Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 07:15 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
Except that's a Targa not a coupe. Last few targa's on bat haven't done well. Coupes are all over the map. The better ones are in the 60's. But there have been a number of sales on bat a lot lower or no sales at lower bids recently.

Car looks pretty solid. I don't care for the 993 seats and door panels but that's just my 2cents. I am surprised none of those things you mentioned are in the description given some think the sellers descriptions are so great. Not sure it's that big a deal so long as everything works properly. It's a used car it's not going to be perfect.
Like I said, the 993 seats and panels look nice and are in great condition, so that's really a personal thing. I did forget tarek told me he was addressing the CCU and spoiler control trim.

But, keep in mind like for like condition coupe vs targa (meaning miles, condition, etc) are 10-15% less than equivalent coupes all things being equal. So I do feel the car is priced fairly. And, offers buy cars.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:49 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
The last few targas on BAT with exception to the Tiptronic have all had some big issues that I’m sure you also noted which has held prices back. While you may disagree, prices on Targa’s are not that far behind coupes (15%) but like most coupes on the market there’s lots of crap being pawned off as pristine. At least the car Tarek is offering is honest and priced accordingly.
They're all used cars and no two are identical so its all subjective.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:56 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Trader you must have been so excited about the big huge items i hadn't described like the 2 peeling buttons on the CCU and the loose spoiler console thingy, but sorry to ruin your party the 2 buttons on CCU i bought a used to CCU use its buttons to replace them with and bought a different spoiler button surround and those things are being done rite now as we speak, but maybe next time you can find a Huge big problem which i "didn't describe"
What party? Did I miss a party? Oh darn.

Did you miss the part where I said...."Not sure it's that big a deal so long as everything works properly. It's a used car it's not going to be perfect"

As far as find huge big problems that you didn't describe... over the last 18 months or so I have described several of them. I was even polite enough to give you a heads up as to omissions which were glaring in one of your BAT auctions.....in return I got an endless slew of hateful private messages from you both here and on Pelican.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:48 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by JesusFast
I would leave it stock and add some new shoes. Not sure a nice set of Cup 1s would increase the sale that much. Sweat looking 964.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:42 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Did you miss the part where I said...."Not sure it's that big a deal so long as everything works properly. It's a used car it's not going to be perfect"

As far as find huge big problems that you didn't describe... over the last 18 months or so I have described several of them. I was even polite enough to give you a heads up as to omissions which were glaring in one of your BAT auctions.....in return I got an endless slew of hateful private messages from you both here and on Pelican.
sorry guys don't mean to hijack this thread, i've been quite & didn't reply to the other clown but when it comes to accusations i have to at least clarify. so now to reply to this stupid message above

, it looks like you're back out of your hole again detective Stadenko, now "The omission" you mean the CARFAX that was posted on BAT like every carfax does that had an obvious entry error of 1500 miles at a SMOG STATION? and it didn't say that in the body of the ad? GTF out of here w that stupidity! My reputation precedes me buddy, and that must for some reason rub a couple of you guys the wrong way..but hey, keep digging, keep searching, keep knit picking for something , maybe i miss a scratch on a tail pipe and not mention it in my ad and i'd be a bad bad seller then..lol.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:11 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

You have been monitoring Terek for 18 months? 😂 I have yet to see a dealer present their cars and interact with his buyers and other members as he does. Great cars, detailed ads and good reviews from his buyers to boot.

But there will always be the jealous spiteful crowd that try to bring others down and criticize no matter what.

My next car a 964 will 100% be from @Tarek307

Old 05-30-2019, 10:20 AM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by stutt911
You have been monitoring Terek for 18 months? 😂 I have yet to see a dealer present their cars and interact with his buyers and other members as he does. Great cars, detailed ads and good reviews from his buyers to boot.

But there will always be the jealous spiteful crowd that try to bring others down and criticize no matter what.

Agreed!
Old 05-30-2019, 10:36 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by stutt911

LOL. Buy any 30 yr old car with eyes wide open no matter from who and budget at least 10% of purchase price to sort the car out after taking possession. No one is doing this as a non profit org.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 AM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Selling a car on BAT and bothered that someone made a negative comment about it?
Someone 'doth protest too much...'
Old 05-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Trader220
Race Car

sorry guys don't mean to hijack this thread, i've been quite & didn't reply to the other clown but when it comes to accusations i have to at least clarify. so now to reply to this stupid message above

, it looks like you're back out of your hole again detective Stadenko, now "The omission" you mean the CARFAX that was posted on BAT like every carfax does that had an obvious entry error of 1500 miles at a SMOG STATION? and it didn't say that in the body of the ad? GTF out of here w that stupidity! My reputation precedes me buddy, and that must for some reason rub a couple of you guys the wrong way..but hey, keep digging, keep searching, keep knit picking for something , maybe i miss a scratch on a tail pipe and not mention it in my ad and i'd be a bad bad seller then..lol.

It was one thing to not disclose the mileage issues on the carfax, it was another not to disclose the paint work and track history. It was your listing so I didn't go ahead and say anything on the listing, I just pointed them out to you. I never said you were a bad seller, in fact, I have said just to opposite on occasion. The problem is anyone who points anything out to you which you don't like, immediately becomes your target of childish remarks. If you're going to tout how transparent you are then maybe you should say "hey thanks for pointing that out, sorry I missed it" rather than attacking them. I could have been a real jackass and exposed the carfax, paint and track stuff on your BAT listing. That's not polite and I would never and have never done that.

