Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT UK 964s FS... Which one would you take home?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alexjc4
That's Lee's, GT TWO on here, right? I saw it briefly while it was still "just" a supersport. Looks amazing.
Lee did a lot of the work and sold it to a mutual friend Josh at the beginning of the year, who then decided to take the project further. It's been further refined. I'm at a loss why do all this and then sell, but then it's not my car....
Old 10-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Lee did a lot of the work and sold it ....... I'm at a loss why do all this and then sell, but then it's not my car....
Originally Posted by Mondrian
Very nice car but to be honest if i go down the backdate route i'd like to start with a blank canvas as that's half the fun of backdating.
I can understand how some would have more fun creating it than driving it, I am sure they are already looking for their next fix.

Last edited by Mondrian; 10-23-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
London911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have a custom long hood itch that ain't going away but with top 911s prices reaching 200k that wish started to look unlikely so been looking at G series as a potential backdate base as the general consensus was that prices were still low so it came as a shock to find prices almost on par with 964, well the nice ones anyway.

As for the mileage - by the sound of it most on here are only putting in 3-4000 miles per year which translates to 15,000 miles over 5 years. that would not even put a dent on the price unless it was breaching a perceived psychological marker i.e. 50k, 100k, 150k, 200k .....
We have similar tastes… I bought a 991 50th (graphite), then a 964 C2 to backdate but far too nice for that and so have had that completely restored with some nice mods and looking beautiful, then I recently bought an '88 3.2 but thats probably too nice to backdate too… lovely cars all...
Old 10-23-2014, 11:59 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice car but to be honest if i go down the backdate route i'd like to start with a blank canvas as that's half the fun of backdating. Yes finally found one that felt right for me back in August. Unfortunately I am away most of Autumn & winter due to work so won't be able to meet up with the 964 crowd till March. Its a 90 C2 with 80k, slate grey, linen interior, grey carpets, replica cup wheels, cup mirrors, club sport s/wheel, new tyres, brakes & engine re-seal. Not sure if its going to be a garage **** or a track queen.
Sounds lovely - congrats. Usual advise is to live with it for a while, it'll help decide the direction you wanna take.

Meeting up with L9O will give you so much food for thought. They're full of 'bright' ideas and 'experience'

I can understand how some would have more fun creating it than driving it, I am sure they are already looking for their next fix.
Mmm, indeed. Lee is such a prolific project man. He built a Cup rep from a C2 that was/ is absolutely fantastic. Happily tho it's still within the L9O gang.

Only 'issue' is doing the work yourself whilst a lot of fun is always going to cost you more than buying one already done. Especially if she's not a keeper!

Which doesn't matter to most, as most spread the cost over years. For example I couldn't afford the outright cost of buying one to my spec in one go...
Old 10-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by London911
We have similar tastes… I bought a 991 50th (graphite), then a 964 C2 to backdate but far too nice for that and so have had that completely restored with some nice mods and looking beautiful, then I recently bought an '88 3.2 but thats probably too nice to backdate too… lovely cars all...
You have far better taste than me, your 50th is one of one, mine is only one of ten at best - still looking forward to seeing the interior trim on yours. Your 964 is really a great colour combo as for the 88 3.2, is that the 930 turbo or have you added a 4th? I think the 3.2 has one of the prettiest stock engines (have a bit of an engine fetish).

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Sounds lovely - congrats. Usual advise is to live with it for a while, it'll help decide the direction you wanna take.

