And it’s live:

Forest green 964 3.3 turbo
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (09-12-2024)
Old 09-12-2024, 09:40 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Sorry to see you sell. I understand the management issues, if they aren't happy it takes the fun out of it. I had a 911 prior to being married so my wife knew it wasn't worth fighting over. It took me 13 years but she finally embraced it and now drives on track and it has become a family affair with my son schooling all of us. I hope you have the opportunity to get back into another one day. I guess explaining to her that it will only appreciate isn't going to do it?🤪

GL
9SIX4-C4 (09-12-2024)
Old 09-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Boosted321
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Sorry to see you sell. I understand the management issues, if they aren't happy it takes the fun out of it. I had a 911 prior to being married so my wife knew it wasn't worth fighting over. It took me 13 years but she finally embraced it and now drives on track and it has become a family affair with my son schooling all of us. I hope you have the opportunity to get back into another one day. I guess explaining to her that it will only appreciate isn't going to do it?🤪

GL
I appreciate that Anthony and I also appreciate all of your insight in my short ownership - you’re a fantastic resource to this community.

Yes, unfortunately, she well understands the value and this one’s on me - I absolutely should have cleared it with her before making the purchase and like you said, it’s no fun if it’s a friction point. There will be other cars, just probably not a forest green 965, sadly.
Old 09-18-2024, 08:57 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 286 Posts

What a great car and I am a bit slow here, it looks like it didn’t sell. I am sorry for that. Hopefully someone on here buys it.
Old 09-18-2024, 09:50 PM
Boosted321
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Igooz
What a great car and I am a bit slow here, it looks like it didn’t sell. I am sorry for that. Hopefully someone on here buys it.
Yeah, rnm and pretty boring auction in the end - with people claiming/trying to school me that 155k is the market now with the down turn. I’ll hold on to it and see what happens if that’s the case.
The following 2 users liked this post by Boosted321:
9SIX4-C4 (09-18-2024), Igooz (09-18-2024)
Old 09-18-2024, 11:42 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 150 Posts

Everything is low right now with this crazy election and shootings.
Boosted321 (09-19-2024)
Old 09-19-2024, 08:55 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boosted321
Yeah, rnm and pretty boring auction in the end - with people claiming/trying to school me that 155k is the market now with the down turn. I’ll hold on to it and see what happens if that’s the case.
The vultures are out and looking for a good deal. If anything the market is still climbing for these in good condition. I can easily sell my C2 for $155k. You want to trade. LOL
The following 3 users liked this post by cobalt:
9SIX4-C4 (09-19-2024), Boosted321 (09-19-2024), turboholic (09-24-2024)
Old 09-20-2024, 06:48 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

I think you should sell. You don't want to know what it takes to go through everything.

Old 09-20-2024, 07:37 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 256 Posts

I think the photos sunk this auction.
The vast majority didn't show the color well and that is a huge part of this particular car's value.
Old 09-20-2024, 11:50 PM
Boosted321
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spartansix
I think the photos sunk this auction.
The vast majority didn't show the color well and that is a huge part of this particular car's value.
While it was a bummer the photo’s uploaded to their site darker than what I had in my deliverables from the photographer(web compression at it’s worst), the right buyer (and any Porsche fan bidding on a 964 turbo) should know what forest green metallic looks like and I did upload plenty of photos at the end of the auction showing the color in sun.

If you look at site traffic BaT was down almost 40% from typical these past few weeks and there were a lot of RNM auctions. Not sure why, but it is what it is.

The right buyer is out there.

These showed the colors fine I thought:

Last edited by Boosted321; 09-20-2024 at 11:57 PM.
9SIX4-C4 (09-22-2024)
Old 09-20-2024, 11:54 PM
Boosted321
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Scott Dunavant
I think you should sell. You don't want to know what it takes to go through everything.

There’s not much wrong there besides corrosion on the exhaust/turbo/waste gate and other hot side components. A good dry ice cleaning would do wonders for that view, but many chassis bushings, suspension, brakes, sway bars, and links have all been replaced.

I also had a set of rarly l8 headers ceramic coated titanium silver on the way that would do wonders for the underside aesthetic.
Old 09-21-2024, 09:19 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 128 Posts

There’s not much wrong there besides corrosion on the exhaust/turbo/waste gate and other hot side components. A good dry ice cleaning would do wonders for that view, but many chassis bushings, suspension, brakes, sway bars, and links have all been replaced.

I also had a set of rarly l8 headers ceramic coated titanium silver on the way that would do wonders for the underside aesthetic.
I would agree re a good dry ice, I looked at picture and concluded the spring plate and all the suspension bushings needed a swap out as I didnt see that in the invoices and the bolts all look like they have been in there a while. Drop links new, but then reused bolts again to me ask questions. I am having every single bolt and bushing replaced as a baseline on mine

I also agree folks now in the market are looking for deals / or perfect specimens. Maybe do some clean up and put it on pcarmarket?

Also the compression numbers - would have a shop redo those, added too many questions.

Olsen should have replaced that lower shock bolt too - I too think they do good work (they rebuilt my JRZs for a different car) but their prices suck

Last edited by audipwr1; 09-21-2024 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2024, 11:14 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

It's So rewarding to refresh these cars.
Back in the 90's when selling them we never looked under them accept for oil leaks.
Sounds like you might be on that path. Those are nice headers!

I started another project. Most of these are the same... a lot of work and expensive.

9SIX4-C4 (09-24-2024)
Old 09-24-2024, 08:55 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

45 days prior to a contentious election is probably the worst time to sell. Every small business owner I know is sucking wind and hoping for some sign of relief. As a manufacturer years ago I always planned for a down turn in business as the country tries to get its **** together. This is the worst I have seen in all my years. Only the inflation proof buyer is spending money right now. I suspect things will be different in the upcoming months.

Scott, when I started cleaning and cad plating everything back 15 years ago not many of the top shops even considered it. Most of the better shops either replaced the hardware as needed or just reinstalled the old stuff. So many new methods of cleaning like Dry Ice and vapor honing weren't much of a thing if anything at all. I had access to equipment as a manufacturer of aluminum and magnesium sand castings so I was doing this when not many considered it. In many ways it has all gotten a bit out of control and everyone expects their 30 year old car to look better than new these days. I miss the days when you can tell if a car had issues or not by looking at it and not wondering how long it has been since its last dry ice cleaning.

When I started looking over cars for many potential buyers years ago most all the cars looked like this underneath. I don't see anything out of line for its age and miles. hardware has some corrosion and the oil pipes have been repalced with the expandable type but it is an acceptable repair for leaky return tubes. Most everything else seem superficial.

Last edited by cobalt; 09-24-2024 at 09:05 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cobalt:
9SIX4-C4 (09-24-2024), Scott Dunavant (09-24-2024)
Old 09-24-2024, 09:41 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
45 days prior to a contentious election is probably the worst time to sell. Every small business owner I know is sucking wind and hoping for some sign of relief. As a manufacturer years ago I always planned for a down turn in business as the country tries to get its **** together. This is the worst I have seen in all my years. Only the inflation proof buyer is spending money right now. I suspect things will be different in the upcoming months.

Scott, when I started cleaning and cad plating everything back 15 years ago not many of the top shops even considered it. Most of the better shops either replaced the hardware as needed or just reinstalled the old stuff. So many new methods of cleaning like Dry Ice and vapor honing weren't much of a thing if anything at all. I had access to equipment as a manufacturer of aluminum and magnesium sand castings so I was doing this when not many considered it. In many ways it has all gotten a bit out of control and everyone expects their 30 year old car to look better than new these days. I miss the days when you can tell if a car had issues or not by looking at it and not wondering how long it has been since its last dry ice cleaning.

When I started looking over cars for many potential buyers years ago most all the cars looked like this underneath. I don't see anything out of line for its age and miles. hardware has some corrosion and the oil pipes have been repalced with the expandable type but it is an acceptable repair for leaky return tubes. Most everything else seem superficial.

Cobalt, I'll take the old days any day before these crazy prices. I would have never restored the one I have. Just parted it out. It's just these crazy auctions showing everyone the business end of these cars.

I think this car needs some fresh hardware. However that exhaust, waste gate and turbo are probably junk. the nuts on the bottom of the case have lost their shape.
I just recently took apart 3 965 exhausts. I had to cut all the nuts off. Torches will help. :-)
It's what's next on this car. I'm sure he's ordering hardware from belmetric, Copper 13mm nuts, some 12mm nuts, high temp studs, stainless Allen hardware for the new turbo, then some copper anti-seize high temp

Quick Reply: New to me Forest Green 964T