Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 04:03 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
PLEASE END THIS DRAMA! This thread is for great964's for sale, Lorenzoh will go on and on so end it please, and i appreciate everything you have said, the guy is literally sick in the head and will and has been trying to sabotage anything i do or post for over a year now- Don't respond again- Lets not ruin this thread with this bs
you can end the drama if you’ll just answer the question you seem to be avoiding....

HAVE YOU SPECIFICALLY HAD THE LSD ON THE WHITE C2 YOUR SELLING CHECKED TO MAKE SURE ITS WORKING PROPERLY???????

Simple question. Yes or no??? Your an honest seller right? Then you shouldn’t have a problem answering the question.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:06 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh

I will get some therapy when you get your facts straight
I never said his mufflers were broken I simply questioned the welds.
I never said the limited slip differential was broken I simply said that for a car with that Many miles it may not be functioning properly and asked the question, has he got it checked it out.
to which, he said it’s none of my ****ing business

sounds like a real standup guy to me

the guy makes some of the most detailed ads I’ve seen listing the good and the bad and you run around trying to question everything you can just to try and discredit him, it is clear as day, question the welds on Fister mufflers , Question LSD accuse him of being an anti Semite , call him misleading, I’d do a lot more than just tell you to mind your business.

You tried to sabotage his auction and now spilling into the forums and you are telling me you don’t need therapy? Lol.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:46 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

you can end the drama if you’ll just answer the question you seem to be avoiding....

HAVE YOU SPECIFICALLY HAD THE LSD ON THE WHITE C2 YOUR SELLING CHECKED TO MAKE SURE ITS WORKING PROPERLY???????

Simple question. Yes or no??? Your an honest seller right? Then you shouldn’t have a problem answering the question.
Lorenzoh, have you been taking your meds? You have some serious issues going on.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:18 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Not true - the Rhode Island car mentioned just above apparently was a nightmare...Tarek had a car goto texas with bad rear struts and had to pay the guy after the fact. To assert that BAT has some sort of oversight or checks vehicles out before they goto auction is simply ignorant on your part.

Again, not true at all. BAT restricts any new commenters posts until they can be reviewed. If any commenter gets their posts flagged a certain amount of times then BAT staff steps in and restricts that commenter from posting. Yes, my handle on BAT is Lhartley, good job Sherlock. And similar to what I described above happened to me today. I made a very concise comment about the high mileage LSD on Tareks white C2. Anyone with a brain or the search function available to them here on Rennlist can quickly find that the factory LSD friction plates wear out and most with high mileage have long since stopped functioning, thus rendering the factory LSD an OPEN DIF. And instead of approaching my question head on, Tarek came up with some BS response about how the dif isn't making any noises and is functioning as represented. A completely misleading comment from a seller and one that shows his incompetence. A worn LSD doesn't make any noise it just turns into an open dif. You and he are the epitome of what's gone wrong with BAT. Uneducated, novice fanboys drinking the KoolAid. I'm sure your 997 will do famously on BAT.

you our wouldn’t be banned from BAT for just one or two bad comments, just checked your profile and you have a history of flagged and rude comments, I specifically remember you heckling the AMG mercedes wagon owner calling his car “retarded” as I was watching that auction. You are banned because you behave there are you are here rite now.

Terek has a solid reputation and you are doing your best trying to find a hole in his ad, LSD? He has a PPi from sleepers and another shop and even went back to get a quote on the RMS and posted in the ad and you want to suggest that he is purposely lying about the LSD? You are trying to assume the worst because you have a personal grudge against a seller, so far you have accused him of being misleading being an anti Semite (I won’t forget that exchange) and of selling bad cars. Give it a break because no one is drinking your kool-aid, Terek has a proven track record, you have a record of bullying and going as low as throwing out anti Semite accusations. Come on man, grow up this isn’t grade school .
Old 02-26-2019, 09:20 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtronics
I’m curious to know who bought the black 1990 C2 on BaT late last year. I had that car PPI’d and it was a total nightmare. I’m actually embarrassed that I went to the extent of getting a PPI on that car. It needed some major work that wasn’t disclosed.
I know the buyer of the 90 C2. It was far worse than even I could have imagined. Although the new owner has plans for the car that negates some of the downside. BTW the seller lied through his teeth in so many ways it borders on criminal.
Originally Posted by 997Pilot

bad sellers and people trying to peddle turds on bat seldom get away with it. The black 1990 just had the right buyers bidding. Also bat staff don’t moderate any comments, it’s all done by the commenters themselves,I’m sure BAT won’t miss you not selling your car there anyways. I'll be listing my 997 there in a few months and looking forward to it.
I am sad to see this thread has turned into a pissing match. That is why I am through with BaT. We can argue facts here with the ability to add content and maybe a separate thread regarding BaT would be a better place to discuss this. We can do that here unlike on BaT.

I will add for the moment that it is my first hand experience BaT not only moderates comments but seems to purposely place a blind eye on many turds that are equal to the 90 discussed above.

What bothered me most is I watched as two incredible low mile pristine honest cars (non 964) were put up for auction on BaT by friends at my suggestion which I regret. In both cases BaT would not allow the ad to be placed with the reserve the sellers requested, stating they were unrealistic. IMO these cars were worth $50k more than the reserve and what they sold for and although the cars did not meet reserve, BaT stepped up and covered the balance to the seller. I later found out that both cars were purchased by people shall we say closely associated with BaT. IMO this was the begining of the end and it has just gotten worse since.

As far as LSD's I will be rebuilding mine at 62k miles this year. The 964 LSD I hate to say is a POS. Better than not having one but far from ideal. Easy enough to remove repair and install without the need to measure backlash if you do it correctly costing around a grand to fix. Irrespective of that when buying these cars you have to expect some needs and a few thousand should be set aside for repairs like these assuming it matters to you. I have been driving my C2 for 2 years now and barely miss it.

No doubt LSD's needing or not needing rebuild and broken fog lights and other simple things are of minimal concern when considering buying these cars or not. Every car needs something just as there is no such things as a #1 car. When someone like myself is pointing out deceptive practices that maybe the novice cannot pickup on it is the responsibility IMO of BaT to pull the ad or address the issue. By now if it is that blatantly clear to someone like me they should be aware as well. They have proven to me time and again that being a dishonest seller is Ok and they will do what they can to see that car sells. That doesn't detract from the honest seller however how is the new buyer to know what is good and what is not without the aid of the comments.

Ironically I don't believe I have been banned but have tried posting with no results. Each time I hit save a message pops up saying you have already posted that. I have no interest in making a stink over it. I have a potential new venture I am working on that will allow me to help owners of these cars first hand providing honest services for honest pricing. Haven't decided if I want to come out of retirement as I enjoy my free time so much but when/if I do I will let everyone know. For these reasons i will be posting less than I have in the past. I am still happy to help where I can.

So lets get back to 964's for sale and get along here. If we want to make a stink like this lets bring it over to Pelican where people like Sugarwood can stroke themselves and speak their ignorance with authority.

I believe we discussed this and I am assuming by now everyone knows why this car isn't worth what they are asking.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsch...​​
Old 02-26-2019, 11:38 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I believe we discussed this and I am assuming by now everyone knows why this car isn't worth what they are asking.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsche-911-964-Turbo-Maritime-Blue/292972968002?hash=item44368cb842:g:y~MAAOSwobJcY3m0:rk:1f:1&frcectupt= true​​​​​​
Saw that at DRT and my first thought was.... rare & stunning in that shade but MUST be seen in person if you're serious about it... plus that's a huge asking premium just for the Maritime in a 964T and "possibly" the only one in existence claim.

