Sponsored by:

FVD Lowering collars

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian,

they should just screw on to the shock to lower the position of the spring perch link to FVD

http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/-/..._Bilstein.html
Old 01-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Igaffz
Rennlist Member

Simples!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:49 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Dissapointingly no response from FVD yet.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
k9doog
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering what would be the answer from FVD, because I need a set of this collars to fit in a Bilstein HD, waiting.....
Old 01-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Gaz sorry I havent checked my HD diameter vs the ID of the FVD collars that I bought: I have the car with her tail in the air in the middle of a job sorting rusty oil line clamps. Should be able to finish and get the tail down and the nose up this weekend, will at least do some measuring. Not going to remove the shock and spring until I am sure the new collars will fit. If they arent going to fit - which seems likely - I will also be in touch with them of course.

Alternatively K9doog can you get an accurate measurement of the diameter of the HD's at the threads, and Gaz or I can give a definitive ID measurement of the FVDs. If the FVDs dont fit any widely used Bilsteins then a) Hopefully FVD will see fit to refund us and b) It would be worth their while having lowering collars made with the correct diameter I would have thought..

I am surprised that OEM (which these collars are described as fitting) and HD/B6 have different diameters at the front, particularly that the Bilsteins are narrower. Wierd.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:19 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Right had a response from FVD today who recogonise the problem and are trying to develop a collar to fit a B6/hd this week, however because they were not returned within 14 days are unwilling to offer a refund/replacement but a discount on the new ones. Now not overboard with this response and have replied as such.

so will wait and see how this develops so be clear these will only fit stock struts not Bilstein as stated.

So if anyone needs a pair of these to lower some stock struts you can have mine for £75 they cost 120 Euro (probably easier to sell them rather than argue the toss with FVD unless they change there stance)
Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

GazC2,

Sorry for that useless reply from FVD Germany. I will take care of that return for you with FVD Germany tomorrow and I will email or pm you in the morning (eastern time) with the contact / address / RMA # to return it to.

As soon as I have confirmation from FVD Germany that the B6/HD collars are completed I will let you know.

By the way, for anyone who runs into this kind of issue with FVD Germany let me know as returns need to be looked at on a case by case basis. Sometimes we are to strict for our own good.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Rhonda,

thank you very much for your positive response, I was e-mailed by Stephan Enzmann and just to reiterate the product description does state they will fit Bilstein which is incorrect and they were purchased in good faith.

once again thanks for your help

Gary
Old 01-31-2014, 03:06 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

A bit of a follow up, Thanks to Rhonda and her positive approach to customer service My collars are being returned so a result. now have to wait for the appropriate B6 collars to be produced.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done to Rhonda for keeping great customer service alive!
Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That's great news. It's nice to see such great proactive customer service!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

This is good news, thanks Gaz. Yes we need to take responsibility that we are buying the correct part, but the implication in the description of the collars was that they fit all Bilstein..but thanks to Rhonda, FVD have revealed themselves to be a cool company who want our custom and care about the hopeless petrolheads that buy their stuff.

I still have my car's tail in the air whilst I await a machine shop skimming some poorly designed aftermarket CNC valve covers (not FVD!) - so I havent confirmed my shock diameter yet, but it looks like we are pretty sure that B6 and HD are the same diameter and won't fit these collars, is that right?
Old 02-02-2014, 05:25 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Johhny,

I think the B6 and HD are one and the same when I bought mine they were described as HD however the number on them is the same as the B6 as on the design911 website. Probably worth checking yours all the same
Old 02-06-2014, 03:15 AM
jsoderbe
Rennlist Member

Hi, I have the same problem. My are Bilstein HD's, which are around 10 mm smaller in diameter.

My local swedish FVD rep (TA Sportwagen) got right to it when I called yesterday, great response.

The car is on jacks now so I am kind of eager to get it down on the wheels again....

I really think FVD should be more clear on this issue in their website. How many cars do still have their stock shocks after 20 years? Especially the owners looking to lower them?

Beautifully engineered part, though.

Regards,

Johan
Old 02-06-2014, 04:41 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Mine now sent back just waiting on the new sizes being sorted out, like you Johan the car is sitting on the jacks in bits

Quick Reply: FVD Lowering collars