Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stutt911
Gil is selling his 964 , thoughts on this amazon greens price?
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...zon-green.html

and another one from Tarek today
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...e-records.html

Not sure how i would rate this one, been for sale for a while
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...21k-miles.html
that green car is awesome.

The other two...meh.
For what they’re asking for such high mileage cars, you can spend a bit more and buy one from Holt with 60% less mileage that’s already sorted and ready to enjoy.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:47 PM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh

The other two...meh.
For what they’re asking for such high mileage cars, you can spend a bit more and buy one from Holt with 60% less mileage that’s already sorted and ready to enjoy.
Glens' car is a great car i know him and have personally seen that amazon green. Also know Tarek from online and know people that personally bought from him and his cars are sorted out and honest , Holt are also one of the best dealers but their prices are way up there. The mid night blue car though doesn't sit well with me, its been for sale forever and that color just doesn't really appeal to me.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:17 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Glens' car is a great car i know him and have personally seen that amazon green. Also know Tarek from online and know people that personally bought from him and his cars are sorted out and honest , Holt are also one of the best dealers but their prices are way up there. The mid night blue car though doesn't sit well with me, its been for sale forever and that color just doesn't really appeal to me.
You’re missing the point
Holts prices may be “way up there’. But your getting a car with ~50k miles that needs nothing and has a lot of intrinsic value.
Tareks car above has higher mileage and probably still needs a top end. So you can save $20k buying his car but you’ll probably put that $20k back into it for deferred maintenance within a couple years.
Or, spend the extra money upfront and get a car that is ready to go and enjoy for years to come with half the mileage that holds its value.
This concept is not complicated.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:02 AM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

You’re missing the point
Holts prices may be “way up there’. But your getting a car with ~50k miles that needs nothing and has a lot of intrinsic value.
Tareks car above has higher mileage and probably still needs a top end. So you can save $20k buying his car but you’ll probably put that $20k back into it for deferred maintenance within a couple years.
Or, spend the extra money upfront and get a car that is ready to go and enjoy for years to come with half the mileage that holds its value.
lol, did Terek307 run over your dog before or something? Holts cars are a totally different beast , I’ve seen Tarek’s cars and seen him do top ends on ones that needed them and not do top ends on others, the guy sorts his cars out first before selling them. So not sure how you know it “probably needs a top end” you’re the same guy that started heckling him on bat for the LSD that his C2 “probably” also needed. You should really give it a rest because you only make yourself look bad. If you think 120k miles is high on a 964 that’s pretty funny.

Looks like that car already sold anyways within a few f hours of him listing it like most of his cars do.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:36 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

lol, did Terek307 run over your dog before or something? Holts cars are a totally different beast , I’ve seen Tarek’s cars and seen him do top ends on ones that needed them and not do top ends on others, the guy sorts his cars out first before selling them. So not sure how you know it “probably needs a top end” you’re the same guy that started heckling him on bat for the LSD that his C2 “probably” also needed. You should really give it a rest because you only make yourself look bad. If you think 120k miles is high on a 964 that’s pretty funny.

Looks like that car already sold anyways within a few f hours of him listing it like most of his cars do.
You posted Tareks car above pal...I simply commented on it, I have nothing against him personally. At 120k miles, it's going to need a top end sooner rather than later like the 50k mile cars I referenced. If you can't see that, then your only showing your incompetence. This is a FACT - these cars need top end rebuilds. Some sooner and some later but at 120k its a definite box you should check as a buyer. The only person making themselves look bad is you by showing your obvious ignorance. Ever seen an OEM valve guide at 120k miles and checked it's tolerances ?
Old 04-04-2019, 02:12 AM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So are we comparing valve guide sizes here now???
Old 04-04-2019, 03:14 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by CBA
So are we comparing valve guide sizes here now???
lol nice one ☝️
Old 04-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

You’re missing the point
You posted Tareks car above pal...I simply commented on it, I have nothing against him personally. At 120k miles, it's going to need a top end sooner rather than later like the 50k mile cars I referenced. If you can't see that, then your only showing your incompetence. This is a FACT - these cars need top end rebuilds. Some sooner and some later but at 120k its a definite box you should check as a buyer. The only person making themselves look bad is you by showing your obvious ignorance. Ever seen an OEM valve guide at 120k miles and checked it's tolerances ?
The other two...meh.
You're seriously mixing up markets here. Sure, everyone would (maybe, I'm not one of them) want super low mile garage queen cars. There are also those that want the car that is not perfect. And, for some, $20-30k + (holt cars are expensive, for a reason) puts them out of the market. Should they not buy a car? What if they have the talent to do that top end themselves and are OK with that? You also have no idea if the car has had a top end, what its leak down numbers are, and if it's smoking at warm idle or on decl.

And for that you slam good clean driver cars ...

But, then again, the fact the car sold in less than a day maybe says he's right and right on market with the ask for the car.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:02 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i think if folks are going to live on this board and start unnecessary, heated pissing matches, they should at least pay a site membership fee
Old 04-04-2019, 03:10 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You're seriously mixing up markets here. Sure, everyone would (maybe, I'm not one of them) want super low mile garage queen cars. There are also those that want the car that is not perfect. And, for some, $20-30k + (holt cars are expensive, for a reason) puts them out of the market. Should they not buy a car? What if they have the talent to do that top end themselves and are OK with that? You also have no idea if the car has had a top end, what its leak down numbers are, and if it's smoking at warm idle or on decl.

And for that you slam good clean driver cars ...

But, then again, the fact the car sold in less than a day maybe says he's right and right on market with the ask for the car.
I didn’t “slam” anything. I simply said that a buyer looking at a car with 120k miles should think about a top end sooner rather than later.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:16 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

and yet you chose to debate that part,... verses the membership fee
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by bweSteve
and yet you chose to debate that part,... verses the membership fee
I’m debating the part that actually matters and is on topic.
No good deed...🙄
Old 04-04-2019, 07:53 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone please post more 964's for sale here......
Old 04-04-2019, 08:09 PM
s4vant
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_m

It's not an RS...perhaps your sarcasm evades me. lol
sorry, thought the smiling burn out emoji was enough of a sarcasm indicator
Old 04-05-2019, 08:59 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

I didn’t “slam” anything. I simply said that a buyer looking at a car with 120k miles should think about a top end sooner rather than later.
Sorry no new links. We know the early 964's will need a top end sooner than the later 964's, although mechanical needs are becoming less important and should start to be expected as these cars turn 30. Trying to find a clean straight coupe without stories is becoming a challenge and when they come along an interested buyer should always consider looking into them and factoring in what the PPI states. I highly recommend paying up for a leak down and compression test. No PPI you get wheat you deserve. When I look at 964's for sale I focus first on the structural integrity and then the records. Replacing rubber parts and other little bits can be as costly as a top end and are usually overlooked. I would prefer an accident free car needing a top end vs the other way around. There are a lot of 964's with "fresh" top ends and bad resprays done by people I wouldn't trust working on a 30 year old civic.

BTW I have looked at a lot of 964's and 993's with well over 130k miles on the engines with leak down numbers in the 3-5% range. You can't ask for better than that.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale