Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech Art front splitter - GroupBuy ON!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 04:52 PM
BillyB
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

This has clearly been a very painful process for some.

But fair play to Andrew - he has admitted fault and apologised (although I can understand if this doesn't make everything hunky-dory with those affected).
Old 05-14-2014, 04:54 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hi Vagluv,

Here's a few photos of my carbon splitter from LWS Design as requested. I have yet to fit it but this will be done by next week. At the moment I intend to coat it with a matt epoxy varnish for protection and to give the parts a deep looking finish.

I have to say the wait was excruciating with delays but I always found Andrew to be very courteous and in the end I'm delighted with the product. I sincerely hope they manage to get their act together and make a few and a nice little profit as there's obviously a market for them.

I'll put up a few photos when it's fitted next week.

Cheers,
Paul
Looks very nice. Is there a finish on it now, or is it raw cf?
Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM
browse964
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am the final recipient of the group buy and my cf unit looks as lovely as Paul's!

First - my extreme thanks to Frank for organizing this. he has helped recreate a classic 964 mod and I am thrilled to have one. I think the wait was hardest on Frank as he felt responsible no matter what we group members said. I am glad that is over. Frank, you are appreciated!!!

Second - my thanks to LWS for creating a masterful product. I heartily recommend this as the best 964 splitter option and I would recommend buying from LWS. As noted they have been through their teething pains. I would recommend being patient on any order, they remain a very small custom shop that can get diverted, but, in my view, the wait is worth the result.

Brad
Old 05-14-2014, 06:40 PM
andrew_lwsdesign
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Just to answer a question on the finish.. the one shown is raw carbon fibre as you might see on motorsport cars... we can supply a lacquered version, this will be mirror like in finish and perfect for show cars but in our experience with the Lotus S2 Splitter we supply you do risk it looking old very quickly due to stone chips whereas they will not be visible on the raw motorsport carbon.

Believe it or not we have no more pictures of this product, at the time we were more concerned with getting them out the door and forgot all about photographing them! They are some great ones of the part fitted to Franks car earlier in this thread.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Guys,

Here's a photo of the carbon splitter offered up for fitting prior to matt epoxy varnish finish.

I'm very pleased with the look.

There are more photos on my thread So It Begins if anyone's interested and I'll put more on there later when all the jobs to the front are completed.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 06-01-2014, 06:47 AM
schwarz930
Advanced

I'll add my experience to the thread.

I was not part of the group buy but decided to place an order on the strength of the feedback from the quality of the product rather than the somewhat negative feedback on the group buy experience.

I have to say the guys at LWS have been great, I ordered a GRP set on the 14th of May and was quoted 6 weeks which I was happy with, however I also mentioned that I would be in the UK nearby on the 28th May and would like to call in to see the operation and their other products, next thing I know the guys have offered to have my splitter set ready for collection on my visit!

And it was ready and waiting completed in red gel coat (should show less stonechips).

I also took a look at some of their other products for 911s (Bonnets, roof skins in Carbon) and very impressive they are. Lewis is very enthusiastic about his work and it shows through in the quality.

Anyway these are my parts as I got them.

And fitted after painting. Please ignore the state of the rest of my paintwork!

Much better than the standard black plastic trays.

So if you where thinking of ordering a set then go for it...

Cheers
Jon
Old 06-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi,

Nice, I like happy endings :thumb up:

Here's mine fitted and finished.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 07-01-2014, 10:32 AM
andrew_lwsdesign
Cruisin'

Another 2 sets completed in Carbon, next set is a special body coloured carbon set :-)
Attached Images  
Old 07-01-2014, 10:38 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks fantastic, too bad a WB version is not available or else I'll have another excuse to spend some money.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:45 AM
andrew_lwsdesign
Cruisin'

apologise... maybe I am tired as new baby just arrived... WB?
Old 07-01-2014, 11:36 AM
StopLookGo
Instructor

Wide body
Old 07-01-2014, 11:38 AM
StopLookGo
Instructor

Congratulations btw
Old 07-01-2014, 07:00 PM
andrew_lwsdesign
Cruisin'

knew the tiredness was affecting me... of course.. kicking myself now! :-) and many thanks :-)
Old 11-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Merle
Racer

I just sold my car and have the non carbon fiber version from this group buy still in the box from the UK if anyone is interested. PM me for details.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:13 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Merle
I just sold my car and have the non carbon fiber version from this group buy still in the box from the UK if anyone is interested. PM me for details.
PM sent to Merle.

Quick Reply: Tech Art front splitter - GroupBuy ON!