Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 03:41 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 693 Likes on 440 Posts
Default Fabspeed Carbon Fiber Heater Duct Tube

Replaces the stock blower motor assembly and ductwork while allowing plenty of heat; Replicated from factory RS part.

FEATURES:
  • Fits all 964 Carrera vehicles (1989-1994)
  • Saves 8 lbs from rear of vehicle
  • Replica of the Porsche RS lightweight factory heat duct
  • Factory Porsche part is roto-formed plastic with parting lines where as Fabspeed's RS Heater Pipe is genuine carbon fiber
  • Replaces blower motor assembly/ductwork and still allows heat in the cabin
  • Aesthetically pleasing with clear coated carbon fiber tube
  • Simple DIY bolt-on installation, no cutting required
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

NOTE: This product may require the installation of additional wiring relays in order to keep the computer from triggering a code due to the removal of the heater blower and to ensure proper function of in-cabin heat. More information about this workaround is available by clicking (here)

Old 06-30-2021, 01:15 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 358 Likes on 219 Posts

The CF heater tube looks great in the engine bay. A CF intake tube for the air box would be a great piece to balance the look inside the engine bay. Have you guys thought of making one of those? Maybe a one piece tube and hole punched air filter cover . . .

Sorry - this is not the Fabspeed part. This one is a bit older and not a nice a part as the Fabspeed but provides a visual of a carbon fiber heater tube in the car for those who might have been wondering.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:21 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Oops - now I see the CF air box conversion with induction tube delete. I guess in aesthetics v. HP most guys would opt for HP. Still think it would be a nice look.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:32 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jpoint
The CF heater tube looks great in the engine bay. A CF intake tube for the air box would be a great piece to balance the look inside the engine bay. Have you guys thought of making one of those? Maybe a one piece tube and hole punched air filter cover . . .

Sorry - this is not the Fabspeed part. This one is a bit older and not a nice a part as the Fabspeed but provides a visual of a carbon fiber heater tube in the car for those who might have been wondering.
Great idea! We always appreciate feedback from the community, I'll pass the suggestion along to our engineers.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:46 PM
jimonycricket
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 41 Posts

How well does the heater work with this product?
Old 06-30-2021, 04:02 PM
revolve40
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by jimonycricket
I have the OEM RS tube and did the wiring bypass and have good heat.
The following users liked this post:
lfl215l (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 10:51 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by revolve40
I have the OEM RS tube and did the wiring bypass and have good heat.
can you please elaborate on the “wiring bypass”, I’ve been thinking about doing this…

thanks
Old 07-01-2021, 01:45 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

I saw a thread on the bypass but can't find it now. I haven't done the bypass but can say the tube will put out sufficient heat for chilly, jacket weather nights. That said - I don't drive mine in the winter so I can't say it will be enough heat when it gets brutally freezing.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:56 AM
andy73
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 55 Posts

I drove mine with no real heat for the first few weeks in Winter and it was pretty tough. The reason being that, once you've removed the blower motor, the dash fan won't work on any setting other than the coldest.
the way around it is to install this bridge relay in your rear fusebox - a 2 minute job - and, from then on the fan works no problem. I drive my car all year including in the Melbourne Winter, sometimes around zero degrees C (32F) and the car is toasty warm.

Link to the bridge relay below...

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...Y&fs=0&SVSVSI=

Old 07-01-2021, 05:25 AM
joerg65
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

No problems with heat but the fit to the rubber coupler (fan end) isn’t great and I had to “modify” the rubber to make it fit. It looks great in the engine bay and tidies it up a little.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:08 AM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by joerg65
No problems with heat but the fit to the rubber coupler (fan end) isn’t great and I had to “modify” the rubber to make it fit. It looks great in the engine bay and tidies it up a little.
Can you elaborate on this? I had the same issue and ended up not using it because I couldn’t get mine to fit. Mine is not a Fabspeed product though, it’s from Rennline I believe. I couldn’t get the bottom part to fit and when I got it somewhat seated, it was not close enough to the rubber part on the fan housing.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:24 AM
joerg65
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA964993
Can you elaborate on this? I had the same issue and ended up not using it because I couldn’t get mine to fit. Mine is not a Fabspeed product though, it’s from Rennline I believe. I couldn’t get the bottom part to fit and when I got it somewhat seated, it was not close enough to the rubber part on the fan housing.
It was pretty brutal. I took a scalpel to the lower/rear, out of sight, part of the rubber cutting it along the radius so that it remained attached to the fan housing and could be clipped on to the CF pipe. I then used a rubber repair goo to patch the gap in the rear/bottom of the rubber. I’ve done over 15k kms and it’s still in good shape. I can try to get some pics if you like.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:45 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by andy73
I drove mine with no real heat for the first few weeks in Winter and it was pretty tough. The reason being that, once you've removed the blower motor, the dash fan won't work on any setting other than the coldest.
the way around it is to install this bridge relay in your rear fusebox - a 2 minute job - and, from then on the fan works no problem. I drive my car all year including in the Melbourne Winter, sometimes around zero degrees C (32F) and the car is toasty warm.

Link to the bridge relay below...

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...Y&fs=0&SVSVSI=

excellent, can you show where exactly to plug this in?

Thank you
Old 07-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jimonycricket
Still sufficient heat for most climates, but if you daily in an environment with harsh winters you may find it is a little colder than stock.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:29 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

I had trouble with the fan end rubber until I realized that I didn't have it quite right. It looks like it's fit but you have to get the tube inserted on the back side and work your way around or it will keep coming apart. I did not reuse the rubber clamp on the engine tin side and it stays in place.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Carbon Fiber Heater Duct Tube