964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

3.6Turbo pricing...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
the Red/black sold. Fair, non-disappointing price. If you're gonna say you dont do it for profit, while you'd always want more maybe just to validate your choice in cars, you cant then worry about a few bucks on the other side. Sold at my reserve so no post-fact mutterings.

Mainly, its a phenomenal car, and after speaking to the buyer, i'm really happy with what will hopefully be its new home. The gentleman is from the South, owns a bunch of cars, but always has craved a 964 with a "big fat tail and lot of pow". Well, one thign is for certain, she's got pow.

Guy is overnighting a cashiers check which hef axed to me as well; checked it out with the bank. looks good. hopefully with any luck it will work out.

The guy says "i was so concerned about buyging something on ebay, i havent done much on there, and couldnt imagine buying an expensive car on the internet". i said "same here, in years of selling stuff, i've never sold a car on ebay before, usually just "marketing". he says, I should have called youbefore. I say "at the bottom of the listing, i give my email and phone # and ask anyone to call with any questions or to learn more". Mainly, i was glad he called and we talked and he proved to be a really nice, educated, car-loving (far more car loving than i am) gentleman. Faxed me a copy of check, ensured i had all the assurances i needed.

So far, gone well. Ebay, huh, who would have thunk it.

to those that missed it by a small margin, i think it was a mistake. call me wrong, but i think low 70s for a lower mileage 964 red/black, 'came from RPM' turbo is a deal.

Now the question is, do i sell the 964 silver and make the 964 flatnose S a driver. not sure the last part of that sentence resonates well with me. flatnose S and driver maybe shoudlnt used in the same sentence. anyone got thoughts on that ?

Congrats on the sale.

A 3.6T is a great car and should be driven at least a few thousand miles a year. After seeing Mike's Black/Black flachbau the other day I would have a hard time turning a car like that into a driver. They are quite special and rare and I might put a few hundred miles a year on it but not thousands. The pearl car has got to be super special and I will get around to seeing it one day but I would not drive that car more than 500 miles a year and value on those will always be on the rise. Then again there are only a few out there so value may not be hurt much but to me that is a show piece of design perfection and should be maintained as such.

I vote for keeping the silver one and driving the snot out of it, save the falchbau for the perfect days.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default white

i dont/wont drive the white. i'll take it out for 15minutes /month and my mechanic runs it every other week inside the garage with the tush outside the warehouse doors...but that car scares me to drive. u knick that paint, you're f'd.

i think i am in agreement with you. and since you, in my opinion, are the guru of the 964, i think i'dbe foolish to not listen. then again, hate saying this, i am foolish...so if i end up selling silver bullet and making 964 flatty my driver (fyi, ialso have a 993 turbo S zentih driver so flatty would be the more rare of the drivers), well, then so be it. the future owner of that flatty will hvae to deal with some extra miles and some pinheads on the front bumper.

wouldnt you love to have a clock, rewind it, go back to 1993 and be able to spec a few 964s exactly the way you'd want. maybe thats an good thread.......

Originally Posted by cobalt
Congrats on the sale.

A 3.6T is a great car and should be driven at least a few thousand miles a year. After seeing Mike's Black/Black flachbau the other day I would have a hard time turning a car like that into a driver. They are quite special and rare and I might put a few hundred miles a year on it but not thousands. The pearl car has got to be super special and I will get around to seeing it one day but I would not drive that car more than 500 miles a year and value on those will always be on the rise. Then again there are only a few out there so value may not be hurt much but to me that is a show piece of design perfection and should be maintained as such.

I vote for keeping the silver one and driving the snot out of it, save the falchbau for the perfect days.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

wouldnt you love to have a clock, rewind it, go back to 1993 and be able to spec a few 964s exactly the way you'd want. maybe thats an good thread.......
Boy would I, but then again I didn't have $180k to spend on a car and I knew very few people who did. I bought my first house in 1992 and I paid $225 for it and it now sells for close to $600k so I guess I need to find a Delorean and activate the flux capacitor otherwise there would be no way to convince anyone to lend me the money.

I actually tried buying a 512BBLM back in 1984 in Switzerland at the height of the Grey market I could have had it for $28k. I knew that car would appreciate and I didn't have the money then. Tried to convince some people to lend me the extra $7k I was short. You know that car eventually sold for over $800k a few years later.

Just throw some clear bra on the white one drop it off at my place and I will keep you from driving it.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

as you know, i own an 30year old equity trading desk for hedge funds, mutual funds. if i had a time machine, it wouldbe cars i'd want to mulligan. and i dont need to wind the springs back 14 years either. Nov 2001 would do just fine. Yahoos , ebays, you name it. but thats the neat thing about these cars...all the money in the world (well, maybe all the money would) cant add another Turbo S or a artic turbo or a polar turbo or...(insert your fave color/options here) in the world.....

an dong get me wrong either...i love what i gotz. and i love my wife and my 3 kids more than everything and would burn all those cars in a second for them if necessary. but that being said, i think a polar/black 964 Turbo S might be freaky insane.