So please stop with the nasty hate PM's.

Tarek showed up here about 18 months ago if memory serves me correctly, I don't track him specifically. I have also been a contributor here for more then a decade.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:58 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

It was one thing to not disclose the mileage issues on the carfax, it was another not to disclose the paint work and track history. It was your listing so I didn't go ahead and say anything on the listing, I just pointed them out to you. I never said you were a bad seller, in fact, I have said just to opposite on occasion. The problem is anyone who points anything out to you which you don't like, immediately becomes your target of childish remarks. If you're going to tout how transparent you are then maybe you should say "hey thanks for pointing that out, sorry I missed it" rather than attacking them. I could have been a real jackass and exposed the carfax, paint and track stuff on your BAT listing. That's not polite and I would never and have never done that.

So please stop with the nasty hate PM's.

Tarek showed up here about 18 months ago if memory serves me correctly, I don't track him specifically. I have also been a contributor here for more then a decade.
Keep talking and digging because i will shut you up every single time- There isn't a thing i know about a car that i don't disclose, maybe you can't read english, but i said that the car had repairs and some panels painted even provided paint meter readings and you can see that in the pic below- As for "Track use" you sent me a message telling me that you knew the car from 2 owners ago and they tracked it, i nor the previous owner had any incling of this how the F am i supposed to know what was done wtih the car over 20 years ago, previous owner even told me he thinks its original paint which wasn't true and either way I REBUILT THAT ENGINE ON THAT CAR even though it had perfect leak down and compression but would sometiems smoke but i wanted to be sure next owner got a good car- and you again want to bring up a carfax that had an error from a smog station? Its not like it was TMU or anything like that, just an obvious wrong entry that didn't matter at all...i have tons of clients on this board and most people that have bought from me are known and on social media, if i was some shoddy seller hiding stuff i think it would be exposed, you are trying your best since i got into this business to discredit me- give it a break, actions speak for themselves, actions as in people that i've sold cars to..My Goodness i go out of my way to make very detailed ads with many pics and videos and as much information as i can dig out and spiteful people such as yourself still want to find some kind of hole in my story!

Here is the BAT ad for the car you say i didn't disclose any paint work on - looks like you are wrong again sorry to burst your bubble!

To the community here, again i am sorry for having to respond to the BS.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Tarek, you amended the listing once other people pointed out the issues. I was kind enough to tell you outside of the auction and in private so you could correct them without people getting on your case.

You're a real tough guy behind your computer, grow up. Don't make threats you cannot back up, its childish. Stop sending me private hate messages, I am not intimidated by those either. No one is saying anything bad about your cars that you didn't know and haven't corrected. Grow up.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:35 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Tarek, you amended the listing once other people pointed out the issues. I was kind enough to tell you outside of the auction and in private so you could correct them without people getting on your case.

You're a real tough guy behind your computer, grow up. Don't make threats you cannot back up, its childish. Stop sending me private hate messages, I am not intimidated by those either. No one is saying anything bad about your cars that you didn't know and haven't corrected. Grow up.

you are insane & a pathological liar , that is the BAT listing you nut case, nothing was ammended and nothing can be ammended, that is the BAT ORIGINAL LISTING, BAT don't ammend listings, so nice try with your childish baseless accusations, you obviously must have some sort of inferiority complex or jealousy to go as far as making such stupid stuff up- wow.. lol.

you are out of your mind, i haven't sent you one message in months you low life, grow the hell up.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Trader220
Race Car

you are insane & a pathological liar , that is the BAT listing you nut case, nothing was ammended and nothing can be ammended, that is the BAT ORIGINAL LISTING, BAT don't ammend listings, so nice try with your childish baseless accusations, you obviously must have some sort of inferiority complex or jealousy to go as far as making such stupid stuff up- wow.. lol.

you are out of your mind, i haven't sent you one message in months you low life, grow the hell up.
BAT amends listings all the time when provided with new and correct information. As I said, I didn't send anything to BAT and I didn't post any comments, I told you in private so you could have the listing corrected before someone else caught on.

Why can't you have a conversation?

I am not going to cut and paste all of your hate PM's here. Notice I don't bother opening them, I just delete them.

Why would I be jealous, I don't know you and you don't know me. No one is making anything up, grow up.

What is the difficulty in having a conversation without the insults and childish behavior? I have posted both here and on BAT many times that IMO you're a quality seller.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:32 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

BAT amends listings all the time when provided with new and correct information. As I said, I didn't send anything to BAT and I didn't post any comments, I told you in private so you could have the listing corrected before someone else caught on.

Why can't you have a conversation?

I am not going to cut and paste all of your hate PM's here. Notice I don't bother opening them, I just delete them.

Why would I be jealous, I don't know you and you don't know me. No one is making anything up, grow up.

What is the difficulty in having a conversation without the insults and childish behavior? I have posted both here and on BAT many times that IMO you're a quality seller.
BAT doesn’t change listings and if they do they note that and also leave a comment , the listing on that car was original, you are wrong and really fishing here

What is your end game exactly? Trying to run off a quality forum member and seller?

@tarek307 I think you’ve said enough and shouldn’t respond any longer, everyone knows you do your best to disclose as much information about the cars you sell, you don’t need to sink to Trader or Lorenzohs level, they will just keep picking at you.

Mods should step in and put an end to this.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale