Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially New 964 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much? My friend and I just went and bought a 91 Coupe here in MA this last weekend. Curious what they are going for. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:03 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you just bought one you know what they are going for.

the cost to me is highly dependent upon condition and what the buyer is willing to pay and tolerate.

it was no doubt less than the $14.5K asking price plus the cost of a $300 PPI.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:14 PM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what they can go for. Was wondering what you paid. I am not the IRS. Just paid $12,000 for this 91 c2 coupe blk on blk with 71k. He wanted $13.5. Has had some paint work and needs new taillights. Has typical chips and scratches. Needs a little tlc.
Have fun. You will love it.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

mine might need more tlc...once i get it home and evaluate it more i will know. but this one has over 122K miles and does run well as is but leaks oil and no doubt has oil seeping past the valves and could use a top end rebuild.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 AM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Congratulations on the new car. Only got mine this week. Already more than obsessed with it. There are of course worse things one could be addited to. Me? Pure air-cooled Porsche. Forget the journey...enjoy the ride.

Mikey
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Thanks all.

Well was headed to pick it up this morning and a dump truck got into an accident on my way north on the NJ turnpike to NY state (city area).

Decided to go home and head up tomorrow morning.

What is strange about this last week when I went up for a test drive...the same thing happened but worse. The dump truck driver died and the NJTP was closed in both directions for most of the day.

Now if something strange happens on my way up there tomorrow...I will not know what to think.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Hi, Congratulations on the new car. Only got mine this week. Already more than obsessed with it. There are of course worse things one could be addited to. Me? Pure air-cooled Porsche. Forget the journey...enjoy the ride.

Mikey
forgot...congrats on you purchase too. i look forward to getting it home...hopefully tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 AM
jotaking
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well Done with the new purchase!!!

You've come to the right place, there is nothing these Guys & Girls don't know!

I have found the forum invaluable on many occasions.

Originally Posted by greg1990964
I know what they can go for. Was wondering what you paid. I am not the IRS. Just paid $12,000 for this 91 c2 coupe blk on blk with 71k. He wanted $13.5. Has had some paint work and needs new taillights. Has typical chips and scratches. Needs a little tlc.
Have fun. You will love it.
These must be much cheaper in US, I paid nearly that in GBP for a good car (needs work though) with 98k!!

No wonder UK is known as Treasure Island!!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

based on my reading the kw v3 coil overs seem to be one of the preferred coil overs for the 964.

where is the best price to purchase these?

also, i am going to be setting my car up for street/DE. what other options would you suggest re coil overs or any other suspension related parts and where is the best place to purchase them?

i think i will focus on brakes and suspension first...and getting the engine/trans out of the car...think the engine might spend the winter months in my basement.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
B345ty
1st Gear

Congrats! Had mine for 4 months now and love it more each day! Enjoy the stares!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

OK...got it home today. It ran and drove much better than I could have imagined. I am somewhat surprised as I did not drive it much when I went up to look at it last week.

But today I got on it on the way home close to my turnpike exit and got it to 120 mph. it accelerated very smoothy and got there quick. it is no doubt quicker than I had originally thought it would be.

seems to cruise at 70 mph at 3K rpms and does that very very smoothly.

it is sitting in the driveway now waiting on it first wash to remove whatever type of waxes have been applied to it. then i will dry it off, pull it into the garage and get to compounding an area of the car and see the real condition of the body.

cars brakes/clutch...also much better than expected.

we shall see what further inspection brings...
Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Congratulations... enjoy driving the car... but treat her well and she will treat you well. They may not be the fastest, or the most expensive, but they are reliable and better looking than anything else out there... so enjoy!!!!

The interior can use some serious TLC... but you'd be surprised what some time and using the correct procedure on leather can do. I would suggest pulling the seats over winter and going through that interior with a serious leather conditioner and letting it sit. I used Color Plus Leather Soffener as a conditioner and just brushed it on... then let it sit for 2 days. Buff it off and did it again. I wrapped the seats in cling film to avoid it from evaporating. The interior I went over 4 times, the seats (wrapped) only twice.

It transformed the seats and made the leather supple. Then moved on to addressing the scratches with dye. When I was done I went back to the dealer I bought her from and they couldn't believe it was the same car.

The driver seat looks like the only thing that may be a bit too far gone.

Just my advice as everything else seems to be OK. The best way to know is to just drive her.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:21 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

no doubt...thanks for the advice on the interior. yes, these driver's seat is no doubt worn but actually was fairly comfortable again pleasantly surprised.

i am about to wash/power wash the car.

i have about $1200 worth of detailing supplies and spent 20 hrs at least detailing the exterior of my audi. i have some very interesting stuff and this car no doubt has more swirls in the paint than my audi did which is a 2008. the exterior on this car should come out very good...then off to a body shop for some PDR on any of the dings in the body.

interior and engine oil leak at this time are the biggest issues. the oil leak does not seem bad though...we shall see after it sits a bit but may not be as bad as I initially thought.

happy with the purchase at this time...might be even happier tomorrow since we are suppose to have a 72 degree day out...should be well into the exterior tomorrow.

thanks again for the tips on the seats.

oh another thing...i had some much hotter 911 drive by me on my way home today beeping at me and waving. i dont even get that kind of love in my RS4 from other audis. no doubt the porsche ppl seems to be a much tighter group.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

The Porsche salute is an American thing I believe. It was somewhat executed in Europe, but here in the Middle East they will only do that when you're in their way... and not only Porsches do that

And yesterday a Tahoe was doing that too... to get out of the way so he could run the red light.

Can you tell I miss it?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:06 PM
PChar
Racer

Congrats on your new purchase. I was also lurking at that car as well (I am partial to blue),... I even made a decent offer to this guy and he refused. I wanted another one for full track dedicated car.

Let us know the outcome,.. and post plenty of pictures,..

Quick Reply: Officially New 964 Owner