964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Looking for 964 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:44 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by onboost
BWE Steve, that's a good shot of your car with Anthony's! ...
Thanks onboost. All 3 of us (BadBoys1 too) got some really nice pictures as the sun went below the tree line, all the shadows appeared, and all the other people & cars dispersed the grounds.

Have fun with that Turbo S tribute. Sounds like fun!!
=Steve
Old 03-30-2017, 08:17 AM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Sounds cool.
If I had circus money my car would already be an "S" replica. It leans that way now except I didn't gut the interior, strip the chassis and add those cool vents (yet)
S splitter, wing, steel vents added. Number of small fitment issues corrected and full window -out repaint w/new rubber etc..
Fresh dash recover with deviated stitching, alcantara headliner, leather and alcantara Carrera door panels, seats, and rear seat delete with Turbo stitched into the carpet.

Engine & suspension were modded by TPC sometime ago.

Fully polished 3.6 wheels.. I think he got a really good deal on them as they were almost new, still clean on the backside.

I'll post a few pics when I find them again..

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Thanks onboost. All 3 of us (BadBoys1 too) got some really nice pictures as the sun went below the tree line, all the shadows appeared, and all the other people & cars dispersed the grounds.

Have fun with that Turbo S tribute. Sounds like fun!!
=Steve
Its been fun and somewhat amusing as well. He get's pissed because he feels there has been not enough movement.. but its usually because he shows up with more parts/money and wants to make changes or additions that cause disassembly of something that's previously been assembled.. and yes, we've sat down with him and drawn-up a plan/design of what he wants. Out the window!
Its fine however, at least we have an understanding that all mods will be tasteful and nothing gaudy!

Thx
Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

S splitter, wing, steel vents added. Number of small fitment issues corrected and full window -out repaint w/new rubber etc..
Fresh dash recover with deviated stitching, alcantara headliner, leather and alcantara Carrera door panels, seats, and rear seat delete with Turbo stitched into the carpet.
Where were you able to find an S rear wing?
Where did you find metal vents?
What are you doing for seats? Using replicas of the Recaros or using Pole Position seats?
IMO, these three components are almost like unicorns.
Any leads would be appreciated.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:40 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Where did you find metal vents?
What are you doing for seats? Using replicas of the Recaros or using Pole Position seats?
IMO, these three components are almost like unicorns.
What year S are we talking 92 or 94? I believe he will have a hard time sourcing a real S wing although Mark S said he might have found the original manufacturer to make 94's up. I still have mine which I believe is the only one to still exist but the big problem is sourcing the shrouds that are different for the turbo S wing vs the stock wing. Although the 92 S wing is quite nice.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:20 PM
hchan911
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Jack Ford from Euro pros has been working on my car and about 75% completed
Front splitter and Foglight from Techart, S wing Leichtbau (copy version), steel vents and Speedline wheels(from Porsche dealer), Recaros Position. New rubber, gasket etc..
Fresh dash recovers with red stitching, new headliner, S Carrera door panels, and rear seat delete with Turbo red stitched into the carpet. Here a few pictures.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
What year S are we talking 92 or 94? I believe he will have a hard time sourcing a real S wing although Mark S said he might have found the original manufacturer to make 94's up. I still have mine which I believe is the only one to still exist but the big problem is sourcing the shrouds that are different for the turbo S wing vs the stock wing. Although the 92 S wing is quite nice.
The '92, the good looking one
Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hchan911
Jack Ford from Euro pros has been working on my car and about 75% completed
Front splitter and Foglight from Techart, S wing Leichtbau (copy version), steel vents and Speedline wheels(from Porsche dealer), Recaros Position. New rubber, gasket etc..
Fresh dash recovers with red stitching, new headliner, S Carrera door panels, and rear seat delete with Turbo red stitched into the carpet. Here a few pictures.

Looks great!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Hchann, that is going to be nice.
Were you tempted to remove the sunroof during the re-paint?
Are you going to do any engine mods?
I love those seats. Are they the Recaro replicas?
Old 04-02-2017, 10:13 PM
hchan911
Instructor

Hchann, that is going to be nice.
Were you tempted to remove the sunroof during the re-paint?
Are you going to do any engine mods?
I love those seats. Are they the Recaro replicas?
Mike Levitas from TPC Racing did a full rebuild and adding some goodies to the engine "while in there" with a JRZ suspension few year ago.
Jack did a full restoration including removed the sunroof to replaced the new cables, seals and for the Recaros Position seat, I bought it used from the guy who has retired from racing then re-upholstery to match two tone interior.

Before

After

New seal and frame
Old 04-03-2017, 10:50 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hchan911
Jack Ford from Euro pros has been working on my car and about 75% completed. Front splitter and Foglight from Techart, S wing Leichtbau (copy version), steel vents and Speedline wheels(from Porsche dealer), Recaros Position. New rubber, gasket etc..

Chan, glad to see you here.. and thanks for posting some pics, much better than the ones I have! Ahhh...maybe because I've been busy working on your car instead of taking lots of pics?

Someone asked early about the vents, factory from dealer, about 10" x 10" section, welded-in and metal finished.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:13 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Great restoration....look forward to seeing final product
Old 04-04-2017, 07:39 PM
TMWTP
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 170mphbugkiller
I have a Cobalt Blue 1991 965 with 65K miles I am looking to possibly sell. The exterior is probably an 8-9 and the interior is a 6-7 (light gray). I am the third owner (the second was less than a year I believe) and have owned it since 2000. If there's interest get in touch.
Check your pm's.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:24 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/319419

".... driven sparingly to PCA events. Never tracked! Has iconic wide body lines. Reliable and incredibly fast 3.3 turbo intercooled engine and the bulletproof g50 5 speed transmission, factory updated suspension and brakes, and colder AC. "
Mileage: 61,000
Exterior Color: Guards Red
Interior Color: Camel Tan

no affiliation.
=Steve
Old 04-05-2017, 01:44 PM
hchan911
Instructor

Chan, glad to see you here.. and thanks for posting some pics, much better than the ones I have! Ahhh...maybe because I've been busy working on your car instead of taking lots of pics?
LOL...now it makes sense...from your previous posted, I thought you're working on someone else car with a similar conversion.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:51 PM
hchan911
Instructor

I bought it from Better Body motorsport

Quick Reply: Looking for 964 Turbo