Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aussie 964C2 Maintenance Diary (pic heavy!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(photo courtesy of Autohaus Hamilton)

It's with a little sadness that I have to report that there'll be no more 964 DIY posts from me...the pic above is of the 964 at the dealership awaiting collection by its new custodian.

What happened? To be honest, it was business as usual, my FD Goldenrod had arrived and I was looking forward to a good evening of spannering on the car. Then I got a call from my good friends at Autohaus Hamilton, that they had a client who wanted a car exactly like mine, and a favourable deal was worked out.

That was on Wednesday morning and I went home to give the car a good wash, before dropping it off at an Autohaus staffmember's house (he's my neighbour). And that was the last I saw of it...the buyer viewed it the next day and wanted to take it straight away. And that was that.

I am glad however, that the 964 is going to a good home, and will be joining what sounds like a very nice collection full of Ferraris. Thanks to all the Rennlisters for the advice and friendship over the last 2.5yrs

I notice that I have quite a lot of stuff still in the garage that is 964-related, so I will be posting up a garage sale in the FS thread soon
Old 10-31-2013, 06:13 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Babalouie
(photo courtesy of Autohaus Hamilton) It's with a little sadness that I have to report that there'll be no more 964 DIY posts from me...the pic above is of the 964 at the dealership awaiting collection by its new custodian. What happened? To be honest, it was business as usual, my FD Goldenrod had arrived and I was looking forward to a good evening of spannering on the car. Then I got a call from my good friends at Autohaus Hamilton, that they had a client who wanted a car exactly like mine, and a favourable deal was worked out. That was on Wednesday morning and I went home to give the car a good wash, before dropping it off at an Autohaus staffmember's house (he's my neighbour). And that was the last I saw of it...the buyer viewed it the next day and wanted to take it straight away. And that was that. I am glad however, that the 964 is going to a good home, and will be joining what sounds like a very nice collection full of Ferraris. Thanks to all the Rennlisters for the advice and friendship over the last 2.5yrs I notice that I have quite a lot of stuff still in the garage that is 964-related, so I will be posting up a garage sale in the FS thread soon
You leave a legacy....and hopefully a few juicy GP White parts. Tell us when they go up for sale.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:25 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What have you done?????? That car was fastidiously made perfect and you just unloaded it? I hope you at least got a ridiculously high price for it.

I feel like a family pet has died. VERY sad day.

I just don't get it, why did you sell? were you bored? new car arrived? needed the space?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a disaster how dare you sell it before consulting us when you still have so many jobs to show us how to do it properly !

thanks for taking the time to do your write up`s which are an asset to this forum make sue you pop back from time to time and good luck with your next project.

Gaz
Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jack.pe
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What have you done?????? That car was fastidiously made perfect and you just unloaded it? I hope you at least got a ridiculously high price for it.

I feel like a family pet has died. VERY sad day.

I just don't get it, why did you sell? were you bored? new car arrived? needed the space?
Well I'm one of those guys who thinks that when the right price comes along, you take it and move onto the next project.

So I wasn't unhappy with it or anything like that, but I feel like I'd done pretty much everything I wanted to do with the car, it was pretty much where I wanted it to be mechanically, and well...there are plenty of other types of cars out there still on my bucket list
Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm stunned. Really enjoyed reading all your posts, can't thank you enough. Inspirational. Would be nice if you give us a link to the next project, even if it isn't Porsche related.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:27 PM
NeilW
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck and thanks for all the detailed write-ups. I found the photos very interesting as some were of parts of the car I've never seen!

I've never been any good at the no emotional attachment, it's just a car, move on, etc. thing.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Still feels wrong BUT thanks so much for all your write ups, much appreciated!! and good luck with the new projects.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
seeq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all DIY.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 428 Likes on 278 Posts

It's been members like you that have made this forum far and away the best out there for our cars - Thanks for the input over the years.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:09 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

wow.
you sold it.
thanks for the great write-up.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:15 PM
jorijori
Instructor

Thank you so much for all your help & advice. Wishing you get a 3.2..
Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Friggin hell how am I gonna fix the 64 now........baba I've loved all the pics/info you have put to your thread & they will be in the rennlist hall of fame I'm sure for the future DIY guys/girls.

Don't be a stranger & as rephlex said keep us posted on your next project Porsche or not as I know it will be interesting & do not ever let that skyline go ....all the best fuch
Old 10-31-2013, 05:22 PM
964Lovac
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

So sad to see you go, was just going through your build again a few days ago. Best of luck!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Twood
Racer

Default We will miss you!

I would like to add to the general feeling of the forum that you input will be sorely missed. There are not many of us on the forum here in Australia so it will be all the more noticeable.

If you are in Brisbane at any time it would be a pleasure to catch up-I can always offer my car if you find the 964 withdrawal symptoms too much.

PS First pick through the 964 parts would be good before all those other Rennlisters start pushing up prices

Quick Reply: Aussie 964C2 Maintenance Diary (pic heavy!)