I have seen the turbo S flachbau in this color and it looked different to me. But who knows. I also wonder what is going on with the hood. WHy is it so poorly aligned if it only has 717 miles. Also someone cut the front carpeting to put the tech art camber bar in and I doubt the tech art lights are factory.

There is a plaque on the air bag passenger side. If it says anything why no picture? I guess if there is some truth it will find a buyer but I am not so sure.

Besides 308 would make it the second to last 3.3 imported not the last so deduct $100,000. LOL
Old 02-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

?????

Something is going on here. Is it me or are the calipers painted red over the black. It looks as though they taped over the lettering and painted the rest red. I have seen the turbo S flachbau in this color and it looked different to me. But who knows. I also wonder what is going on with the hood. WHy is it so poorly aligned if it only has 717 miles. Also someone cut the front carpeting to put the tech art camber bar in and I doubt the tech art lights are factory.

There is a plaque on the air bag passenger side. If it says anything why no picture? I guess if there is some truth it will find a buyer but I am not so sure.

Besides 308 would make it the second to last 3.3 imported not the last so deduct $100,000. LOL
You would think if they are asking that type of $$$ they would provide documentation on the special wishes order etc...
Also didn't know you could order Speediness from the factory in 1992?
Old 02-14-2017, 12:30 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

????? ... I also wonder what is going on with the hood. WHy is it so poorly aligned if it only has 717 miles.
I don't think the hood is poorly aligned. I believe it is the long single piece rubber seal along the entire length that rises up & slightly over top of the front edge of each fender.

Mine does the same thing. I never noticed it when standing up close, and then a RL'er mentioned the same thing about a different car & I stepped back to look at mine.
It has the same illusion.

But you are right,.. the calipers are strange with that black behind the letters.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:18 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
You would think if they are asking that type of $$$ they would provide documentation on the special wishes order etc...
Also didn't know you could order Speediness from the factory in 1992?
Agreed!!!

I discounted thinking that if you had contacts you might have been able to order them since they were standard on the 92 ROW TurboS. Atlhough if they were period correct the valve stems should be at the spoke vs the later style that moved the valve stem between the spokes.

I don't think the hood is poorly aligned. I believe it is the long single piece rubber seal along the entire length that rises up & slightly over top of the front edge of each fender.

Mine does the same thing. I never noticed it when standing up close, and then a RL'er mentioned the same thing about a different car & I stepped back to look at mine.
It has the same illusion.

But you are right,.. the calipers are strange with that black behind the letters.
Actually a factory aligned hood should allow you to run a string along the hood and fenders so that there is almost no gap between the string and any panel. This is clearly at least 3/8' or more on the right and a little less on the left. I suspect something is amiss but without seeing it in person it is only speculation.

I also just noticed that it is a Tech Art front splitter and not a factory unit. No doubt this was done later.

It might be a nice car but for this money a lot of research needs to be done. Also if the owner does not have all records and the original window sticker I would have to question what this car is all about. You would think if it was show car that everything would have been saved and documented.

Is it me or does it look as though the license plate plugs have been painted over? Also the shell oil sticker is in the wrong place and appears to be the larger Car bone version.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Looking for 964 Turbo