And iirc, it was in someone's collection locally and been in the US (imported from Japan) for at least 10 yrs already....
Old 02-26-2019, 12:10 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

What turns me off about BAT, and increasingly here, so many negative comments from folks who just aren't buyers. If you are so worried about the LSD on a car you have no intention of buying, maybe it's time to start worrying about something else.

Let's say, despite the seller's good rep and the car's obvious attractions; the LSD is a paperweight, is that really a deal breaker, worthy of a page and a half of verbal animosity? I think some folks let the keyboard get the better of them; things get typed that would never be said in a face to face discussion.

I just bought a M3 long distance, the car arrived and is MUCH nicer than advertised, better than I had hoped for. I bought the seller (and a PPI) but there are still several minor things that need attention. I consider a couple of grand minor. If I bought Tarek's white car I would expect to do the same, these cars are in a constant state of about to need something.

What I would expect from a seller of Tarek's experience, is not to find replacement panels, hidden accident damage, poor paint, flubbed rebuild invoices; I could care less about the possibility the LSD is a lump, any plug and play repair comes with the territory. I certainly wouldn't go to war, on a forum I hope to benefit from, over it.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:23 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
What turns me off about BAT, and increasingly here, so many negative comments from folks who just aren't buyers. If you are so worried about the LSD on a car you have no intention of buying, maybe it's time to start worrying about something else.

Let's say, despite the seller's good rep and the car's obvious attractions; the LSD is a paperweight, is that really a deal breaker, worthy of a page and a half of verbal animosity? I think some folks let the keyboard get the better of them; things get typed that would never be said in a face to face discussion.

I just bought a M3 long distance, the car arrived and is MUCH nicer than advertised, better than I had hoped for. I bought the seller (and a PPI) but there are still several minor things that need attention. I consider a couple of grand minor. If I bought Tarek's white car I would expect to do the same, these cars are in a constant state of about to need something.

What I would expect from a seller of Tarek's experience, is not to find replacement panels, hidden accident damage, poor paint, flubbed rebuild invoices; I could care less about the possibility the LSD is a lump, any plug and play repair comes with the territory. I certainly wouldn't go to war, on a forum I hope to benefit from, over it.
+1 Very well stated.....These cars are 30 years old and yes they all need something.

Now lets get back to posting what’s for sale....this Targa looks like it’s had lots of the expensive work done to it and is fairly priced if everything checks out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsch...9168%7Ciid%3A1
Old 02-26-2019, 01:26 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
What turns me off about BAT, and increasingly here, so many negative comments from folks who just aren't buyers. If you are so worried about the LSD on a car you have no intention of buying, maybe it's time to start worrying about something else..
Agreed
Old 02-26-2019, 01:47 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

My apologies to the board for going a bit overboard. In all honesty, I just wanted to know if the LSD had been checked out since it’s a pretty desirable option on these cars...that’s all.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Another backdated "budget Singer" 964 up for sale. You would think they would replace the engine pad and lugs for that type of money.

https://www.motorcargallery.com/vehi...ckdated-outlaw
Old 02-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Another backdated "budget Singer" 964 up for sale.

*The definition of cool.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Now lets get back to posting what’s for sale....this Targa looks like it’s had lots of the expensive work done to it and is fairly priced if everything checks out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Porsch...9168%7Ciid%3A1
Definitely looks clean. Wonder what the build date is. I find it interesting that it's an 0082 car with aluminum intake manifolds, and my 0235 car has composite. Wonder which Targa was the switchover.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:45 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts
Default wow...

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Another backdated "budget Singer" 964 up for sale. You would think they would replace the engine pad and lugs for that type of money.

ouch...! and, sorry, but woof also...
Old 02-26-2019, 06:14 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

BTW Tarek's car fetched $63k plus preem plus tax etc. Given the desirable color combo, sport seats cup 1s and (ahem) LSD, I thought it was well bought.

Especially when you consider what they are asking for the horror show that is the poor man's Singer Targa in white..........

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale