Sponsored by:

Tech Art front splitter - GroupBuy ON!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Stuart,

Asked for mine just as a polished finish (semi-gloss) not full epoxy hi-gloss. I believe Brad wants his the same.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 03-05-2014, 08:12 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Paul,

That sounds like the best option, a full gloss polish is going to be a mare to keep in that condition.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Those CF ones turned out awesome! They're gonna look great installed!!! Thanks for posting.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gents, For those pondering whether to place an order - I advise you PM me first.

We will give our final review once all orders are complete.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:21 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Gents, For those pondering whether to place an order - I advise you PM me first.

We will give our final review once all orders are complete.
an issue??

pretty glad i didn't get in on the initial order for these, i would not have had the patience to wait! that cf does look nice though!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:48 AM
mf_rsr
Pro

I've seen Franks and I would say the product is amazing. FACT. We now all have a source for these splitters which did not exist before? Good times :-)

My view is that many have had unrealistic expectations about a small company making a unique component from scratch and selling it for little profit in the middle of an economic crisis...

Its also sad to see someone undermining the whole project now that they have their own part already...
Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 AM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mf_rsr
I've seen Franks and I would say the product is amazing. FACT. We now all have a source for these splitters which did not exist before? Good times :-)

My view is that many have had unrealistic expectations about a small company making a unique component from scratch and selling it for little profit in the middle of an economic crisis...

Its also sad to see someone undermining the whole project now that they have their own part already...
Or maybe his conscience would not allow him to stay quiet....
The way I see it Frank has always tried to help us fellow enthusiasts.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:54 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Thank you Pops - appreciated.

Originally Posted by mf_rsr
Mark that was completely uncalled for and inaccurate. I will come back to your words once all splitters are delivered.

Last edited by BLACK-BETTY; 03-06-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

That was uncalled for and deeply disappointing

Frank is quite correct, what he is doing is saving you from entering into something which could take months to come into fruition, thereby saving you a load of trouble. In fact from what I know, I don't think the design company will take any more orders at the moment. I paid for my splitter last August and still haven't received it - get the picture??

Frank during all this time has been barraging the design company with phone cals and emails on our behalf and wasting his own valuable time in the process because he feels responsible. Even though he already has his splitter he is still seeing this through to the bitter end for the last two members of the original group. I hope you now understand why Frank is reluctant to get involved in another debacle, I know I wouldn't.

I also have spent numerous phone calls and emails with the design company and I'm only now happy because I'm nearing the end of this very frustrating episode, knowing that one day soon I should have my splitter.

Frank, you don't deserve this and I apologise unreservedly for posting the last few photos.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 03-06-2014, 05:37 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

I just re-read the last 3 or pages, to understand who Mark was referring to and came to the occlusion he meant Frank.
I must say, I was surprised.
Frank, your comment about a PM did make me think, "is there an issue" but other than that I would define that as undermining the project.
If not for you, this whole project would have never gotten off the ground, you've spent a lot of time and energy on everyone who ordered's behalf.
Paul, in my view, why the apology.
The manufacturer, have communicated with you on the progress of your order, I for one was glad to see it and looking forward to the finished item fitted to you car.
I would say, that I am now likely to order the CF one myself now. (I'll wait for the final review from you all first though).
Old 03-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Paul, in my view, why the apology.
The manufacturer, have communicated with you on the progress of your order, I for one was glad to see it and looking forward to the finished item fitted to you car.
I would say, that I am now likely to order the CF one myself now. (I'll wait for the final review from you all first though).
Hi Stuart,

My apology to Frank was because the pics have sort of stirred things up a little and he's done his best for us all along but they were in response to Rey's post.

Whilst for my part I would like everyone who wants one to be able to have one of these splitters, it may not be possible as the design company have had enough and so probably has Frank, it appears it may be an open wound at the moment and only Frank knows if things will improve in the future.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 03-06-2014, 06:48 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Paul,

I don't think you should hold yourself to blame for that, as only 4 or 5 people have responded to them and 2 of them are Frank and I.

One unnecessary comment has rocked the boat. We'll all get over it!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:47 AM
mf_rsr
Pro

Ooo'er! Calm down girls!!!

Its not a personal attack. Franks done a GREAT job getting a great company to make a great product, FACT.

But that last comment does spark worry and the immediate next post was someone now not making an order. This is a shame and not necessary as everyone's experience is different...for example mine which was nothing short of exemplary.

I'm sure LWS, a team of 2 or 3 people, are doing their best with one mould, as well as keeping the business afloat...
Old 03-06-2014, 08:30 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Mark,

"Calm down girls" is not going to make matters any better!

Maybe your original comment has validation, maybe not, only those who have ordered, and received their order or not, can comment on this.

LWS may have a 99% success rate and 99% of their customers are happy, 1% unhappy is all it takes to start a rumour of bad service etc.

Lest not blow this up into something that it's not!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Can we please drop the subject until all orders are complete. Thank you.

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
only those who have ordered, and received their order or not, can comment on this.
/\
This - since the subject is on this group order.

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
I don't think you should hold yourself to blame for that, as only 4 or 5 people have responded to them and 2 of them are Frank and I.
Absolutely agree.

Quick Reply: Tech Art front splitter - GroupBuy ON!