964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

New to me Forest Green 964T

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2024, 09:11 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Dunavant
Cobalt, I'll take the old days any day before these crazy prices.

I just recently took apart 3 965 exhausts. I had to cut all the nuts off. Torches will help. :-)
It's what's next on this car. I'm sure he's ordering hardware from belmetric, Copper 13mm nuts, some 12mm nuts, high temp studs, stainless Allen hardware for the new turbo, then some copper anti-seize high temp
I couldn't agree more. These cars went from an enthusiasts dream to an investment very quickly. All I hear these days is how much will this car appreciate vs that one. Which color shall I PTS my new build for future resale etc. Although I learned about the inverted bell curve with these nearly 40 years ago and never lost on any I owned, I never purchased a single Porsche based on its future value I always purchased what I liked best and the rest is what it is. If I could go back in time knowing that the market for these would drop instead of increase I still would have purchased the same cars regardless. It pains me to see what these have become and how people only know one over another because of its value.

I agree the exhaust hardware is a bitch. It wasn't one of their best ideas and at 9 X $20 each MSRP new per nut it gets expensive to replace. Some of these Belmetric can't replace.. I have found a way to remove most of them without permanent damage and rework them so they won't be an issue in the future but it is a PITA job. I have about 30 or so in stock. When I am working on these I hate to use them if not needed. I recycle all my hardware. The older hardware is much better quality then the stuff sold today. I do save some specific older hardware for restoration work. To some having the correct hardware is as important as the quality of the workmanship. I save the best for my turbo and it flows down hill to the others.

Quick Reply: New to me Forest Green 964T