Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Enso.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Billet valve covers look and perform great but it's up to you. Check out our billet valve cover offerings HERE
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 08-03-2013, 01:55 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Getting very close to being able to lower the engine and trans out of the car.

Is there anyone in the Moorestown, NJ area that would like to come over and help me guide it out the bottom of the car? Could use an extra hand as well as a jack or trans jack.

Just to warn you I am doing this engine remove on jack stands.

Let me know if anyone is interested...would like to get this out by next weekend. If there are no volunteers at that point will go it alone

Actually trying to get this engine/trans out and then roll the car out of the garage, clean up the car a bit and then cover it. Next get the engine/trans apart and put engine on engine stand.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Just bought these two items to help with the drop (per RicardoD's thread):

Pelican PEL-TOL-P242 (picture attached) -- still have the oil line(s) attached, will be here by Friday.
Sears Craftsman Professional ATV Jack (picture attached) -- pick-up this weekend.

Was not sure which was better to buy, the table lift from Harbor Freight or the ATV Jack from Sears. I went with the ATV Jack as that had minimum height specs listed on the Sears website and seemed nice and low.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

The engine is out and overall it was not a hard task at all especially when taking your time. The actual dropping of the engine is very easy just lower a little at a time.

Also, I disconnected the throttle cable at the engine...just seemed much easier to do it this way...actually way too easy.

ATV jack under the engine with 3/4" plywood between the engine and ATV jack and my good old Costco jack under the transmission. Lower each a little at a time.

Tomorrow I am going to put the rear tires back on the car lower the car and roll it out of the garage after I tie up the rear axels and air condition compressor. Then give the poor car a well deserved bath since it is a bit dusty.

Pics to come tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:08 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Car has been rolled out of the garage and washed. Here are some latest pictures and one of the engine/trans sitting on my garage floor.

Next step separate trans from engine and get the engine on an engine stand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6416866...7631770678346/

Quick Reply: Officially New 964 Owner