Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breather Venting, weight reduction and other ramblings.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Mark J
Trial Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a very tasty car and interior Dave. The cockpit looks so neat, trim and looking like it means business with that great cup wheel. I must have that wheel at some point ! Whats the alacantra like on a hot day, does it get very sweaty-palmed ?

Are the seats Recaro Pole positions ?

Last edited by Mark J; 03-28-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

nice car Dave in and out, nice gear lever, I am not a great fan of the whale tail but it looks great on your car maybe because it is white, is it a Getty one.

Konstantin C4
Old 03-28-2009, 01:20 PM
DaveConn
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. It's definitely nice to have it back, and in the sunshine!

Mark - This wheel is actually OMP's version. It is the same depth (dish) as the Momo, IIRC, but has a slightly oval rim section, like the Monte Carlo, and seems to fit my longer fingers more comfortably. I just put it in, so we'll see...

I will say that the suede/alcantara rims do get matted down with use. The wheel I replaced was a Sparco suede, only a year old, and it's pretty much toast. I drive the car on the street probably 50% of the time, so I'm not always wearing gloves, and spirited drives through the country can make the palms a little moist.

The seats are Recaro Profi XLs. I had Poles, but they were not tall enough for me to use a Hans device.

Konstantin - Yes, the tail is Getty. I decided to go the route of the C4 Lightweight and paint it white, with the blacked out grille. IMHO, it really completes the lines of the car, especially with the lowered stance, etc.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Dave
Old 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Mark J
Trial Rennlist

got a link or full reference to that OMP wheel Dave?
Old 03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
DaveConn
Instructor

Hi Mark,

Try this:

http://www.ompracing.it/detail.html?productcode=CORSICA

Regards,

Dave
Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 PM
fat cab
Pro

when are you going on a diet? LOL are you doing Putnam Park in April with MVP? I am!!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:10 PM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

I have that exact same wheel... and seats...

I also noticed that you dont have the lower dash... i took mine out this morning along with all the brackets, pass side airbag, easy 10kg there.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Low 964
Pro

I have a leather Monte carlo, I was gonna get a momo 07 do you guys feel it is to near to you say compared to the monte....can you get a shorter boss...

Any prices on the OMP wheel, and exact code number...is it better than momo

I have just fitted Cobra imolas, wide....hassle job, but for my head to clear the roof have had to drill them seriously low...had to make up special brackets and seat belt bosses for normal belts.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:01 PM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

personally i like a close steering wheel... your welcome to have a sit in mine next time...
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM
DaveConn
Instructor

Fat Cab - I'll be there! It will be the first one this year for me. I can't wait! I hope all is well with you and yours.

demon - You're a man after my own heart (with regard to the lower dash).

I'm also thinking I like the closer fit of the wheel rim with the OMP; with proper leg distance I have my arms/elbows at about a 90-100 degree angle. Definitely closer than I used to drive street cars, but it seems to provide an excellent feel for what the car is doing.

Low - The difference in the depth of the dish is approximately the thickness of the rim. It doesn't seem like much on paper, but does feel different when sitting in the car. If you try it and don't like it, I bet there would be a number of folks who would be glad to take it off of your hands...

The part number for the suede wheel is OD1954N.

geordie - Thank you sir! I'll take a few more when the weather allows.

Regards all,

Dave
Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Mark J
Trial Rennlist

Thanks for the link and code ref Dave, much appreciated. Not a bad price either, especially compared to the Porsche cup wheel !!
Does it require a boss kit too ?
Compares closely with the Momo 07. Which of the two bares the closest resemblance to the genuine Porsche cup wheel ?

My car comes without that lower dash and airbag so ive already saved that 10kg weight without trying
Ive only always seen one weight given for each 964 ie for C2's and C4's but it seems the earlier the model the lighter it is ? Lack of twin air-bags, lower bulky dash etc ?

How can we get our cars weighed in the UK? is there a council weigh bridge that allows public cars to drive onto? I have seen one at local rubbish tip (presumably for vans and lorries). Be interesting to know overall weight and then check periodically as we rid the car of 'baggage'.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:20 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the gear shifter daveconn, where you did you get it? Is that one piece alloy?

Looks well good
Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 AM
964rh
Pro

Mark

I think the 07 'is' the cup wheel, the only difference on the porsche one is it has porsche either embossed or stuck on one of he spokes. I think ThomasC2 has an original one?!?

Weighbridges - the one at the tip will be ok for a basic weigh might cost you a drink for the bloke there, or have it corner weighted. When I can be arsed, I'll pop round to the Asda warehouse on the ind. estate and pop it on theirs.

btw - the templates are done and being posted when I get back to work tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 AM
Mark J
Trial Rennlist

Top man Rob, look forward to getting them and starting my next weight losing DIY job

and thanks for heads up on the Momo. That and the OMP are very similar in look and price so either would do, plus i can flog my RS one when i get it
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by robh
Mark

I think the 07 'is' the cup wheel, the only difference on the porsche one is it has porsche either embossed or stuck on one of he spokes. I think ThomasC2 has an original one?!?
Here it is. The MOMO logo isn't painted and instead there's the red Porsche logo.

Last edited by ThomasC2; 02-22-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Breather Venting, weight reduction and other ramblings.