Originally Posted by cobalt
Boy would I, but then again I didn't have $180k to spend on a car and I knew very few people who did. I bought my first house in 1992 and I paid $225 for it and it now sells for close to $600k so I guess I need to find a Delorean and activate the flux capacitor otherwise there would be no way to convince anyone to lend me the money.

I actually tried buying a 512BBLM back in 1984 in Switzerland at the height of the Grey market I could have had it for $28k. I knew that car would appreciate and I didn't have the money then. Tried to convince some people to lend me the extra $7k I was short. You know that car eventually sold for over $800k a few years later.

Just throw some clear bra on the white one drop it off at my place and I will keep you from driving it.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:36 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, I'll swap you the greenie for the black flat, so you have to worry about using it as a daily driver
Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

I say drive the silver and sell me the flattie.........

Mike
Old 08-07-2007, 10:24 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

as you know, i own an 30year old equity trading desk for hedge funds, mutual funds. if i had a time machine, it wouldbe cars i'd want to mulligan. and i dont need to wind the springs back 14 years either. Nov 2001 would do just fine. Yahoos , ebays, you name it. but thats the neat thing about these cars...all the money in the world (well, maybe all the money would) cant add another Turbo S or a artic turbo or a polar turbo or...(insert your fave color/options here) in the world.....

an dong get me wrong either...i love what i gotz. and i love my wife and my 3 kids more than everything and would burn all those cars in a second for them if necessary. but that being said, i think a polar/black 964 Turbo S might be freaky insane.

Na not for me. If I had the money and could turn back time to 1992 I would be happy to order just 2. A Cobalt blue slope for show car and a Cobalt blue package for driving. Back to 2001 I guess I could live with the Pearl white or black
Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Almost forgot I would have to order up a Cobalt blue 3.8 RSR for the track assuming I could turn back time.

Last edited by cobalt; 08-07-2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: change from RS to RSR :)
Old 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Update on the two 964 3.6 Turbos i had for sale . sold

Just a quick update on the two 964 Turbos i had for sale. Figure i can give broad picture stuff , avoiding specific detail which wouldnt be appropriate to do.
The two were a 22k Red/black 964 3.6T from RPM previously, and a 16k Polar /Midnight 964 3.6t, also previously from RPM.

the Red/black is headed to the ole' South, a very nice gentleman with a nice collection of cars who has been dreaming of a 964 with the "big whale tale". really nice fellow. scarey as it was sold on ebay at 70, and i was super concerned about the guy. they had anumber of convos and realized he was a passionate collector, and his wife works at a bank. got cash. had good convos. was really pleased with that transaction. he'll love that car. he wants to drive it alot. love hearing that.

the polar just sold today, all completed, picked up and gone. i vascillated back and forth about keeping it. Frankly, i LOVE that color. love love love. when i unbubbled it to show the party, i sort of questioned my sanity, but ive been doing that for years. ultimately i'm going to take the Black/grey 964 Flatnose S and , eeeks, make it a driver. Cobalt might be against it, andf rankly, i'm sort of against it...but i have the white flat nose for "collecting" and a 994 turbo S with 600 miles for collecting. These things are made to drive. i'm not charged with ensuring the great products of porsche get passed along from generation to generation. granted, i dont hammer cars, and with 2,3 drivers, i can split the miles, but im overly excited to drive that flatnose Black S. seriously, who wouldnt? so i trimmed back the collection a bit, and am really excited for the buyer of the polar. went for mid 80s, fyi, for those who are tracking prices. thats a nice price for a16k mile. Cobalt rightly points out, that phenomenal colors sometimes draw more than lower mileage cars.

So they are gone. gone to good homes. and now i get to go to DMV to title ,r egister and then drive the BlackFlatty. we'll see how it goes. gotta drive carefully, more so than usual.

anyway, thats the update. prices and demand for these 964s is high. i must have had a dozen interested , good conversations for both cars. i guess its hard to get your hands around paying up for a 14 year old 964. i think these buyers made great decisions. those cars rule.

onward.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:40 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

"ultimately i'm going to take the Black/grey 964 Flatnose S and , eeeks, make it a driver."

Hey take of my car for me, Vegas is around the corner
Old 08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i thought we were swapping cars...
Originally Posted by SA Mike
"ultimately i'm going to take the Black/grey 964 Flatnose S and , eeeks, make it a driver."

Hey take of my car for me, Vegas is around the corner
Old 08-09-2007, 10:46 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

i thought we were swapping cars...
Oh yeah that's right Well maybe when I come back from Vegas it'll be different. Your one lucky &^%^$# Steve. Take care of that puppy!

Quick Reply: 3.6Turbo pricing...