Meeting up with L9O will give you so much food for thought. They're full of 'bright' ideas and 'experience'
I look forward to meeting everyone in spring. At this stage it's far too enjoyable to tinker with but with rennlist & L90 on the horizon I am sure it won't be long before i draw up a todo list.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:45 PM
London911
Instructor

You have far better taste than me, your 50th is one of one, mine is only one of ten at best - still looking forward to seeing the interior trim on yours. Your 964 is really a great colour combo as for the 88 3.2, is that the 930 turbo or have you added a 4th? I think the 3.2 has one of the prettiest stock engines (have a bit of an engine fetish).
Picture is a bit dark but I love these engines too, the aluminium air intakes make it for me and I have a 1990 964 so I have them on that engine too. With the 3.2 I've added a forth... I still have the '77 930 3.0 Turbo as well (currently having a full nut & bolt restoration at Tech9 and ready Feb/March 2015). Plan for the 3.2 was a backdate or some modified fun but I've just had some major, unexpected and expensive back surgery so not driving for a while and hence stock for sometime at least. Apologies also if this isn't on point for the thread… at least includes some photos
Attached Images    
Old 10-23-2014, 01:53 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

at least includes some photos
Hi,
Two questions. What steering wheel is that - never seen it before? Also do you have any other pics of your red interior?

Cheers,
Old 10-23-2014, 02:03 PM
London911
Instructor

Hi, Two questions. What steering wheel is that - never seen it before? Also do you have any other pics of your red interior? Cheers,
Sorry that was supposed to be another pic of my Tech9 rebuilt 964 engine! The entire exhaust has been powder coated light grey now and looks amazing.

It's a 370mm Zuffenhaus 'R' wheel with their horn push also. Based on a Porsche 'R' wheel according to their website but I bought it because to me it looks exactly like a 70s Arbarth wheel which I love but had trouble sourcing. I just love it!!

I'll post more interior pics shortly. I have plenty although most before the new wheel, CDR 210 Stereo, carpet set, and detail. On the CoA the interior is listed as 'Custom'.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:25 PM
London911
Instructor

Hi,
Two questions. What steering wheel is that - never seen it before? Also do you have any other pics of your red interior?

Cheers,
More interior shots. It really is beautiful and I loved it the minute I sat in it, and knew I was going to buy it within a mile of driving it...
Attached Images      
Old 10-23-2014, 02:39 PM
jevvy964
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

More interior shots. It really is beautiful and I loved it the minute I sat in it, and knew I was going to buy it within a mile of driving it...
Love that feeling, car looks great I would have done the same

You got any more pics of the 3.2? Assume you know about http://www.impactbumpers.com forum ?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

It really is beautiful and I loved it the minute I sat in it, and knew I was going to buy it within a mile of driving it...
Nice, very nice.

So glad you said that, I must have bought over 30 cars over the past 30 odd years and each one was with my heart. Admittedly there has been the odd bummer but hey I am happy with the odds.

Sorry guys but I must add this pic - the root of my obsession, its a 4 cylinder 912 and my dream is to get as close as I can to this vision with a 964 engine in a backdate 964/3.2/3.0, I have absolutely no idea if I can get there (technically) but finding out will be a lot of fun.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

BTW I was looking for your steering wheel a few weeks back but could not find any, pm me if you come across any up for sale.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:27 PM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picture is a bit dark but I love these engines too, the aluminium air intakes make it for me and I have a 1990 964 so I have them on that engine too. With the 3.2 I've added a forth... I still have the '77 930 3.0 Turbo as well (currently having a full nut & bolt restoration at Tech9 and ready Feb/March 2015). Plan for the 3.2 was a backdate or some modified fun but I've just had some major, unexpected and expensive back surgery so not driving for a while and hence stock for sometime at least. Apologies also if this isn't on point for the thread… at least includes some photos
Hope the back surgery went ok, I know two other people who have had the same in the past month, must be the season!!

Nice use of the Fuchs centre cap horn push. Did you make it?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEX P
Nice use of the Fuchs centre cap horn push. Did you make it?
Zuffenhaus offers it as an option on their wheels. it is a replica of the 911R horn button.

https://www.zuffenhaus.us/cgi-bin/co...action&key=102
Old 10-23-2014, 05:08 PM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, thanks Ken.

Quick Reply: GREAT UK 964s FS... Which one would you take home?