Sponsored by:

New UK Member: Maritime C2 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bigunit_271078
Lovely - did you source the wing from an OPC?
Yes, there isn't an aftermarket alternative so it was sourced from Porsche in Reading. Just over £700 with VAT
Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - yes I was lucky when doing mine that a second hand front wing came up for less than half that. Must say though that relative to some second hand prices the new OPC genuine part can often seem ok value
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bigunit_271078
Ok - yes I was lucky when doing mine that a second hand front wing came up for less than half that. Must say though that relative to some second hand prices the new OPC genuine part can often seem ok value
As you will imagine, the budget I told my wife when I bought the car has long since gone out of the window, I'm at the point where I'm just laughing insanely. At least I know it has been done properly. I think you can get front wings as a pattern part, but the price difference is not huge anyway as you say.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those RSS engine mounts look very trick indeed. Mine are shagged and I'm looking at options at the moment. I'd you get the engine carrier strengthened as recommended in a number of other posts? I think I'm going to go down the 993 c4 mounts instead, as I can't face any more major expense or delay. You build is epic. I like the no ompromise line you seem to be taking. A beautiful colour too. Keep the pics coming hopefully I'll see it in the metal at Spa.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Those RSS engine mounts look very trick indeed. Mine are shagged and I'm looking at options at the moment. I'd you get the engine carrier strengthened as recommended in a number of other posts? I think I'm going to go down the 993 c4 mounts instead, as I can't face any more major expense or delay. You build is epic. I like the no ompromise line you seem to be taking. A beautiful colour too. Keep the pics coming hopefully I'll see it in the metal at Spa.
Thanks a lot. Good point about the engine carrier, I'll look into the Rennline gusset kit.

Spa is going to be epic, isn't it!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

The car looks great.

All that bodywork and repairs were no joke, wow, quite the undertaking.

I didn't realize RSS made motor mounts for our cars.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow - nicely done work and mods, what a great car!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:25 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Nice work! Still remember chatting to you at the London 964 meet.. Never thought you were going to go so much to the car!!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:28 AM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Thanks a lot. Good point about the engine carrier, I'll look into the Rennline gusset kit.

Spa is going to be epic, isn't it!
I have to say i am massively excited but as my reassembly drags on, i'm less confident of actually making it. But going to stay positive. I'll update my build thread later. Keep looking at that colour. Lovin it
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

nice car, nice color
What kind of seats do you have? They look very nice.
I just search for a set of GFK seats with FIA approval und without any stiching - just black like yours...

regards
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vandit
The car looks great.

All that bodywork and repairs were no joke, wow, quite the undertaking.

I didn't realize RSS made motor mounts for our cars.
Thanks. Those mounts haven't been tried in a 964 to my knowledge but 9e are confident they will work.

Originally Posted by Shamus964
Wow - nicely done work and mods, what a great car!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jack.pe
Nice work! Still remember chatting to you at the London 964 meet.. Never thought you were going to go so much to the car!!
Nor did I Jack! Thanks for your insight at the time. Like what you are doing with yours, will be good to meet at the next one.

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
I have to say i am massively excited but as my reassembly drags on, i'm less confident of actually making it. But going to stay positive. I'll update my build thread later. Keep looking at that colour. Lovin it
Find a way or make a way, this can't be missed!

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
nice car, nice color
What kind of seats do you have? They look very nice.
I just search for a set of GFK seats with FIA approval und without any stiching - just black like yours...

regards
Thanks Roland, I've spent many an hour reading about your car

I don't know what the seats are, they have no visible markings. They seem to be a budget Recaro PP type copy, and are certainly not "up there" at that level in terms of quality, but they feel fine and are comfortable.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow! Brilliant work there James. Car looks the business! Loving the front strut brace.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:14 AM
wtdoom
Pro

James that car looks good enough to eat now .
Can't wait to see it in the flesh at spa.
Regards very excited of Berlin .
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
996ttalot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Thanks. Those mounts haven't been tried in a 964 to my knowledge but 9e are confident they will work.
We are the UK Principal Dealer for RSS and we have over the last couple of years worked closely with them in terms of product development. With our climate in the UK, we have been testing LCA etc and feeding back results, which, to the credit of RSS, they have taken on board and made changes.

As you know they don't do stuff for 964/993 but we have been discussing with them - if there is a demand, they will do it. Also discussing cages with them as well - we already have cages from them for the 996 and 997 models which frankly are better than anything else we have seen.

The mounts pictured are from a 996/997 models but we are confident with a slight modification that they should work well in 964/993. Once they are done I will get RSS to create the product and then it will be generally available through us.

Ken
Old 02-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Lovely car Rephlex, can't wait to see it at Spa.

I had the renn line engine brace fitted, but only after I'd done track days for several years. Made sense once I fitted rs engine mounts. Extra stiffness then may cause fatigue if not strengthened. Probably ott for just track days, but peace of mind!

Quick Reply: New UK Member: Maritime C2 Coupe